WOW Fish Oil Works Fast

[quote]Wezcattoy wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I think 2000mg is enough…as I think the recommended is about 1000mg a day. More won’t hurt they say, but I think 2000 is enough.

Also, check my link two posts up…Carlson’s is a great company and they make what they call a Med Strength oil that’s 2800mg in one teaspoon.[/quote]

Actually, the recommended dosage on my package is 3x daily (Yeah, you read that right). So, that would equal 3000mg per day.

I’ve actually been curious about trying some oil, in place of the pills, but I’ve always been scared away by how horrible I expect it to taste. How effective is the flavoring they use? I tend to think that a fish oil/orange taste would be even worse than just plain fish oil.

Although the softgels do go down easily, I too choke down a vita pak (GNC Mega Men) every day, so it wouldn’t be bad to replace a handful of my pills with a teaspoon of oil.[/quote]
man up n swig it out the bottle.
i’ve been doin this for about 20 years .
i keep the bottle in the fridge n i swig it about 4 or 5 times a day probably get about 15 /20 g a day .
from the bottle works out much much cheaper .
the only aches n pains i get is muscular from training weights and never from joints or bones.
if your worried about taking too much just increase the amount slowly day by day until you get a bit loose when you dump then back off slightly .
as a side note johnny bowden rote that dosages of around 30g have been used with great success in treating the elderly for arthritis etc and at those sort of dosages it is more anti inti inflamatory than ibuprofen

I started on Krill Oil a few months back and have enjoyed. Its not like most people take fish oil and go “holy crap this stuff is awesome!” but I do notice healthiness in joints.

[quote]Wezcattoy wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I think 2000mg is enough…as I think the recommended is about 1000mg a day. More won’t hurt they say, but I think 2000 is enough.

Also, check my link two posts up…Carlson’s is a great company and they make what they call a Med Strength oil that’s 2800mg in one teaspoon.[/quote]

Actually, the recommended dosage on my package is 3x daily (Yeah, you read that right). So, that would equal 3000mg per day.

I’ve actually been curious about trying some oil, in place of the pills, but I’ve always been scared away by how horrible I expect it to taste. How effective is the flavoring they use? I tend to think that a fish oil/orange taste would be even worse than just plain fish oil.

Although the softgels do go down easily, I too choke down a vita pak (GNC Mega Men) every day, so it wouldn’t be bad to replace a handful of my pills with a teaspoon of oil.[/quote]

The flavoring on carlson’s is great, I opt for the lemon.

Yesterday I did heavy overhead pressing. I stressed/strained/hurt my medial delt doing heavy pin presses from chin height. I pushed through the workout and I thought I was really going to regret doing that - the pain in the right shoulder was pretty bad and I could not do a “W” or pivot prone movement without great pain. I thought I had really screwed up continuing the workout. Normally I take about 4500mg of epa/dha daily. Yesterday I took the usual 4500mg in the morning and took another 2800mg before I went to bed and did some deep massaging. When I woke up this morning I was pleasantly surprised that the pain was lessened so much that it didn’t bother me at all - noticed it a little but had full ROM. I was able to do a heavy squat workout because I could get my shoulder into a good tight position. Fish Oil must have helped. Oh, I haven’t experienced any ‘looseness’ in my bowels (yet) so I guess I didn’t OD on the FO!

I might have to man up and grab a bottle of oil. Thanks for the comments about the flavorings, guys.

I was surprised also at how quickly fish oil worked for me. I believe it was with in two days that I noticed a difference. It not only helped my joints, it also helped with a chronic GI problem.

I take around 3000mgs of EPA/DHA from fish oil and krill oil a day. I test and keep an omega 3 index above 10%. That amount is thought to also help with preventing fatal heart attacks.

Omega-3 Index: 10% or greater?

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Omega-3%20index

Question: Do you track by total EPA/DHA – I’m currently on the costco value brand, it only has 300mg of combined epha/dha, but a total of 1,000mg ‘natural fish oil blend.’

I keep track by total EPA/DHA, which means I’m only consuming 1,800mg per day – a lot less than users here.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Question: Do you track by total EPA/DHA – I’m currently on the costco value brand, it only has 300mg of combined epha/dha, but a total of 1,000mg ‘natural fish oil blend.’

I keep track by total EPA/DHA, which means I’m only consuming 1,800mg per day – a lot less than users here.[/quote]

I take in 1800 mg per day as well, and I had the rapid results I posted in the OP.

Every time I start taking fish oil on a regular basis I completely lose all sex drive. Like cant even get a boner.

There was another thread about this a while ago but nobody had any answers. It sucks because its great for the joints and I feel leaner while taking it. Makes my skin look better too.

[quote]overstand wrote:
Every time I start taking fish oil on a regular basis I completely lose all sex drive. Like cant even get a boner.

There was another thread about this a while ago but nobody had any answers. It sucks because its great for the joints and I feel leaner while taking it. Makes my skin look better too. [/quote]

wow. that sucks. i cant remember the last time i wasnt able to willingly get a boner. u gotta stop buying ur fish oil off the black market and get on that wal-mart brand. Honestly…i would say the sides of fish oil should be completley opposite of that.

Is there any science to back that up?

I mean how to go and connect the fact that you’re not getting hard and that you’re taking fish oil? Is anyone’s life that cut and dried?!?

pics or it didnt happen. no homo.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]NoWheyOut wrote:
It’s liquid gold.[/quote]

I thought liquid gold was just melted down regular gold[/quote]

Thats a bitch to drink tho

Is anyone that is allergic to eating fish taking this? I can’t eat fish but I have read different things about the proteins not being in the fish oil etc, and was just curious how it worked out for you lol.

I pop them like candy these days just to keep myself operational.

Megadosed at 20+ grams a day does wonders for the lifter with somewhat damaged joints from heavy lifts.

If I drop it out for about a week I start to feel like an old man, creaky left shoulder and banged up knee from football.

As long as I keep taking it, all is well.

Nards et al. Any idea which tastes best on the Carlson’s fish oil, the lemon or the orange?!? I might buy both and see but be good to get your opinons as well! Brian St Pierre just wrote a blog on fish oil recomending Carlson’s brand ( The Home of BSP Training & Nutrition » Blog Archive » Fish Oil: Why More Isn’t Better )

Anyone got any experience with Udo’s Choice Oils too? I know its not fish oil, its made from flax and a few other things i think, but i’ve read some interesting things on it, mainly about it not having the oxidisation issues that fish oil can have etc. I also have heard its not as the EPA/DHA isn’t as available with seed based oils? Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this as i’m pretty clueless on this stuff!

[quote]Taff85 wrote:
Nards et al. Any idea which tastes best on the Carlson’s fish oil, the lemon or the orange?!? I might buy both and see but be good to get your opinons as well! Brian St Pierre just wrote a blog on fish oil recomending Carlson’s brand ( The Home of BSP Training & Nutrition » Blog Archive » Fish Oil: Why More Isn’t Better )

Anyone got any experience with Udo’s Choice Oils too? I know its not fish oil, its made from flax and a few other things i think, but i’ve read some interesting things on it, mainly about it not having the oxidisation issues that fish oil can have etc. I also have heard its not as the EPA/DHA isn’t as available with seed based oils? Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this as i’m pretty clueless on this stuff![/quote]

I use this brand. Having tried several flavored and non-flavored, I can say that lemon compliments the taste best. I once had blueberry-flavored fish oil and it tasted like demon blood. Seriously. Waaaaaaaay worse than the most unrefined cod liver oil with chunks swimming at the bottom could ever be. Before you gamble on any exotic flavor, go either lemon or natural.

fish oil is a helluva drug…

nobody says “i want to grow up to be a fish oil user.” … fish oil ruined my life… This is your brain (shows egg). This is your brain on fish oil (cracks egg into frying pan)…dare to keep your kids off fish oil. Most fish oil users start out taking orally and recreationally. It becomes a problem when you start insulfating the capsules. This usually leads to injectable fish oil and is a gateway drug. Many fish oil users have been reported to moving onto much harder drugs, like, (gasp)…TEH CREATINEZZZ!!!

[quote]Beast Status wrote:
nobody says “i want to grow up to be a fish oil user.” … fish oil ruined my life… This is your brain (shows egg). This is your brain on fish oil (cracks egg into frying pan)…dare to keep your kids off fish oil. Most fish oil users start out taking orally and recreationally. It becomes a problem when you start insulfating the capsules. This usually leads to injectable fish oil and is a gateway drug. Many fish oil users have been reported to moving onto much harder drugs, like, (gasp)…TEH CREATINEZZZ!!![/quote]

lulz