Would You Have Taken the Risk?

Hello, it’s been 36 days since i got a sore throat, green/yellow mucus and small red blisters in my throat and i am getting rather depressed over here since training more or less is my life.
I did lift the 3/5 and 5/5 because i was literally climbing the walls here but im afraid that i only made it worse by doing that since i got the blisters 2 days after the last workout (7/5).

I have been at the doc and did a streptest, blood test and another test i don’t know the name of and they are 100% sure of that it’s a virus so they can’t do anything about it…
So, as the title says, would you have trained if you where in my shoes despite the increased risk of a myocarditis with a virus infection in the body?

And have any of you guys ever heard of a virus infection lasting this long with only a sore throat, blisters and green mucus as symptoms?
The pain in the throat is very vague and has been the whole period, sometimes i can barely feel it.

Im going nuts over here, im slowly loosing what i’ve work so hard for over the years, just because of a shitty virus in the throat…
And another question to you (clean induviduals)who have had to be away from the gym 1+ month, how long did it take for you to get back the strength/muscle you lost?

You’re not gonna lose muscle man. It takes months, if not years to actually lose the muscle you gained through weight training. What you are losing, though, is your nervous systems ability to recognize movement patterns. So when you train back for the first time, you won’t feel 100% because of that. Another thing is the cardiovascular system not being taxed like it would from weight training will make it so when you do come back you won’t have the muscle endurance or respiratory system endurance to go as hard.

You’ll be fine, it’ll take a few weeks or months before you can feel the same, but it happens to us all. Yes it was worth it.

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
You’re not gonna lose muscle man. It takes months, if not years to actually lose the muscle you gained through weight training.[/quote]

I wish that was true, i’ve seen friends of mine loose almsot all their gains in 4-5 months due to a illness or injury and still they ate good with a high protien diet and a calorie +/- 0.
Sure, it all depends on how you live, if you need to be in a bed all days long it will go fast as hell to loose muscle.
A few studies some might find interesting regarding bedrest and muscle loss →

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/89/9/4351.full
http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/3/1453.full
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2011/07/07/ajpendo.00230.2011.reprint

And if you live a normal life while away from the gym

[quote]
the decrease in thigh muscle CSA during 3 weeks of detraining is 2.1 % (estimated at 0.10 % per day and 21 days)[/quote]

Eur J Appl Physiol. Oct 06, 2012.

CSA = cross-sectional area.

There is validity in all of that. That being true, what’s the worst that can happen? Rebuild!

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
There is validity in all of that. That being true, what’s the worst that can happen? Rebuild![/quote]

Yep, just hope my muscle memory is good.
Everything just feels hopeless atm cause im starting to actually belive that this will never end:p