Would Rambo or Batman do Squats?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Batman and Rambo would just train their upper bodies to be big and strong and then do lots of cardio and general fitness and calisthenics. haha sorry to be the only one to give a truthful answer.[/quote]

come again?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Batman and Rambo would just train their upper bodies to be big and strong and then do lots of cardio and general fitness and calisthenics. haha sorry to be the only one to give a truthful answer.[/quote]

You are wrong. If they did that they wouldn’t last a second in the real world.

How would Batman jump across rooftops with weak legs?

I always imagined Batman as an olympic lifter with some powerlifting thrown in. Oh yeah, and tons of steroids.

i get flamed for asking a question, and then people put questions like this up and get no aggro.

Anyway this questions seems to me thats its been asked to justify why not to do squats in the posters mind for some abstract reason.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
mr popular wrote:
Batman and Rambo would just train their upper bodies to be big and strong and then do lots of cardio and general fitness and calisthenics. haha sorry to be the only one to give a truthful answer.

I always imagined Batman as an olympic lifter with some powerlifting thrown in. Oh yeah, and tons of steroids.[/quote]

I can’t believe I’m getting in on this thread…the comic book nerd in me is calling out…

Batman would train the o-lifts and major assistance work(front squats, overhead squats, high pulls), but only as an accessory to intense martial arts and gymnastics work. 7 days a week in the off season(does crime fighting have an off season?) to push neural efficiency to the max, I’m thinking two or more workouts a day.

That said, Batman is definitely taking the best ‘supplements’ money can buy, probably stuff that IFBB pros have never even heard of.

Rambo on the other hand is going truly primitive; pushups, weighted pushups, pullups with large boulders strapped to his waist, log clean and press, stone throwing, jungle hiking under full gear, mountain climbing under full gear etc.

No supps for John Rambo however, just lots of fresh game, and the fear in his enemies eyes.

[quote]atg410 wrote:
Alquemist wrote:
mr popular wrote:
Batman and Rambo would just train their upper bodies to be big and strong and then do lots of cardio and general fitness and calisthenics. haha sorry to be the only one to give a truthful answer.

I always imagined Batman as an olympic lifter with some powerlifting thrown in. Oh yeah, and tons of steroids.

I can’t believe I’m getting in on this thread…the comic book nerd in me is calling out…

Batman would train the o-lifts and major assistance work(front squats, overhead squats, high pulls), but only as an accessory to intense martial arts and gymnastics work. 7 days a week in the off season(does crime fighting have an off season?) to push neural efficiency to the max, I’m thinking two or more workouts a day.

That said, Batman is definitely taking the best ‘supplements’ money can buy, probably stuff that IFBB pros have never even heard of.

Rambo on the other hand is going truly primitive; pushups, weighted pushups, pullups with large boulders strapped to his waist, log clean and press, stone throwing, jungle hiking under full gear, mountain climbing under full gear etc.

No supps for John Rambo however, just lots of fresh game, and the fear in his enemies eyes.[/quote]

I’ve seen artwork that depicts Batman as an O lifter with gymnastics work, along with basic pullups and one arm pushups. That was probably the only time I’ve seen a reasonable attempt to show his training, by someone who might actually work out. Without saying his name, a certain famous artist depicted Batman benching with a mixed grip, which looks odd to say the least. I don’t think I’ve seen Batman squat however.

this thread is ghey.

[quote]skw wrote:
this thread is ghey.[/quote]

sure skeet face.

if thats your career goal, I would do lots of heavy back squats. the goal should be to try to be a strong motherfucker. that will help you more then anything else.

i see them both more as hesvy pullers

wouldn’t a front squat be better?

why?

Humans should do squats. Back Squats, Front Squats, any and all squats. All the time. Every day - in some manner.

This is really not a good question, you need to be more specific.

A better question to ask is - what kind of strength/endurance is most beneficial for a cop?

Maybe you should ask a real cop what kind of physical demands are required for their line of work.

I believe they need to pass a physical preparedness test to even qualify as a cop, you may want to figure out what’s involved in that.

Well I did simple google search and this popped up:

You now have a clearer idea for what goals you are trying to attain.

The real question is what kind of lifting program does Frankenberry use. He is a beast.

Rambo has never done a squat in his life. Check out all the movies, he’s got hardcore chicken legs.

The better question is how would Chuck Norris squat?

The answer is he doesn’t squat. He just looks at his legs and says “Grow”.

Sorry to be an ass but this is where this thread was going.

In all seriousness, my friend is a cop and a big guy. He squats, deads, LISS and sprints for pursuit speed. He also trains in an MMA gym for grappling and takedowns.

[quote]CountChocula wrote:
Since im planning to be a cop when im older.[/quote]

Not to put every cop down, but I bet this right hand of the law can squat a ton…

Oh wait I’m joking… Just squat your ass off, and you’ll be fine.

If I were a cop I’d want to be as big as humanly possible. Squatting is one of the two best mass builders (with deads), so yes, you should do them.

I have read the books and comic books that have bits about batmans training and he has a pretty intense work out which includes high rep squats, and other lifting movements and a shit load of gymnastic like movements and martial art kind of stuff. He also is most likely using some sort of steroid to recover fast enough.
Rambo would do push ups sit ups and running.

[quote]puckhead08 wrote:
The better question is how would Chuck Norris squat?

The answer is he doesn’t squat. He just looks at his legs and says “Grow”.
[/quote]

No, he leg presses the earth.