T Nation

Would You Fly with a 72 Year Old Pilot?

Would you want to be in an airplane with a 72 year old pilot? Amazing, how many people say that’s too old to fly and see nothing wrong with a 72 year old president.

Well I suppose if I had to choose between a crotchety old man who’s asleep at the wheel and a young and energetic Marxist, the decision is pretty easy. Considering how bad McCain sucks I hope he sleeps through the next 4 years. Either way Obama is still an enemy of liberty.

“Obama for Fuhrer 2008! A quarter million Germans can’t be wrong!”

mike

When does the red crystal go off?

I thought it was at 30.

And yes I would fly with a 72 year old pilot. He qualified didn’t he? He kept up his license didn’t he?

Seriously this is an ignorant post. We need to judge people based on their abilities and skills, not on some superficial number, or skin color, or sex.

So if the president falls asleep the country crashes? I don’t even know what the original post means.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
So if the president falls asleep the country crashes? I don’t even know what the original post means.[/quote]

You might not get the complimentary mid-term peanuts.

A 72 year-old pilot who has actually flown before versus a 47 year-old guy that is in his first term of pilot lessons?

Give me the old guy.

Obama reminds me of a lot of people here: He’s been to the gym once, and is now a fucking expert on all training.

Choice is between a pilot with 25 years experience who was a Navy Fighter pilot before working for the airlines…and a guy who wants to take paying passengers on his first solo. I’m going with the older experienced pilot.

I heard the new and inexperienced pilot wants me to pay more for my ticket then the other passengers because I earn more. He wants me to pay for 9 other passengers who made poor business and personal choices. Also wants me to pay his friend Al Gore to reduce the carbon footprint of my flight. That doesn’t seem fair?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
So if the president falls asleep the country crashes? I don’t even know what the original post means.

You might not get the complimentary mid-term peanuts.
[/quote]

Clinton misunderstood and gave us the mid-term penis.

Am I remembering right that Road Warrior was one of the Ron Paul lemmings?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Am I remembering right that Road Warrior was one of the Ron Paul lemmings?[/quote]

Maybe he would prefer a 73 year old doctor fly the plane.

Ageist! But yeah McCain is old. The funny thing is that Ron Paul is a bit older and maintains a more youthful exuberance whereas McCain comes across like a crotchedy old goat who would yell at a child playing on his lawn.

Age is really in the mind.

Maybe he would prefer a 73 year old doctor fly the plane.[/quote]

That’s who we would want to survive to be our leader should the plane crash over some lost island in the south pacific.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Maybe he would prefer a 73 year old doctor fly the plane.

That’s who we would want to survive to be our leader should the plane crash over some lost island in the south pacific.[/quote]

That is who we would want to be our doctor. I would be the leader and if you listened to me you would survive.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Am I remembering right that Road Warrior was one of the Ron Paul lemmings?[/quote]

No, I was never a Ron Paul lemming. I don’t necessarily like Obama either. I just thought it was a fair question. After his dealings with Charles Keating (google that) McCain is more than qualified to work in Washington. Obama want’s to raise taxes (like McCain doesen’t). We need 4 more years of the current administration and maybe we can pay $10 a gallon for gas. McCain beleives in subsidizing the oil companies (like they need government help), he believes that the Enron loophole is good for America and the oil companies are not being treated fairly. Say anything against Obama and your against him for being black. Say anything against McCain and your un-patriotic. After all he was a POW (obviously he slept through escape and evade)for 5 years and because of the time he spent in a POW camp he deserves to be president. Never mind that he’s a senile old man who memory is starting to fail. Just think with his pandering to the pharmaceutical giants, he can put all the supplement companies out of business, only (pick your favorite chemical conglomerate) is really qualified to produce Vitamin C. He realizes Americans should be obese and support the fast food industry. It’s not about individual rights, it’s about corporate profit. Obama may not be the answer either, but at least he is bright enough not to send his wife to a war zone (he must feel the Geogian’s need more beer) where she has no politcal need or right to be. Who made her Secretary of State? I kind of look forward to McCain winning, he will make G.W. look highly competant. Everytime there is a world crisis, he can stand in the middle of the room and say “I was a POW for 5 years, you know”.

I would be the leader and if you listened to me you would survive.[/quote]

We are going to determine that the old school way. We will have an ultimate fighter competition and the winner can lead for a day before the rest of us put him in his place.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
<<< After all he was a POW (obviously he slept through escape and evade) >>>
[/quote]

I am no Mccain fan, but this is hilarious. The man’s plane is rocketed on his 23rd mission, he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg, but he’s supposed to escape and evade ROFLMAO!!! I can’t even imagine what I would’ve done and neither can you.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:

I am no Mccain fan, but this is hilarious. The man’s plane is rocketed on his 23rd mission, he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg, but he’s supposed to escape and evade ROFLMAO!!! I can’t even imagine what I would’ve done and neither can you.[/quote]

I was thinking the same…How was supposed to escape and evade? Drag himself through the jungle with his chin? Inch-worm his way to safety?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:

I am no Mccain fan, but this is hilarious. The man’s plane is rocketed on his 23rd mission, he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg, but he’s supposed to escape and evade ROFLMAO!!! I can’t even imagine what I would’ve done and neither can you.

I was thinking the same…How was supposed to escape and evade? Drag himself through the jungle with his chin? Inch-worm his way to safety?[/quote]

Rambo would’ve done it.Then he woulda killed all them sons of bitches with spinning heel kicks…or would that be Chuck?I get confused…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
…he manages to eject and lands in a lake in enemy territory in full gear and a parachute, unconscious with 2 broken arms and a broken leg…[/quote]

How do you manage that? You eject and go through air the whole time and, since you’ve got a parachute, land softly in water.

How in Hell do you break three limbs along the way? Was he engaging enemy jets mano-a-wingo?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I was thinking the same…How was supposed to escape and evade? Drag himself through the jungle with his chin? Inch-worm his way to safety?[/quote]

He had one remaining good leg. It has to be laziness.