Would TRT Be a Good Idea for Me?

I’m a 28 year old guy, and I’m wondering whether TRT would be a good idea.

For a while now I’ve been experiencing a number of health problems, and I’ve been trying to do all that I can to get back to good health. I lift weights 3-4x per week and I do HIIT twice a week. I have a good diet, making sure to eat plenty of fruit, veg, good fats, avoid processed food, sugar, acohol etc. I try to sleep as well as I can, although sometimes I really struggle with this. I gained a little bit of fat, and I’ve managed to get down to around 15% bodyfat over the last 6 months.

As for health problems, for years I’ve suffered bouts of depression, something I’ve just kind of learned to deal with. My blood pressure has risen. I notice more recently that my heart rate, while usually around 60BPM, randomly increases to 100+ often for no reason. Simple things like walking up stairs also sends my heart racing where before that wouldn’t happen. It seems like that gets worse and worse despite all of the above. I also noticed a few months ago that my testicles have atrophied, which I got checked out and apparently this is because I have varicocele. My sex drive seems to come on strong and then becomes almost non-existent. Then yesterday I was told to get tested for hypercholesterolemia because apparently everybody else on my father’s side has this.

I’m guessing that all of these health issues are linked. I know that many of these issues can also be linked with low testosterone, something which I’ve never been tested for but I suspect may be the cause. I’ve had issues with depression, ED, libido for a long time on and off, and I don’t grow much facial hair. That’s why I suspect that these issues might have a lot to do with that.

I’m wondering then what the solution might be and whether it might be a good idea for me to push for TRT? Or would that be a dumb idea? Has anybody else had these kinds of issues?

I experienced elevated heart rates when doing simple things such as going from the livingroom to the bathroom at the time of my low T diagnosis, as a matter of fact since stopping TRT I’m seeing a return to elevated heart rates that blood pressure medicine is unable to control completely.

You need to start out by getting a hormone panel done, but if you are thinking about using your insurance and expect your doctor to be up to speed on diagnosing and testing for the correct biomarkers, you might be disappointed. I went through three endo’s are none of them are testing enough biomarkers which I’ve had to test on my own.

Hormone levels you will need are listed below.

• Total T
  • Free T
  • SHBG
  • Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
  • LH-Luteinizing Hormone
  • FSH-Follicle stimulating hormone
  • Prolactin
  • Cortisol
  • Ferritin
  • Thyroid Panel
  • CBC-complete blood count
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel