Wow; The KOCHS and the AHC

“…Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Partners; which are both backed by the billionaire Koch Brothers; are putting together a seven-figure fund that will go toward activity including paid media and direct mail for Republicans who vote against the bill. The legislation; formally known as the American Health Care Act; has been widely derided by conservatives both within and without Congress…”

Wow.

The Bill was going to the House on Life Support.

Does this kill it completely?

Thoughts?

I had been looking everywhere for this quote:

Robert Teeter; GOP Pollster (more than 20 year ago):

“…Health care will be a loser for whichever political party owns it…”

Wow, had not heard that.

That’s shocking.

I won’t be a bit surprised if it passes the House tomorrow or Friday. But the Senate is where the real battle would be fought. And if it does pass the House, but not the Senate, 2018 mid-terms are going to be real interesting.

Edit: reading comprehension fail on my part as I misread your initial post (but still stand by my comment).

1 Like

I guess we’ll see if Trump can go all “Lyndon Johnson” on the reluctant GOP house members for their votes…(he’s already threatened a few…)

The Vote on the AHC has been put off until tomorrow.

And it’s questionable whether it will even happen then. New CBO scores the revised bill as twice as expensive with no more insured.

Actually, T…the CBO has estimated that it will cost twice as much with less insured.

Again…

Robert Teeter; GOP Pollster (more than 20 year ago):

“…Health care will be a loser for whichever political party owns it…”

Eventually when Dems have too overwhelming of an advantage in numbers, a socialized version will be passed. In that day when the majority of Americans are in support of a bill that supports all Americans, those people will get the win.

1 Like