Would Estrogen Make You Quit?

Man… not to rain on your parade, but you’ve come in here bitching that your problem is that you’re a T-Man who’s getting his ass whipped by petty, catty behaviour from an office clique that’s acting like a bunch of high school girls?

Stand your fucking ground!

You don’t have to be a dick about it, man, but you don’t have to take that shit, either. I know it can weigh a guy down being surrounded by that nonsense, and you’re proof positive that it slowly poisons. Really, think back; from a rational standpoint, would you normally say that you tolerate such behaviour? No! Of course not. None of us would. But it can creep in there.

Get your head in order. Refocus. Use Vroom’s suggestion… but don’t stop there. Log everything. Don’t allow them to play games of duplicity with you. Blunt honesty, politely stated, is your best friend here.

And don’t be a yes-man to the management, either. Raise valid concerns in a constructive manner, enter into meaningful dialogue with them. Show an active and dedicated interest in your job, but make sure to present alternatives when you have ideas instead of just going along with what’s said and done.

More to the point; KNOW YOUR ROLE. Know your value. Are you the most productive figure in the office? Walk like it. It makes you vulnerable to catty, petty behaviour. It also makes you a company asset. Find the balance in that, since they’ll try and turn it against you. If you’re too arrogant about it, they win. If you’re not confident enough, they win. If you’re balanced, you’re untouchable.

Lastly, if you think there’s a toxic atmosphere building because of employee behaviour, bring it up. To your manager, to your fellow workers… wherever you think it’ll be most effective. Make sure it’s phrased as a concern, not an attack.

Do what women do. Spread rumors. But not just randomly, spread rumors about their friends. Women usually only can trust 1-2 other women and even those she talks behind her back about. So start saying stuff about them and sooner or later none of them will be friends with each other, problem solved.

The Invulnerability Log has begun. As in aikido, I will use the negative force against itself, in the nice-them-to-death way … not getting their way seems to increase their desire to do more to get the fabled reaction they are after. Let them be the victims of their own style. PEACE.

I wonder if some of these folks have ever had office jobs?

A job is about being productive in the environment you are in. If thirty women are all bitching to their bosses that you are an asshole and disrupting the office, you are disrupting the office, end of story.

You can be strong, be a man, without pissing everyone off or treating everyone like shit. The two are not synonymous.

After all, in the end it should be a team environment.

I worked at a bank processing center for five years while I was going to the UW…

the ratio of men to women was about 1/15…

back then I might have been the most arrogant condecending grumpy prick on the planet…man I thought those women were some of the dumbest humans in existance…and that vibe oozed through every pore on my body…you’d think that having at shit attitude like that would have caused major conflicts, but it didn’t…every one of the women I worked with were nice as hell to me (at least to my face)…after a while they were telling me all kinds of raunchy sex jokes and flirting with me incessantly…

I remember one time my boss told me of a conversation he had with one of them…girl ask my boss “why does Dave always look so mad all the time?”…boss says to her “he has a terrible temper, just don’t make him mad. I’d hate to see any of you wind up in the ER and him being arrested”…

anyways…we all got along great…I loved that job…

[quote]ill wrote:
Do what women do. Spread rumors. But not just randomly, spread rumors about their friends. Women usually only can trust 1-2 other women and even those she talks behind her back about. So start saying stuff about them and sooner or later none of them will be friends with each other, problem solved.[/quote]

Dude, you have no clue.

I generally let them go on and laugh with/at them. I don’t feel offended. I do however tell them when I think they are wrong or out of bounds calmly.

Let it go and just know that they are shallow and hopfully you are not.

[quote]DPH wrote:

back then I might have been the most arrogant condecending grumpy prick on the planet…[/quote]

You were not then…but you are now… we all know this!!

:slight_smile:

[quote]MrChill wrote:
[/quote]

You could go get a PhD in aerospace engineering/physics/applied mathematics and come work in my research lab for the government…we have a lab of about 25 people…only females in the place are the 2 secretaries.

[quote]NorskGoddess wrote:
boomerlu wrote:

1. Fuck all of them…one by one.

The problem isn’t so much the victim stance, but the fact that they realize they have the majority voice and outnumber you. It’s the fact that they know they have you by the balls and you can’t do too much about it. Doing any of the above kind of reverses the situation. Now you’re in control, and they have to suck up to you.

On a related note, most of the women here are in what are considered to be the “easier” majors, and this fact is not lost upon anyone, even them. They realize this and therefore you get no academic fembitch-isms. They freely admit (individually at least) that they are not as smart. That is not to say there are not exceptional women who go on to major in physics (considered one of the hardest majors in the school, which the school itself is considered to be one of the hardest in the nation), but everybody freely admits their weaknesses.

Supposing that you are in fact superior in some way, simply making them realize this should do a lot to silence any criticism.

I’m sorry, but does any one else have problems with this post? I had to walk away, think about it, and come back before posting to make sure I didn’t overreact – or perhaps I read your intent wrong.

But seriously… the guy is obviously in a workplace with a bunch of bitchy, catty women who are cliquing to enhance their feelings of superiority. Not only that, but these women feel that in bonding together AGAINST men, they’re somehow creating better relationships with each other. Stupid, yes, but it happens all the time.

But to honestly sit there and offer this guy the solution that he needs to “be better than them” and “fuck all of them”??? Give me a break.

Of course! We ALL know that having sex with an already bitchy and cynical woman that you work with – and all her coworkers – makes her SOOO much easier to deal with at work.

Doesn’t that create the OPPOSITE reaction? I would think that if he “fucked all of them”… they would probably feel fucked over and resent him more. Just a thought.

And that part about “smarter majors”? It’s obvious that you’re caught up in the ego of your academic life – at whatever school you go to – and you’re so self absorbed that you look down on other “majors” as if the professional world is an easy categorization of stupid vs. smart majors. It boggles my mind that you would actually make the jump from “works with all women” to “stupid majors”. What the hell does a major in college have to do with your mental aptitude in your professional life?

If you go your whole life “fucking” the women that have problems with you and assuming that people in “stupid majors” in college are stupid in general — perhaps you shouldn’t be giving advice on personal relations.

Rant over. … wow. Not too sure where that came from. [/quote]

Sorry, yeah, my post was realllly disjointed. I don’t know how I was trying to organize my ideas.

A few things though:

Easier does not mean stupider. Some majors for example require more intelligence but less work. I said easier not stupider. However, to fly in the face of political correctness, I will say that women are fundamentally different than men, including in the way they perform intellectual tasks. This is neither good nor bad, it just simply means we are each suited for different types of tasks.

Also the women in my college are already at the very top of the intelligence ladder anyways, so this is not an issue.

I suppose the point I was trying to make is summed up by “everybody admits their weaknesses”.

You know what though, I really don’t know where I was going with the whole of all that that.
I think I might have been trying to argue by analogy from a reversed situation.

In the end I made a few points that were actually useful, and perhaps the thought process was just to convoluted.

As for the “fuck them all” comment…
You mentioned that they are bitchy and cynical…

My impression on the other hand is that it’s not so much the cynicism. They are disrespecting the abilities of a whole gender. Now of course if their attitude was that we are a bunch of assholes (which to some extent is true), then of course this would simply worsen the situation. However, from an abilities standpoint, you reduce them to dependence in some fashion (the fuck them all being a kind of joking extension of that), and anybody (male or female alike) simply stop being annoying.

Hope this clears stuff up.

Edit: this was in response to PJA and his lab

Just wondering, where do you happen to work? Sounds like where my future line of work is going to be.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
and from now on refer to them exclusively as bitches and hos[/quote]

Rotfl!!

[quote]boomerlu wrote:
Edit: this was in response to PJA and his lab

Just wondering, where do you happen to work? Sounds like where my future line of work is going to be.[/quote]

AFRL Wright-Patt