Worst Routine Ever?

heavy alternating DB presses(flat or incline) are nothing to look down upon. It is a legit lift and i suggest trying it before shitting on it, gotta go heavy though

yeah why knock on DB alternating press? that’s a pretty solid lift

[quote]TD54 wrote:
yeah why knock on DB alternating press? that’s a pretty solid lift[/quote]

Mainly because I nearly knocked myself out doing them. But that is my bad form I guess. I just felt horribly unbalanced doing them, and I am in no great hurry to go again.

I just know the PT is going to be asking me how I am getting on with the routine he designed. I lecture at the college he qualified at (in a different department, I hasten to add!), so we got talking and he will probably be keen to catch up on my progress. That is going to be awkward.

Ah well, can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs, as they say.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
heavy alternating DB presses(flat or incline) are nothing to look down upon. It is a legit lift and i suggest trying it before shitting on it, gotta go heavy though[/quote]

That’s like saying benching with your feet up is a legit exercise. Sure, it might work for you, but it looks ridiculous and there are much safer options. Why would you prescribe it to someone when you have no knowledge of their experience and you won’t be supervising them?

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
heavy alternating DB presses(flat or incline) are nothing to look down upon. It is a legit lift and i suggest trying it before shitting on it, gotta go heavy though

That’s like saying benching with your feet up is a legit exercise. Sure, it might work for you, but it looks ridiculous and there are much safer options. Why would you prescribe it to someone when you have no knowledge of their experience and you won’t be supervising them?[/quote]

No, but then again, would you do the same thing with power cleans? Or RDLS? Or Good Mornings? Or front squats? Or Overhead presses?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:

That’s like saying benching with your feet up is a legit exercise. Sure, it might work for you, but it looks ridiculous and there are much safer options. Why would you prescribe it to someone when you have no knowledge of their experience and you won’t be supervising them?

No, but then again, would you do the same thing with power cleans? Or RDLS? Or Good Mornings? Or front squats? Or Overhead presses? [/quote]

No, I wouldn’t.

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:

That’s like saying benching with your feet up is a legit exercise. Sure, it might work for you, but it looks ridiculous and there are much safer options. Why would you prescribe it to someone when you have no knowledge of their experience and you won’t be supervising them?[/quote]

I didn’t prescribe it to anyone. i basically said don’t knock it without trying it. There is also nothing unsafe about alternating DB presses. keep your abs tight and just keep solid focus on the eccentric and there are no balance issues. All i know is that i threw these in 2 months ago and my flat bench has increased by 20lbs. I am not saying this one lift will do it for everyone, but it works for me.

I liketo use the wooden balance board. Stand on it, rock back and forth. Do some squats, push ups on it. Usually at end of workout. I think the bosu gives you both lateral and horizontal stability work, but the wooden one is old school. So you know …

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:

No, but then again, would you do the same thing with power cleans? Or RDLS? Or Good Mornings? Or front squats? Or Overhead presses?

No, I wouldn’t.[/quote]

Those are all legitimate exercises, but they also need guidance.

Maybe that is why trainers need to give crappy routines: to prevent themselves from being sued.