Wow, I Need help

none taken joe. I have always over analyzed things and its hard for me to stop. I am going to give 40:40:20 a shot and see what happens then work from there. I really don’t wanna gain any fat, especially with beach season coming up :wink: so we shall see how it goes. For training I decided to go with the CW 25 method for hypertrophy with steady state cardio on the days in between.

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
none taken joe. I have always over analyzed things and its hard for me to stop. I am going to give 40:40:20 a shot and see what happens then work from there. I really don’t wanna gain any fat, especially with beach season coming up :wink: so we shall see how it goes. For training I decided to go with the CW 25 method for hypertrophy with steady state cardio on the days in between.[/quote]

They say not to try gain muscle and lose fat as it is not the optimal way to do either - it is best to really throw yourself into one or the other.

However in your case (beginner, right?) i think if you choose a hard, heavy, challenging hypertrophy program and add cardio about 3 times a week and don’t eat shit food (you know what they are) plus dont over eat as though trying to gain as much weight as possible (and you are not, right?) then you should get a little more fat off and add a little more muscle - and if you are honest about your efforts, hardworking, dilligent and committed - you could be very happy in the 3 months you got till July.

JMO.

Joe

Thanks joe…I don’t eat shit food anymore other than the occasional metrx protein bar when im running around. I put in everything in my fitday today and it came out to be 2233 with a p/c/f breakdown of 50/29/20…i could have ate more today but I have been studying non stop for the past 4 days so its hard right now. Its hard for me to eat a lot of carbs before noon, the only carbs i get afternoon is my PWO shake and an orange about an hour later. I need a lot more food than that right?

Today:
8am
.6 cups oatmeal
.25c blueberries
5 slices turkey bacon
an apple
2scoops Metabolic Drive

11am (I was studying for my orgo test)
an apple

2pm
salad with tuna

4pm
Met-rx protein plus bar 32/32/8

workout
2scoops whey
15g BCAA
5g Creatine monohydrate

PWO
1 scoop Surge (i ran out)
10g BCAA’s

about an hour later
an orange
can of tuna

9pm
salmon
salad
1scoop Metabolic Drive

bedtime
5g BCAA

should I make my breakfast bigger…i.e 1 cup oatmeal with .5c blueberries, 5 egg whites and an apple??

To quote Seinfeld…

“More of anything? More of everything!!!”

I’m in your weight range and am eating much, much more than that trying to put on size.

OK… a biggie. If you want to gain mass, and that is what this thread started on, then yes. yes you do need to eat more. I will go with that then as i don’t know if you are trying to gain or lose… you seem to want to gain…?

right…

Breakfast is fine, but 0.6cups of oatmeal? wtf? get a grip man! i want to see 2 cups or at least no less than 1 cup. Ever.

11am - an apple? thats fine, if you eat it before 2-3 slices ww toast and tons of PB, Bowl of cereal w/seeds and pinenuts, double/triple protein shake with milk and PB and a banana… you get the idea…?

2pm - salad with tuna? My god… you on a diet?
Tuna? OK! but add a baked potato or 2 with double scoop cottage cheese with the tuna, followed by protein shake and PB, or followed by toast and jam or cereal… or whatever you can eat that is tasty and quick!!

4pm - protein. OK the science is alive, but you got no heart in it. What about those 2-3 dry as fuck chicken breasts you cooked up last night to snack on? Add a few sweet potatoes or 2-3 bananas after the chicken. What about a bowl of yoghurt w/ PB(!) and nuts and berries, and seeds with another shake with icecream in it?

Pre and post workout is OK.

“about an hour later…” - an orange? how many calories in an orange? i dont know either, but it aint fucking loads!!! heavy, starchy carbs with 2 - 3 protein sources, and fat too. good if you can help it. It seems excessive dont it? Thats what works. Ask anyone that has successfully bulked up.

9pm… not bad… maybe add carbs if you aint afraid to chance putting on a little fat.

Quote of the day…“should I make my breakfast bigger…i.e 1 cup oatmeal with .5c blueberries, 5 egg whites and an apple??”

This is all pretty healthy food, so you should be ok. Just keep logging your food and if you start to get fat, reduce it and if you dont put on anything, increase it. It works just like a training diary. Plus the bonus about logging food when bulking is it makes you think about food ALL DAY LONG!!

Hope this helps…

Joe