Would the World Be Better Off?

If these rules were followed?

“1.Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2.Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3.When in another’s lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
4.If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5.Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6.Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8.Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9.Do not harm little children.
10.Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11.When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they donâ??t stop, destroy them.”

What do you gents think?

I know what that is.

rule 1 : would make conversation and education quite impractical.

rule 2 : useless : people in troubles rarely follow the rules because, well, they are in troubles.

rule 3 and 4 : quite limited in scope. Most people doesn’t have a “lair”. And dragons have their own rules anyways.

rule 5 : self contradictory. What is “the mating signal” if not a “sexual advance” ? How can you send it if
you have to wait for it ? How can you wait for it if others are not allowed to make “sexual advance” ?

rule 6 : meaningless without a definition of property. which is nowhere to be found here.

rule 7 : cool. If you are a wiccan girl, that is.

rule 8 : stupîd : implies that it’s ok to complain about something you need to subject yourself to. It’s not ok : necessity makes law, complaining about it is a waste of time. Also : redundant with rule 2.

rule 9 : unclear : can i harm big children ?

rule 10 : doesn’t fit very well with rule 7. Wiccan girls are often vegans. You should at least discourage eating meat if you want to attract more of them in your satanic circle.

rule 11 : should be rephrased : “when walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bother you, see rule 4.” Also rules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 are basically useless since they are nothing more than variants or special cases of rule 11’s imperative : “bother no one”.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< What do you gents think?[/quote]I think you should come to church with me.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

2.Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
6.Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
11.When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they donÃ?¢??t stop, destroy them.”

What do you gents think?
[/quote]
Your threads are the best, dude.

Satan rulz!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Big N-O here.

I want to know the mating signal ffs! Go satan lol

I think it is safe to throw out number 7. But the other rulz seem pretty common sense.

Trib, do they have those rulz at your church?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< Trib, do they have those rulz at your church?[/quote]My church believes the bible alone and in it’s entirety is the written Word of the one true and living God. What a glorious time of praise and worship that would be. You on one side and Push on the other. I used to own LaVey’s bible BTW. While I was a Christian.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I think it is safe to throw out number 7. But the other rulz seem pretty common sense.
[/quote]

These “commandments” require loose interpretation.

I think our rules for society today are far superior to your rules, HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

11.When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they donâ??t stop, destroy them.”

What do you gents think?
[/quote]

You’ve been readind the works of Anton Lavey,The Satanic Bible.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I think our rules for society today are far superior to your rules, HH[/quote]

Trouble is that those rules you guys embrace aren’t possible to follow, for very long. Eventually, your desire for happiness overcomes what you’ve been taught, that unselfishness is good.

Then, since you equate unselfishness with morality, you regard your desire for happiness as a source of guilt and self-derision.

This is when priests and government leaders ‘cash in’ on your guilt, assume power over you to tax you and turn you into a mindless robot, taking moral dictums from power mad priests and politicians. You become meek and humble slaves.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

What do you gents think?
[/quote]

I think you violated a few of your rules.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

11.When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they donÃ?¢??t stop, destroy them.”

What do you gents think?
[/quote]

I think you violated a few of your rules.[/quote]

I did? Which ones? As a devout christian, you are morally obligated to help me understand.
Unselfishness and a life of service are the two moral touchstones for christians.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< Then, since you equate unselfishness with morality, you regard your desire for happiness as a source of guilt and self-derision. >>>[/quote]Not me. Either part.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< You become meek and humble slaves.[/quote]Romans 6:16-23[quote]16-Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17-But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18-and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

19-I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

20-For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21-Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. 22-But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. 23-For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. [/quote]I can show you how to be free.

As far as rule 7 goes, do cantrips count too or do I have to be at least a level 1 wizard?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< Then, since you equate unselfishness with morality, you regard your desire for happiness as a source of guilt and self-derision. >>>[/quote]Not me. Either part.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< You become meek and humble slaves.[/quote]Romans 6:16-23[quote]16-Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17-But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18-and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

19-I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

20-For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21-Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. 22-But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. 23-For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. [/quote]I can show you how to be free.

[/quote]

So in all that, you’re either a ‘slave’ to sin or a ‘slave’ to God. But your version has slavery to God as freedom. So…slavery = freedom.

Isn’t that akin to ‘War is Peace’, ‘Ignorance is Strength’, from one of my favorite books? :slight_smile:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< So in all that, you’re either a ‘slave’ to sin or a ‘slave’ to God. >>> [/quote]Absolutely true. The longer I walk with the Lord, the more absolutely I see how true it actually is. These forums are a tremendous faith builder for me. I see the slave market of sin every day in full living color. It puts me on my face in adoring gratitude to my master for redeeming me from it and it builds in me a cry and a yearning to see others, guys like you, bought out of it as well. I love my master. He has been eternally better to me than I could ever be to myself. There is NOTHING I am and NOTHING I have that I would deny Him. Your master is a liar. The very father of lies and has been since the 3rd chapter of Genesis. Only my master can free you from yours. In fact, only my master can enable you to even see yours. You see. My master is your master’s master as well.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< But your version has slavery to God as freedom. So…slavery = freedom. >>> [/quote]You better believe it. Literally.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< Isn’t that akin to ‘War is Peace’, ‘Ignorance is Strength’, from one of my favorite books? :)[/quote]No. It is NOT akin to any other actual or possible human proposition or experience. I’m really not kidding, nor am I simply needling you, when I tell you you really don’t know a thing about Christianity dude.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< So in all that, you’re either a ‘slave’ to sin or a ‘slave’ to God. >>> [/quote]Absolutely true. The longer I walk with the Lord, the more absolutely I see how true it actually is. These forums are a tremendous faith builder for me. I see the slave market of sin every day in full living color. It puts me on my face in adoring gratitude to my master for redeeming me from it and it builds in me a cry and a yearning to see others, guys like you, bought out of it as well. I love my master. He has been eternally better to me than I could ever be to myself. There is NOTHING I am and NOTHING I have that I would deny Him. Your master is a liar. The very father of lies and has been since the 3rd chapter of Genesis. Only my master can free you from yours. In fact, only my master can enable you to even see yours. You see. My master is your master’s master as well.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< But your version has slavery to God as freedom. So…slavery = freedom. >>> [/quote]You better believe it. Literally.[quote]Headhunter wrote:<<< Isn’t that akin to ‘War is Peace’, ‘Ignorance is Strength’, from one of my favorite books? :)[/quote]No. It is NOT akin to any other actual or possible human proposition or experience. I’m really not kidding, nor am I simply needling you, when I tell you you really don’t know a thing about Christianity dude.
[/quote]

So, slavery is freedom provided that one is a slave to God?

Now its probably safe to say that a slave must do what his master dictates. Thus God wants us to be robots. Yet somehow god created us with the ability to think. Thus the fate of human beings is to have a mind but to renounce your mind, the mind that god gave each of us…?

As an aside, if these words all have the same (and hence, no) meaning, then how is language even possible?

Is it time for the Bert Stare gif?