Would You Rather

I’d love the fully recovered option, but I don’t think I’d make the best use of it.

I don’t ever feel fully recovered so i don’t think much will change if I took the second option except that I’d be stronger

2 Likes

I considered this until ejones specifically said ‘you can’t get hurt’. Which I interpret as no more injuries that take me out for ANY amount of time, no more injuries to train around, ever, I can go as hard as I want to on any lift, take any risk I want to, tear my fucking acl on wednesday and be fine on thursday.

If this is not what he actually meant, the question does change for me.

1 Like

But injuries are forced periodization!

1 Like

I mean no more injuries. Can’t get hurt no matter what. It has to be this way or the 1.5x strength is useless.

I got 10% stronger over a few weeks and got hurt right away.

If I woke up tomorrow with 1.5x strength but could get hurt, I’d break my back by tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Yes a Wolverine like healing factor is the obvious choice for me too. I took it to imagine you’d just simply be recovered from your workouts always, or if you took the strength multiplier, you’d not injure yourself by using said strength.

At 1.5x strength, I’d reach or pass any strength goal I’d have so I’d be fine to take more time between workouts and do other stuff with my life.

But yeah, considering I’m sitting here with a bunch of fluid in my knee and I don’t know why I’d take the recovered next day option if it included serious injuries as opposed to just fatigue.

Would you rather be Superman with super powers, but work at a newspaper or Batman and independently wealthy?

1 Like

that’s easy. Batman is a weirdo human. Superman is an alien.

Batman. Financial power = true power

3 Likes

over an alien? he can fly, into outer space.

1 Like

I have no desire to go to outer space

1 Like

I’d take the super powers. He can use them to create wealth, but chooses to just do well enough incognito, then use his powers for good.

If he wanted, he could use his x-ray vision to find all of the gold then remove it, but to what end?

1 Like

I’d be Superman and do whatever the hell I want. Shit, the movies did:

What’s stopping me from doing stuff like reversing time every time I want to bet on the stock market? Fuck, I’ll even strike a Jesus pose in space every time I do that instead of just smiling and flying towards the camera.

:joy:

Google college humor Batman vs Superman. It’s so great.

Have the ability to go ‘fuck this, I’m out’ and fly outta the room or be your dad’s butler’s concubine. Hmmmm, let me think about that one…

And just for clarity, I would absolutely fill my life with stupid stunts like that ahead of using my powers for good. I’d probably enslave human kind before I’d do good to be honest lol

1 Like

I’d end up a lot more like Hancock than Superman.

Like sure, I saved your puppy.

But about that building that got knocked over in the process…

Hope they had insurance.

2 Likes

If you watch the boyz on Amazon prime, Homelander has all of superman’s abilities. And he doesn’t use them for good. Which is probably how I would be too if I could do anything I want and no one could stop me.

3 Likes

Not very different from Superman in Man of Steel lol.

2 Likes

How hard can it be in a world where Superman exists? People are so fucking dumb they can’t even recognize him when he puts on a pair of GLASSES. They probably all drink Brawndo. You wouldn’t even need superpowers to do that.

You know how wild it would be to actually be able to fly while tripping?

I would go down to PPG place in downtown and probably trash the whole place flying around and watching my own trails.

It’s like the yinzer fortress of solitude.

1 Like

LMAO if we’re talking about real life, you’d cause a fucking A bomb level of destruction due to friction just by moving at that speed without even going through any buildings.

Batman was right. He’s always right. A tripping Superman is a world-ending Superman.

1 Like