T Nation

Would You Vote a Muslim for President?

It seemed obvious Todd was trying to walk him into this, but what are your thoughts? Would you vote for a Muslim?

Not knowingly.

But since some of them are not above trickery to accomplish their aim of world domination - I’m sure there are many less discerning people that already have,

I laugh when so many people are offended when Obama has been accused of being a Muslim. He will tell you himself that he grew up Muslim and practiced that religion for well over 20 years. He then attended the racist Church of Reverend Wright for about 20 years where many of Wrights sermons were filled with hate speech toward the United States and white people.

I’m not sure what’s worse if he was a Muslim or the fact that he attended a black racist church. Either way we know for sure he is not a lover of Israel. That sort of leads me to believe that if he is not Muslim he sure does have some leanings.

Oh… would I vote for a Muslim? That depends on the Muslim doesn’t it? It’s like asking would I vote for a Christian.

As for Ben Carson being disqualified because he said a Muslim should not become POTUS I think that’s wrong. Carson should leave the race because he does not have the charisma to beat the democratic nominee.

I’d be skeptical of a President who never, never drank.

Given that the precepts of Islam, as practiced virtually everywhere in the world, is in direct opposition to the US constitution (Sharia law, treating non-Muslims as inferior, death for defaming the profit (NO free speech), etc.), not sure how a Muslim could swear allegiance to the constitution, honestly.

[quote]dave1791 wrote:
Given that the precepts of Islam, as practiced virtually everywhere in the world, is in direct opposition to the US constitution (Sharia law, treating non-Muslims as inferior, death for defaming the profit (NO free speech), etc.), not sure how a Muslim could swear allegiance to the constitution, honestly.[/quote]

Pretty much this.

Plus my little off handed opinion that we should genocide them before they genocide us.

How muslim?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
How muslim?[/quote]

One who says they are muslim but only makes it to mosque around the holidays?

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
How muslim?[/quote]

One who says they are muslim but only makes it to mosque around the holidays?[/quote]

Lol, that’s good.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
How muslim?[/quote]

One who says they are muslim but only makes it to mosque around the holidays?[/quote]

I’d consider voting for him, depending on the rest of his platform of course.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Oh… would I vote for a Muslim? That depends on the Muslim doesn’t it? It’s like asking would I vote for a Christian. [/quote]

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

I’d consider voting for him, depending on the rest of his platform of course.[/quote]

Pretty much this. Someone’s religion or lack there of, to me personally, isn’t that high on my list of reasons to vote for or against. Particularly if said religion didn’t “interfere” with their governance.

(I understand my idea of interfere is different than other’s…)

Some people may think what Ben Carson said was controversial, but in all fairness, Obama has done some things that make people believe he is not serving in the best interest of our country.

Obama vanished when the Charlie Hebdo attacks took place, but spoke out about the terrible deeds Christians did a thousand years ago in the name of Christ, as if anyone here had anything to do with that.

Obama invites the Muslim boy who made the clock that looked like a bomb to the White House, but had nothing for Alex Stone who was arrested for eating a Pop Tart shaped like a gun, who wanted to shoot dinosaurs with.

Obama declares attacks on US soldiers by Muslim-American Nidal Hasan as workplace violence, as he shouts allahu akbar. But Bowe Bergdahl mails his uniform home, voices his dissent in the war effort, walks off to join the enemy, and is somehow declared a soldier who served with honor and distinction by the Obama Administration.

Not saying Obama is going all in, but there is at least a little there there.

I couldn’t care less what a person’s religion is as long as it doesn’t interfere with their abilities to make a decision with the public’s best interest at the core of that decision, and they don’t attempt to stifle my rights in favor of their beliefs.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I’d say no if for no other reason than it would piss of the PC/progressive/liberal crowd.[/quote]

That’s funny stuff Push–and that’s the same reason I actually Like Donald Trump. Oh I don’t want him to be president but I really love it when he says those non PC things. This is so badly needed in our PC sick society.

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:

It seemed obvious Todd was trying to walk him into this, but what are your thoughts? Would you vote for a Muslim? [/quote]

At home, I’ve voted for many muslims, Druze, atheists, and even the occasional Christian.

Just depends. If it was a Sharia-believing Muslim? No, in that the political aspects of Sharia are incompatible with Western civilization.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
I’d be skeptical of a President who never, never drank. [/quote]

This. Candidates should be asked what their alcoholic drink of choice is. I will not vote for light beer drinkers.

[quote]dave1791 wrote:
death for defaming the profit[/quote]

We do this already under free market capitalism.