Would Rambo or Batman do Squats?

Rambo: He’s a soldier. An Elite Spec Ops/Black Ops soldier. He’s spent years running, walking with at least 200lbs of gear on his back, bodyweight/calisthenics training(Body squats and lunges do a body good), he’s trained in multiple martial arts(which develops the entire body to break another human being), and his will to kill, win, and survive. He may not spend all day in the weight room, but he’s strong enough to kick your ass.

Batman: He does Olympic Lifts and Gymnastics. Nasty! Dude is strong, fast, and powerful. Oly lifters live on Front Squats and do Back Squats for fun. Basically, they Squat. They do both.

If the OP wants to squat, he needs to Squat three times a week. He’ll front squat twice a week and then back squat once a week. OR Back squat 2 times a week and Front Squat once a week.

If you want to front squat on the same day as deadlift, I suggest you squat first. I’d must rather be gassed when pulling a weight up then keeping a weight from pinning me to the ground.

To completely geek out . . .

Batman can snatch in the area of 600+ pounds. I imagine his squat is somewhere in that area.

[quote]Vash wrote:

Batman can snatch in the area of 600+ pounds. I imagine his squat is somewhere in that area.[/quote]

600bs my ass. I believe you, but for the writers to put that number is trifling.

And Batman does not use steroids. He got ahold of a steroid/emotional disinhibitor (which was, in the comic no less, made different than standard steroids), then swore off them.

He certainly supplements with TT and various other herbs. He’s also a billionare with access to the best food, supplements and recovery modalities.

He’s also been dipped in a Lazarus Pit, the Fountain of Youth, and Catwoman’s hoo-hah.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Vash wrote:

Batman can snatch in the area of 600+ pounds. I imagine his squat is somewhere in that area.

600bs my ass. I believe you, but for the writers to put that number is trifling.[/quote]

Seriously. I love Batman as the “scariest man on the planet,” but some writers, including my momentary fave Grant Morrison, have made him more Captain America than Iron Man, to cross companies.

I wish I had a subscription to Detective Comics. It seems like he was always portrayed more down-to-Earth in that title.

Hell, the last time I remember him making a mistake was The Long Halloween when he

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER**SPOILER

figure out Dent’s wife was one of the Holiday
killers.

Gilda Dent was one of the Holiday killers. I thought everyone with a penis would know that.

I bet Batman does a shitton of hindu squats.

To all those saying Batman can squat a horse: You kidding? The capped crusader doesn’t need squats.

Everybody should squat!

Squat so you dont get tooled by someone when trying to arrest them. How many times I had seen cops pushed around like ragdolls because they looked as soft as a Krispy Kreme.

Hulk squats more

Batman and Rambo? Sheesh.
The real question is… how old is the OP??

I’m betting 15 or 16.

Anyway, I recall seeing Batman doing curls in a movie called “Stay Hungry”.

lol

Think how badly a reputation would be ruined (for Batman, or Rambo, or a cop) to be sitting in a nice cushy armchair, and wind up pissing yourself because you didn’t have the strength to quickly get out of the chair when you had to go.

Squatting is important.

Here is the response you have been looking for.

[quote]CountChocula wrote:

Would someone in there line of work need to do squats?[/quote]

No. You do not NEED to do squats to “be a cop”. The Edmonton Police Service has the highest physical fitness standards in North America and even they are designed to eliminate only the bottom 60% of the population.

I shadowed their candidate selection process during a “Physiology of Emergency-Response Occupations” class back in uni. None of them looked like they did a squat in their life.

Some police departments (such as EPS) have different “levels” of fitness (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, for example) and you will need an excellent level of fitness to get into higher-status, higher-paying, and elite unit positions.

If you want to be a GREAT cop, no matter your rank or job position, you will train your body to be as strong, powerful, explosive, and agile as possible.

It all depends how great or mediocre you want to be.

Front squat, back squat, one-leg squat, bulgarian split-squat, overhead squat, and so on, and so forth.

I have a 4-year Bachelor of Physical Education in Sport Performance. Satisfied?

Good on you. I hope you turn out to be a GREAT cop rather than a passable one.

ElbowStrike

Ronnie Coleman.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Ronnie Coleman.[/quote]

I’m forcibly reminded of Matt Damon in Team America.

“Matt Daaaaaamon.”

Some police departments (such as EPS) have different “levels” of fitness (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, for example) and you will need an excellent level of fitness to get into higher-status, higher-paying, and elite unit positions.

So, would you be able to tell me what the highest fitness level requirments are?

Damn, son. Just squat.

I DO, started what? like weeks ago. I want to be a super cop damn, is that such a bad thing to want.