Worst Music at the Gym

[quote]LittleJohn wrote:
You’d be surprised at the sound of some of the “positive” groups out there. I’d be surprised if you could tell the difference without reading the lyrics. Check out:

Demon Hunter
Project 86
Blindside
Disciple

LJ[/quote]

True, Demon Hunter kills. You wouldn’t even know it’s a Christian band.

[quote]xfrankx wrote:
hahaha damn music in gyms sucks, my workouts got much better when I purchased my ipod.1-nobody ask you stupid questions or want to have a conversation [/quote]

Maybe it’s because I’m the only one who doesn’t look like a lightbulb, or that has a GH gut with no legs, or that is usually putting up more weight every week, or works legs not on the smith machine, but I still get the dumb questions. For example: “why you got a monkey on your shirt that says alfa mail?” Or: “What’s that milk stuff in that powerade jug?” Or: “You bench 315 for reps?” (to which I must reply - no, no on the smith machine)

Metallica, a Mos Def track, and a few Massive Attack tracks make my RCA Lyra playlist.

I guess the only thing worse is when they play the same stuff over and over incessantly.

Back when I used to train at the University Of Toronto gym they kept playing the same songs and the worst song of all was “Bamboleo” by the Gypsy Kings… I cringe when I hear it now anywhere.

Got a CD player and it all went away LOL

[quote]etaco wrote:
My gym sounds suspiciously like a gay bar. [/quote]

I’m not even going to ask how you might know this. =)

I’m always torn between talking to my lifting partners, or cranking my mp3. I usually keep it on loud enough to drown out the crappy music, but not so loud that I can’t hear them.

Have any of you ever asked the “keepers of the music” to play a different mix? I’ve had a bit of luck if it is off-peak times and all the cardio soccer moms have gone home.

LJ

Criss Isaac “wicked game” wtf, i went home

mine has played yanni, or watever it was, was equally blow-ass

I was working out at a Gold’s Gym in D.C. and they were playing Barry Manalow. I ALWAYS wear my headphones with brutal death metal playing on volume 25. I guy asked me to spot him, so I grumbled at him and went over to his flat bench 75lb bar and stood back a bit to give him some room. After he racks the bar he tries to start a conversation by asking gosh how big are you, I said that I weigh about 270 or so, then he looks right at my groin area and says NO HOW BIG ARE YOU? Now thats just rude man!
LOVE SONGS SUCK!!

Video killed the radio star.

And any desire I had to do abs after the rest of my workout.

this is why I bought a Ipod shuffle

I feel bad for you suckers.

I play my own selection of music, I am usually the one that runs the sterio, most of the stuff is hard core stuff. I live in the hood not a lot of people hear listen to metal so it’s you got it Rap. I can’t say that I get in there I don’t have reason not to be bumped unless I’m just sick.

Playlist:
Don’t give a Fuck - Eastside Boys
Ruff Ryders Anthem - DMX
Go To Sleep - Eminem ft. DMX & Obie Trice
Knuck if you Buck - Crime Mob
I’ll Beat ya ass - Crime Mob
Gonna Give it to ya - DMX
Kill You - Eminem
Nail In the Coffin - Eminem
Never Scared - Bone Crusher
Wanksta - 50 Cent
Real Big - Mannie Fresh (to make ya think real big)
I’m Supposed to die tonight - 50 Cent
Neck of the woods - Baby ft. Lil Wayne
Chicken Head - Dj Screw
Move B*tch - Ludacris
Know What I’m Saying - Mike Jones
Here Comes Tecca Nina - Tech N9ne
Imma Tell - Tech N9ne
Gunz Will Bust - Tech N9ne
In Da Club - 50 Cent

i used to workout at the ymca and they would play 80’s hits through some satillite network…what better song to keep you pumped than “somewhere out there”

One day when I was at the gym, the radio station they play was having a contest to see how many times they could play “Barbie Girl” in a row. They ended playing it for over a half-hour. It was so ridiculous.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Metal 3- Motorhead, Megadeth, Metallica

I like you choices. Very wise.[/quote]

Except for Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is a pussy. My gym mix consists of a lot of Hatebreed, some Bury Your Dead and SOD, then I sneak in a little Godsmack towards the end when I’m winding down. Every now and then I’ll mix in some classic Agnostic Front or Warzone.

One day I forgot my CD player and the continuous gym loop had this song that I could not get out of my head for weeks. I did a little research and it was a Destiny’s Child song. Fuck. That was rough. Megadeath sucks, anything after And Justice for All metallica sucks, replace that “M” with Mudvayne.
Drop Kick Murphys is fun to listen to.

[quote]STR500 wrote:
I was working out at a Gold’s Gym in D.C. and they were playing Barry Manalow. I ALWAYS wear my headphones with brutal death metal playing on volume 25. I guy asked me to spot him, so I grumbled at him and went over to his flat bench 75lb bar and stood back a bit to give him some room. After he racks the bar he tries to start a conversation by asking gosh how big are you, I said that I weigh about 270 or so, then he looks right at my groin area and says NO HOW BIG ARE YOU? Now thats just rude man!
LOVE SONGS SUCK!![/quote]

Did he wink at you too?

Checking my workout partners deadlift form to ‘its raining men’ made us both very uncomfortable.

I was gearing up to do this:

5 rounds for time of:
10 135-pound power cleans
15 push-ups

And playing on the gym radio was THIS:

http://www.lyrics007.com/Faith%20Hill%20Lyrics/Breathe%20Lyrics.html

I got the gym attendant to shut off the muzak.

I just set up close to my max on squats (about 285), and was getting pumped up to push that weight… then “Lonely, I am so lonely…” came on.

Actually, it pissed me off so much, I got 3 reps easy.

Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice… blasting in my basement…

[quote]Tizzah wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Metal 3- Motorhead, Megadeth, Metallica

I like you choices. Very wise.

Except for Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is a pussy. My gym mix consists of a lot of Hatebreed, some Bury Your Dead and SOD, then I sneak in a little Godsmack towards the end when I’m winding down. Every now and then I’ll mix in some classic Agnostic Front or Warzone.[/quote]

MEGADETH is a fuckin awesome band. Slayer and children of bodom are also sweet bands.