Would You Endorse A Worthless Piece Of Equipment

People all over the world want to pretend to make an effort to be actively working towards a better body. The only thing is that they don’t really want to work for it.
They want to get electric impulses to improve muscle tone, or buy gadgets like the thigh master or this ab contraption.

Not every body has a price, but it does make you ask yourself if you have one, and what yours would be.

Which brings me to a point…my friend emailed me this link… NEED CASH…from what I can tell it’s legit.

http://ascottconnelly.com/25000-reward-for-met-rx-man/

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
If you are a “fitness model”, then it kinda goes with the job description take whatever work you agent gets for you… If you want to continue being a fitness model.[/quote]

I guess it depends on how you make your living, or rather, how it is you got into the position where people want you to endorse their products. Things that require sponsorship from various companies in order to compete would be okay. A lot of “extreme sports” athletes like snowboarders or skiers, fitness athletes, bodybuilders and so on are fine, because they endorse a lot of products that they really do feel good about.

But athletes like Jordan or Tiger Woods or Kobe and McDonald’s, who just sell their image to the highest bidder come off looking like corporate shills to me. If I was an athelete in one of the four major sports, an actor, a musician and so on, I wouldn’t endorse shit. The farthest I would go is to accept their free stuff like new cleats or new drums and that sort of thing IF I already used those products because I felt they were superior. There’s a difference between selling your image to a company and them buying it from you.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
I’d endorse if for whatever they paid me $5 or $5,000. If dumb ass people are gonna buy it anyways I might as well benefit. I mean, surrounded in a world filled with blind, ignorant, sheep I am starting to care less and less about others. [/quote]

If it was legal to do so, would you sell heroin to kids? I mean, if dumb ass people are gonna buy it anyways, you might as well benefit.[/quote]

i could sell alcohol to 21yos who can then go out drunk driving, pass out, get in fights and get arrested, black out and be sexually assulted, ect ect.

i have sold guns to people who could then go out and commit mass shootings.

come on man.

People who would actually buy that thing aren’t really gym rats most likely, so you are talking about people who are lazy as it is. So you are talking about using the device versus doing absolutely nothing, yes the device is better than nothing. A real gym rat would know better than to think this thing is the Holy Grail for ab development.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
I’d endorse if for whatever they paid me $5 or $5,000. If dumb ass people are gonna buy it anyways I might as well benefit. I mean, surrounded in a world filled with blind, ignorant, sheep I am starting to care less and less about others. [/quote]

If it was legal to do so, would you sell heroin to kids? I mean, if dumb ass people are gonna buy it anyways, you might as well benefit.[/quote]

If they don’t buy the pos I’m selling then they will buy the next one. Either way they are getting another piece of furniture.

I sell ab boards and ab crunch machines to people where I work. I try and tell them it would be much more beneficial to concentrate on diet instead of try to crunch yourself to a six pack. They don’t want to hear it. They say oh, ok and go buy it somewhere else. Now, when I realize the customer is going to buy a certain product no matter what I sell it to them.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

i could sell alcohol to 21yos who can then go out drunk driving, pass out, get in fights and get arrested, black out and be sexually assulted, ect ect.

i have sold guns to people who could then go out and commit mass shootings.

come on man.

[/quote]

Bad analogy. Would you sell the guns if you knew people were going to commit mass murder with them? No. If you sell heroin, the overt implication is that the people are going to inject it or smoke it themselves (which is inherently dangerous), not use it in some science experiment or something that is ultimately designed to teach about the negative effects of using it. If you knew that someone you were selling alcohol to fully intended to go out and drive around all day in front of a grammar school in the middle of a blackout, would you sell it to them? Probably not. Would you sell some piece of shit Taurus and tell people it was a great gun, especially if you didn’t need the money you’d get for selling it? Would you sell some Miller’s High Life and tell people that it was the best beer on the market?

That’s the problem I have with most people, famous athletes specifically, who endorse bullshit products. They are cheapening themselves and/or the athletic accomplishments that made them appealing to different companies as a spokesperson for some money that they don’t need.

I also think it shows a lack of integrity to say that you’ll endorse anything for money, especially by justifying it by saying that they’ll get it anyways, so why not from you? Like I said, if a mass murderer wanted a gun, would you say “well, he’s going to get it from someone, might as well be me”? No. If a kid said that he wanted a big knife to plunge into his jugular, would you say “well, he’ll get it somewhere, may as well be me who gets the money for it”? No.

So why wouldn’t you apply this mentality to other products? If some guy with a bad back comes into your store and wants to buy an ab-roller, are you going to sell it to him and disregard the negative effect that repeated lumbar flexion will have on his back, simply because he’s going to get it somewhere and it may as well be from you? I’d hope not. If you were a famous athlete and Kia wanted you to sell their cars, would let them use your image even if you knew that they were far inferior to virtually all other cars in their class?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
So why wouldn’t you apply this mentality to other products? If some guy with a bad back comes into your store and wants to buy an ab-roller, are you going to sell it to him and disregard the negative effect that repeated lumbar flexion will have on his back, simply because he’s going to get it somewhere and it may as well be from you? I’d hope not. If you were a famous athlete and Kia wanted you to sell their cars, would let them use your image even if you knew that they were far inferior to virtually all other cars in their class?[/quote]

They are many variables that are not being applied here. If the guy with the bad back comes in to my store I will feel him out and see how intelligent he is. If he is smart and will listen to what I have to say I would tell him the truth. If he decides to buy then great. If he is dumb and is going to buy something no matter what I say or do, then I sell him something b/c he is gonna do it anyways.

I agree with the famous basically watering down their brand for more money. Ultimately, more money in their pocket is more important to them than what you or I think of them. I don’t blame them.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
So why wouldn’t you apply this mentality to other products? If some guy with a bad back comes into your store and wants to buy an ab-roller, are you going to sell it to him and disregard the negative effect that repeated lumbar flexion will have on his back, simply because he’s going to get it somewhere and it may as well be from you? I’d hope not. If you were a famous athlete and Kia wanted you to sell their cars, would let them use your image even if you knew that they were far inferior to virtually all other cars in their class?[/quote]

They are many variables that are not being applied here. If the guy with the bad back comes in to my store I will feel him out and see how intelligent he is. If he is smart and will listen to what I have to say I would tell him the truth. If he decides to buy then great. If he is dumb and is going to buy something no matter what I say or do, then I sell him something b/c he is gonna do it anyways.

I agree with the famous basically watering down their brand for more money. Ultimately, more money in their pocket is more important to them than what you or I think of them. I don’t blame them. [/quote]

Look, I understand if you have to do what you have to do to make a living. I’d respect what you and people like you do a lot more if you simply told the guy the truth about the product. Tell him that it isn’t an effective way to burn fat, it isn’t an effective way to improve the asthetic appeal of one’s abs and it IS very detrimental to lower back health. Then tell him that if he wants to buy it despite knowing all of this, then you will be happy to sell it to him, but he is making a mistake.

But when it comes to most people who endorse products, especially athletes, they invariably do not need the endorsement money. Is it more money in their pocket? Sure. Do I blame them? Of course I do. What would you call it when a person stoops so low as to attach their name and image to an inferior product that they pass off as a superior one, all in the name of making money that they don’t need? It’s greed and a lack of integrity.

When it comes down to choosing between integrity and money, I’ll take integrity every time. Money is much too easy to come by to sacrifice integrity for it.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

What makes you think you are not any of those things?

so who actually reads DBCooper’s posts? No offense to you man, but god damn, I have enough reading to do for school.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
so who actually reads DBCooper’s posts? No offense to you man, but god damn, I have enough reading to do for school.[/quote]

Lol. I’ve never been accused of being succinct.

I won’t want to endorse any product. Because then you have to use it… or at least, can’t be seen in public not using it/using an opponent’s product.

Look at Kardashian ordering In-N-Out burger when she endorses Carl’s Jr salads.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
I won’t want to endorse any product. Because then you have to use it… or at least, can’t be seen in public not using it/using an opponent’s product.

Look at Kardashian ordering In-N-Out burger when she endorses Carl’s Jr salads.[/quote]

I’m not 100% sure about that. I mean that subway cat Jared. He is free to eat other crap. There is no way he is living off of subway?

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Look at Kardashian ordering In-N-Out burger when she endorses Carl’s Jr salads.[/quote]

I’m not 100% sure about that. I mean that subway cat Jared. He is free to eat other crap. There is no way he is living off of subway?[/quote]

You’re right. Ne’s not. But don’t tell fucking Subway that.

^^ Ah, Iron Dwarf, one of the kindest, most gentle-hearted people I’ve ever known.

But he’s Hell on Subway!!!

[quote]Nards wrote:
^^ Ah, Iron Dwarf, one of the kindest, most gentle-hearted people I’ve ever known.

But he’s Hell on Subway!!![/quote]

LOL!

I’m just anti-low-protein diet.

:wink:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

I’m not 100% sure about that. I mean that subway cat Jared. He is free to eat other crap. There is no way he is living off of subway?[/quote]

Oh yeah, I’m sure that he either cooks every night or eats Subway. Hmm-mm.

Yeah, part of Jared’s contract was that he be injected with a toxin that’s only antidote is bland sandwiches.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

What makes you think you are not any of those things? [/quote]

Well, I try to think ahead
I treat people with respect
I donate money and time
I strive to learn something new everyday
and
the more I know, I realize how much I don’t know

I wouldn’t do it on general principle. I might lose money, but at least I’ll have my fucking integrity.

Try buying that with a royalty check.