Wow, I Need help

When i weighed myself on my roommates scale (digital) it said I was 192 and then when I got weighed at the Dr’s it said I weighed 163 lbs. I am so messed up right now.

So my new stats are:
6’
163 lbs
@ 14% BF!!! I want to get to >10%

I don’t know what to do, I don’t have much definition in my stomach and chest. Now that I know what I really weigh, I really need to focus on gaining lean muscle. What should my diet look like, I have trouble putting on muscle, so should I go moderate carbs? It’s like starting all over again, im very stressed out about this haha…

I am going to weigh myself again at the gym today and see what that scale says

use the ‘search’ button.
Whats your diet right now?
What are you lift numbers?

30lbs difference in scales? Damn.

You need to add mass if you are 163lbs, and you should probably eat more - can’t such much else until you provide more info.

Regards,
eDoctor

What types of food should i be eating…i have been trying to lose fat for so long, I don’t know how to gain mass haha…i started at 6’0 225 with a lot of fat and little muscle

First off, stop weighing yourself. After all, does the number on the scale really mean that much to you?

Then figure out whether you want to make gaining muscle or losing fat your priority. No one else can answer this for you.

There are plenty of good programs on T-Nation to achieve either goal. Read the articles and pick the one that best fits your needs.

Then stick with that program for at least 4 to 6 weeks. Too many people bounce from program to program every week and never see any results because of it.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
First off, stop weighing yourself. After all, does the number on the scale really mean that much to you?

Then figure out whether you want to make gaining muscle or losing fat your priority. No one else can answer this for you.

There are plenty of good programs on T-Nation to achieve either goal. Read the articles and pick the one that best fits your needs.

Then stick with that program for at least 4 to 6 weeks. Too many people bounce from program to program every week and never see any results because of it.[/quote]

Agreed.

Furthermore, you are a former fat boy (FFB), same as myself.

You are different from the skinny guys with regards to the “rules”, you don’t need THAT much food, just lots of protein, controlled carbs and moderate fats. You don’t need to eat like a pig to gain mass, protein is the key here. Eat 100-200 calories over maintenance, 40g protein with every meal, no carbs past 12 noon and after a workout, protein & fat with all your other meals. Vegetables with every meal & healthy food choices - trust me it’s not easy all the time especially on a budget or a busy schedule, but it can be done.

Bottom line is don’t over complicate it, pick 1 goal and stick to it. If you choose to add muscle first (the better choice), remember, it is at least a year long process, with not HUGE amounts of food so you don’t end up getting fat again.

I was going to try John Berardi’s “Don’t Diet” plan which is eat protein + carbs for my first 3 meals and protein + fat my last 3 meals… Here is my usual diet before I realized that i needed to put on muscle

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2056664

how does that seem to pack on muscle…for my workout I am going to switch to OVT by CT

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/optimized_volume_training&cr=

With my diet before is that low carb enough so that I can just hop right into the Berardi’s “Don’t Diet”…I am saying this in context CT’s beast evolved transformation…can I follow that except skip phase 1 nutrition and go to phase 2 nutrition…or should I just start from the beginning??

The only carbs I get are from fruits and veggies, nothing processed, is that fine for the “don’t Diet” plan.

Scrolls down about 1/3 of the page:
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/qa/afc/afc_jul272001.htm

CT’s the beast evolves

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459236

haha, that sucks. Wow, I think I would cry if that happened to me.

Honestly though, if you weigh 163 you would look much different than in the 190’s, im a little confused as to why you weren’t more skeptical.

haha i don’t know…i guess when you look in the mirror everyday you don’t notice. Everyone always asks me how much i have lost and i think its only 25-35lbs when its really 80. I never really weighed myself often because its just a number but im skinny fat now…i need to pack on some muscle…what do you think is the best program to gain size and strength…I was looking at Dr. Clay’s Blending Size and Strength

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/blending_size_and_strength_version_20&cr=bodybuilding

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
When i weighed myself on my roommates scale (digital) it said I was 192 and then when I got weighed at the Dr’s it said I weighed 163 lbs. I am so messed up right now.

So my new stats are:
6’
163 lbs
@ 14% BF!!! I want to get to >10%

I don’t know what to do, I don’t have much definition in my stomach and chest. Now that I know what I really weigh, I really need to focus on gaining lean muscle. What should my diet look like, I have trouble putting on muscle, so should I go moderate carbs? It’s like starting all over again, im very stressed out about this haha…

I am going to weigh myself again at the gym today and see what that scale says[/quote]

Stick to the scales at the Doc’s. you shouldnt weigh too often as it is how you look that should guide you. Take girth measurements or learn to use BF calipers.
BTW… EVERYONE has trouble putting on muscle, it is a long, slow, frustrating process.

Eat low fat, bust your arse in the gym for at least 4 hours every 6 days and that doesnt include cardio which you need to do.
Avoid fried, fatty, baked foods and candy and sweets. Workout hard, choose a simple plan and dont get confused when something you read conflicts it. Stick to it for 3 months, constantly increasing the weights and reps, and changing hand positions/foot positions every 4 weeks.

Eat 160 - 180 grams of protein, go for 2500kcal total and reduce by 500kcal the first week then 100-200 kcal per 3-4days after that if you do not lose any fat on the scale or caliper.

Were you happy at that composition when you thought you were 200lbs? But at 165lbs it isnt acceptable? Hm… get to work fat lad. :wink:

Joe

my diet is kinda based on carb cycling schedule, with 3-4 low days (<150) and one moderate carb day 200-210. All clean foods like fruit and whole grains for carbs, lean meats and my fats come from the meats, nuts, olive oil and fish oil.

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
my diet is kinda based on carb cycling schedule, with 3-4 low days (<150) and one moderate carb day 200-210. All clean foods like fruit and whole grains for carbs, lean meats and my fats come from the meats, nuts, olive oil and fish oil.[/quote]

Sounds perfect but it obviously cant be, because if it was - then this thread wouldn’t exist!

However, if this is all fact then it is a matter of surplus calories…

Joe

Well before i wasnt on a diet like this, i was very low carb (<30) so now im trying to pack on some muscle so i am doing this getting around 2300-2500kcals a day

Follow this advice:

Who cares? Eat, Lift, Rest. If you aren’t growing, make sure you are eating enough. If you are gaining fat, eat less. If you are sore all the time and find yourself not wanting to lift, rest more. -CJK

And read this thread

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
Well before i wasnt on a diet like this, i was very low carb (<30) so now im trying to pack on some muscle so i am doing this getting around 2300-2500kcals a day[/quote]

Erm… if you are 6’ and either 165lbs or 190lbs… you will not gain muscle on 2500kcal! i was suggesting that to start on to LOSE weight!

You do need help! :wink:

Joe

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
Well before i wasnt on a diet like this, i was very low carb (<30) so now im trying to pack on some muscle so i am doing this getting around 2300-2500kcals a day[/quote]

At 6’ and 160 lb. I seriously doubt you will PACK ON any muscle with 2300-2500 cal. if you are training hard. You are either not eating as much as you think or you are not training as hard as you think.

TNT

If I want to gain muscle, how many calories should i go for. Since I am an ffb what should my macro breakdown be like, 20%carbs/40%pro/40%fat or something like that…should a carb cycle and cal cycle or just keep cals high and cycle my carbs…I appreciate any help

[quote]alaw4516 wrote:
If I want to gain muscle, how many calories should i go for. Since I am an ffb what should my macro breakdown be like, 20%carbs/40%pro/40%fat or something like that…should a carb cycle and cal cycle or just keep cals high and cycle my carbs…I appreciate any help[/quote]

Gotta say, i think you over analyzing… however…

pro:car:fat - 30:50:20 or something along those lines - maybe as a FFB it could be 40:40:20, maybe less fat - depending on how your body responds to carbs or fats (for me, i find if i cut fats i lean out fast, and i can handle plenty carbo). But mainly - just eat. Saying that, you may want to do a clean bulking stage as from what i remember, i dont think you are in a position to put on more fat are you? No offence! :wink:

Joe