Would this be a Proper Diet?

Sorry guy I was just wondering if some of you could help out. Im coming home for the summer and I’m trying to start boxing back up. The only problem is I have gained some weight since I last boxed not a lot I’m just at 175 now I used to be at 155-160. I want to lose the fat or at they very least convert it into muscle, so I’ve been looking into some diets, mainly low carb/high protein ones.

Let me know if this sounds ok I was thinking about eating two meals a day. More than likely it would be lunch and dinner. Then for the rest of my meals just drink protein shakes this would be for breakfast, after I lift, and before bedtime. Does this sound like it would work or is smart?

Thanks.

you cant convert fat into muscle,they are two completely different tissues.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
you cant convert fat into muscle,they are two completely different tissues.[/quote]

x2 on this.

You can build muscle and lose fat simultaneously, but conversion just doesn’t happen.

Your plan sounds somewhat reasonable. I would suggest making a few tweaks though. Here’s what I’d do in your situation:

-Just skip breakfast. This should help with fat loss.

-Eat a solid food lunch a couple hours preworkout.

-40 minutes preworkout, have a protein shake along with about 50g of carbs and 15-25g of fats. You can use a couple of candy bars for this, or if you can afford them then something like Biotest’s FINiBARs would be good too. This should help with muscle retention.

-Have another protein shake about a half hour after your workout

-An hour or so after that shake, eat a good solid food dinner.

Just in general:

-Make sure you get enough protein, but don’t go too crazy. At your BW 175-200g would probably be enough.

-Eat moderate fats. 80-100g or so would be a good start, but you can drop these as you go to reduce calories and keep fat loss coming. Don’t do too much too quick- if your fat loss stalls, make sure you’re training frequently/intensely enough before you get crazy and drop a ton of cals.

Again, this is just what I’d do in your situation. There’s obviously more than one way to skin a cat, but I think this is probably the most effective way to adjust the plan you gave.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
you cant convert fat into muscle,they are two completely different tissues.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t literally mean convert fat into muscle just like to be at 165 or 170 with low body fat percentage. My bad poor wording.