Would You Eat Halal?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Also, what if you’re Sikh?

It’s explicitly against your religion to eat Halal meat. You would be eating Halal meat unknowningly.[/quote]

True that, and Hindu

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
What difference does it make?

Would you eat kosher food?[/quote]

Huge difference between halal slaughter and kosher slaughter. Additionally, kosher slaughter is not being forced upon you. You have probably never eaten kosher meat in your life but half the meat you eat is halal.[/quote]

No, it’s the same.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

It’s explicitly against your religion to eat Halal meat. You would be eating Halal meat unknowningly.[/quote]

What!!?

We are supposed to cater to religious minorities!

Excuse me, will I get some frothing going…

[quote]therajraj wrote:
According to this video, they are being sacrificed to Allah. The animal must also face Mecca

[/quote]

Once again there is no Association or agency e.i. FDA that regulates what or “certifies” Halal
I honesty believe the animals are butchered without any sense of direction (facing the kabba/ mecca) but then again this is pertaining to what I have personally seen (in the states)

[quote]therajraj wrote:

If it’s not marked its not halal.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
i’m more worried about catholically transported meat. There is no sticker for this one, and God only know how many truckers have a st christopher medal in their vehicle. [/quote]

Ritual cannibalism during mass, just saying. [/quote]

Well look at the barbarians who adopted Catholicism.

They had to invent a religion that satisfied their bloodthirst and at the same time keep the peasants docile.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
What difference does it make?

Would you eat kosher food?[/quote]

Huge difference between halal slaughter and kosher slaughter. Additionally, kosher slaughter is not being forced upon you. You have probably never eaten kosher meat in your life but half the meat you eat is halal.[/quote]

No, it’s the same.[/quote]

Almost the same, depends on who you talk to about this, some people will say that the prophet ate among the Jews, and there for kosher is “technically” Halal
Depends on WHO you talk to
All I know is Halal is suppose to be a humane way of butchering animals
Before I get stoned here for what humane is,
Halal is NOT swine or anything pertaining to swine, blood, carrion, or any other animal killed by a beast, any animal already having been feasted on by a beast, and a non herbivore
Disclaimer: this is just a humane way that it was intended

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

What!!?

Excuse me, will I get some frothing going…[/quote]

That’s not catering to them in the least, just not lying to them.

To label a food product as one thing and server another is disingenuous.

[quote]orion wrote:

What!!?

Excuse me, will I get some frothing going…[/quote]

No you don’t cater to anybody
You respect others and their beliefs

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
According to this video, they are being sacrificed to Allah. The animal must also face Mecca

[/quote]

Once again there is no Association or agency e.i. FDA that regulates what or “certifies” Halal
I honesty believe the animals are butchered without any sense of direction (facing the kabba/ mecca) but then again this is pertaining to what I have personally seen (in the states)[/quote]

Sure, but it’s fair to say a portion of the meat out in the market follows strict guidelines of being sacrificed to Allah etc.

Therefore, some of the unmarked Halal meat sold is sacrificed to allah

[quote]therajraj wrote:

If it’s not marked its not halal.[/quote]

If it is marked, it still may NOT be Halal “enough” for someone

Just because its not marked doesnt mean that it wasn’t butchered “Halal” style

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Well, now that you know most lamb and chicken in your grocery store is Halal, I would guess that would count as knowing even if not explicitly marked.

The religion part aside, if you’re an advocate for Humane slaughter, you are unknowingly supporting Halal slaughter.

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

If it is marked, it still may NOT be Halal “enough” for someone

Just because its not marked doesnt mean that it wasn’t butchered “Halal” style[/quote]

Which is not the OP’s complaint.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The religion part aside, if you’re an advocate for Humane slaughter, you are unknowingly supporting Halal slaughter.[/quote]

With or without all the ritual involved?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I honesty believe the animals are butchered without any sense of direction (facing the kabba/ mecca) but then again this is pertaining to what I have personally seen (in the states)[/quote]

Sure, but it’s fair to say a portion of the meat out in the market follows strict guidelines of being sacrificed to Allah etc.

Therefore, some of the unmarked Halal meat sold is sacrificed to allah[/quote]

If is it sacrificed to god as you say then why are human’s eating it?

Won’t god be angry?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

If is it sacrificed to god as you say then why are human’s eating it?

Won’t god be angry?[/quote]

No, it’s part of the ritual.

My parents are Hindus and part of religious prayer is offering food to god then consuming it. It’s called Prasad.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The religion part aside, if you’re an advocate for Humane slaughter, you are unknowingly supporting Halal slaughter.[/quote]

With or without all the ritual involved?[/quote]

With. Part of the ritual is slicing the animals throat while it’s completely conscious.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

My post above ^
I know
And I agree
But it depends what your definition of Halal is
e.i.
Animal facing mecca
Animal carotid artery cut/ slit
Prayer/ verse said at time of cut
Blood drained from animal
Animal hanging upside down
Animal standing on all fours, two legs
Animal sitting/ kneeling
Animal treated humanely up to point of cut
Animal is in good health
Animal is not breastfeeding a calf/ cub/ youngn
Animal has ample supply of food and water prior to cut
Etc
Depends on your definition of Halal

[quote]therajraj wrote:

With or without all the ritual involved?[/quote]

From what I know the ritual is “part” of the Religion
Disclaimer according to some people
I know some people that will starve then eat non halal
And I know some people that will eat even though it isn’t “certified” halal

[quote]therajraj wrote:

With. Part of the ritual is slicing the animals throat while it’s completely conscious.[/quote]

The “ritual” is taken to extremes in MY view
Off topic but I personally know people that will look at someone and say she is not a “true” follower because she is not wearing a hijab and is wearing tight jeans
Yet it is okay for this person himself to be “getting it in” before marriage while he is engaged

I have nothing against anyone of them
They’re both people I know and I consider well hearted people

[quote]young n wrote:

Almost the same, depends on who you talk to about this, some people will say that the prophet ate among the Jews, and there for kosher is “technically” Halal
Depends on WHO you talk to

[/quote]

I was talking about halal slaughter in practice not in theory. Regardless, I’m against bans on either/both.

‘Let not him that eats despise him that eats not, and let not him which eats not judge him that eats: for God has received him. Who are you that judge another man’s servant? to his own master he stands or falls.’ - Romans 14:3-4

The problem is halal products being forced onto the general market and unlabelled halal products.

Actually it is when done properly.

[quote]
Halal is NOT swine or anything pertaining to swine, blood, carrion, or any other animal killed by a beast, any animal already having been feasted on by a beast, and a non herbivore
Disclaimer: this is just a humane way that it was intended[/quote]

True. But I’m a Christian so I eat any meat that is not from an animal that is still alive and I “abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled…”

I would like to have a choice whether or not I eat halal products.