Would You Fly with a 72 Year Old Pilot?

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Would you want to be in an airplane with a 72 year old pilot? Amazing, how many people say that’s too old to fly and see nothing wrong with a 72 year old president.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, I would. Chuck Yeager was still flying supersonic into his 80s.

[quote]How do you manage that? You eject and go through air the whole time and, since you’ve got a parachute, land softly in water.

How in Hell do you break three limbs along the way? Was he engaging enemy jets mano-a-wingo?
[/quote]

Is this serious or sarcasm?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
<<< After all he was a POW (obviously he slept through escape and evade) >>>

I am no Mccain fan, but this is hilarious. The man’s plane is rocketed on his 23rd mission, he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg, but he’s supposed to escape and evade ROFLMAO!!! I can’t even imagine what I would’ve done and neither can you.

I was thinking the same…How was supposed to escape and evade? Drag himself through the jungle with his chin? Inch-worm his way to safety?[/quote]

Being conscious might be a plus too.

On this whole topic, maybe we should,ve made Bernie Mac a pilot. He was 22 years younger. However for the record, I do wish Mccain were younger. On the other hand I WOULD trust this 72 year old to navigate the increasingly precarious foreign stage a million to one over a limp wristed manchild who probably has never even played Stratego.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
…he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg…

How do you manage that? You eject and go through air the whole time and, since you’ve got a parachute, land softly in water.

How in Hell do you break three limbs along the way? Was he engaging enemy jets mano-a-wingo?

[/quote]

I wasn’t aware he was injured for 5 years. No, instead he chose to aid and abet the enemy with anti-USA broadcasts. Here is how he is looked at by his fellow vets.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/smith_mc.htm

[quote]pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
…he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg…

How do you manage that? You eject and go through air the whole time and, since you’ve got a parachute, land softly in water.

[/quote]

HMMMM… it could be just me, but I’m not having a difficult time imagining some obstacles after you’ve been half blown up in an airborne fighter jet, but that’s just me. Maybe my self esteem isn’t as high as yours.

speaking as a pilot … I definitely would rather fly with the crusty 72 year old than with the young guy. Especially knowing he was an ex-military pilot like McCain.

The 72 year old probably learned to fly in a taildragger … he probably learned to navigate with a compass and an ADF. The young guy spent a lot of time on a simulator and has been flying with GPS and modern avionics.

It’s a slam dunk actually.

I always get on airliners and take a look in the cockpit going buy and feel good if the dude in the left seat has gray hair.

here are the facts of Obama:

he Obama Tidal Wave

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare magnitude.

His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers have no idea of what he stands for except platitudes of 'Change' or that he says he will be a 'Uniter'.

The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful thing.   Certainly Billy Graham had charisma.   Both his manner of speech and particularly the content changed millions.

; On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler, too, inspired millions and the results were catastrophic.

& nbsp; Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many Americans riding on the Obama Tidal Wave it is just like a surfer who might be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, but the reality of the ride is what happens when it hits shore.

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

He voted for  partial birth abortion.
       He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
       Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas)..
  &n bsp;    In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
       Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
       Admitted  his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.
       His religious convictions are very murky.
       He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
       Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations.  Why?
       Opposed the Patriot Act.
       First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
       Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
       Supports universal health-care. 
 &nbs p;     Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
       Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
       Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
       Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
       Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
       Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
        Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes.  (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)
       Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
       Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports
            increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec.  Tax Increase.
       He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase.
       He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax.  T ax Increase.
       He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax.  Tax Increase.
       Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.
       He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Sen ate today and that takes some doing.

pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

I wasn’t aware he was injured for 5 years. No, instead he chose to aid and abet the enemy with anti-USA broadcasts. Here is how he is looked at by his fellow vets.

[/quote]

He also tried to kill himself after they tortured him into submission because he believed he had dishonored his country and betrayed his men.

Look punk, I already said I am no fan of Mccain as president, but don’t you dare try to take from him the sacrifices he made for this country regardless of what you think of the war which probably doesn’t amount to much because you didn’t even know the guy was injured.

Did you also know that he awoke to an AK butt that broke his shoulder as well after which he was dragged? Have you had one broken bone? Can you even fathom the pain this man was in.

Did you know that when Hanoi found out who he was (do you even know that) they offered him early release, but he refused to leave because the code of conduct he upheld dictated that the men captured before him should be released first and he refused to be viewed as special because of his family?

Did you further know that to this day he is permanently disabled as a result of the torture he endured before breaking and accounts for his hunched posture?

You’re a faggoty little piss ant and a disgrace. It’s attitudes like yours that give our enemies heart.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
A 72 year-old pilot who has actually flown before versus a 47 year-old guy that is in his first term of pilot lessons?

Give me the old guy.

Obama reminds me of a lot of people here: He’s been to the gym once, and is now a fucking expert on all training.

[/quote]

Welp, that about sums it up.

One question: what exactly does McCain’s vaunted experience amount to? No executive experience, just a lot of time served in the Senate, often championing causes that are either a bad idea (McCain-Feingold) or nanny-state at its worst (steroids in baseball).

And he’s supposed to have some great insight into foreign policy?! This is a guy who cheerleaded for Kosovo, who like Bush wanted us to go into Iraq ASAP after 9/11, who wants Georgia in NATO. This is what experience gets you? It clearly isn’t synonymous with good judgment.

Now, Obama’s judgment isn’t great either, he was right on Iraq, but that’s more a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day.

Yeah. That’s pretty scary when you think about it. I don’t know how those guys did it, especially in WWII.

[quote]thejkl wrote:
here are the facts of Obama:

he Obama Tidal Wave

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare magnitude.

His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers have no idea of what he stands for except platitudes of 'Change' or that he says he will be a 'Uniter'.

The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful thing.   Certainly Billy Graham had charisma.   Both his manner of speech and particularly the content changed millions.

; On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler, too, inspired millions and the results were catastrophic.

& nbsp; Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many Americans riding on the Obama Tidal Wave it is just like a surfer who might be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, but the reality of the ride is what happens when it hits shore.

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

He voted for  partial birth abortion.
       He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
       Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas)..
  &n bsp;    In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
       Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
       Admitted  his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.
       His religious convictions are very murky.
       He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
       Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations.  Why?
       Opposed the Patriot Act.
       First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
       Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
       Supports universal health-care. 
 &nbs p;     Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
       Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
       Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
       Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
       Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
       Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
        Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes.  (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)
       Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
       Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports
            increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec.  Tax Increase.
       He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase.
       He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax.  T ax Increase.
       He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax.  Tax Increase.
       Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.
       He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Sen ate today and that takes some doing.

[/quote]

Whoa! I didn’t know he had stances…Well here are the things in the list above that I am with Obama on:

No Patriot Act.

Drug use in college, or when ever - I don’t give a shit.

Well that’s it…

[quote]pat wrote:

Whoa! I didn’t know he had stances…Well here are the things in the list above that I am with Obama on:

No Patriot Act.

Drug use in college, or when ever - I don’t give a shit.

Well that’s it…

[/quote]

Obama has cute kids.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I would be the leader and if you listened to me you would survive.

We are going to determine that the old school way. We will have an ultimate fighter competition and the winner can lead for a day before the rest of us put him in his place.[/quote]

Have you ever seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
“Obama for Fuhrer 2008! A quarter million Germans can’t be wrong!”[/quote]

Please don’t associate shit with gold.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:

Is this serious or sarcasm? [/quote]

Meet Pookie.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

He also tried to kill himself after they tortured him into submission because he believed he had dishonored his country and betrayed his men.

Look punk, I already said I am no fan of Mccain as president, but don’t you dare try to take from him the sacrifices he made for this country regardless of what you think of the war which probably doesn’t amount to much because you didn’t even know the guy was injured.

Did you also know that he awoke to an AK butt that broke his shoulder as well after which he was dragged? Have you had one broken bone? Can you even fathom the pain this man was in.

Did you know that when Hanoi found out who he was (do you even know that) they offered him early release, but he refused to leave because the code of conduct he upheld dictated that the men captured before him should be released first and he refused to be viewed as special because of his family?

Did you further know that to this day he is permanently disabled as a result of the torture he endured before breaking and accounts for his hunched posture?

You’re a faggoty little piss ant and a disgrace. It’s attitudes like yours that give our enemies heart.[/quote]

Read the article. There is more truth to it than Obama being Muslim (which he is not). Or can only Republicans play Swift Boat?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

The missle hitting the plane as it is travelling several hundred miles per hour probably isn’t conducive to good bone and joint health. Niether is the rocket assisted ejection seat that launches you into the slipstream at a few hundred miles per hour. I don’t think the NVA gave him very good healtcare when they captured him…socialized medicine and all that.

pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Most vets admire John MCain for his service and the sacrafices he made. Do you know any?

[quote]hedo wrote:
pookie wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

The missle hitting the plane as it is travelling several hundred miles per hour probably isn’t conducive to good bone and joint health. Niether is the rocket assisted ejection seat that launches you into the slipstream at a few hundred miles per hour. I don’t think the NVA gave him very good healtcare when they captured him…socialized medicine and all that.

[/quote]

Then you’re hitting the ground at around 25 mph. That’s all the slower you’ll go in an ejection parachute. The term “parachute landing fall” wasn’t invented for no reason. It’s pretty easy to break your legs doing one.