T Nation

Worst Music at the Gym

Okay…so I’m doing CW’s TBT week 4, day 3…and they have the music on.

Now, normally I just focus out the music because I can’t understand it (Native English speaker in a foreign country)…but today I could not.

They were playing “I’m a big, big girl in a big big world…”

I found it hard…SO hard…to stay angry…it turned into disgust and eventually disbelief, actually…lol

HAHAHAH! Man, that’s as bad as the day my gym played Sky Rockets in flight, afternoon delight.

you have my sympathy.

ha ha
dude i hate it when you go in to gyms like 24 hour and they are playin like top 40 crap.
im hard core metal all the way when im lifting

[quote]SUPERMAN25 wrote:
ha ha
dude i hate it when you go in to gyms like 24 hour and they are playin like top 40 crap.
im hard core metal all the way when im lifting [/quote]

You should be hard core metal all the time.

i was at my university’s gym a while back, and they played the the theme from the “titanic” movie.

i shit you not.

I usualy have online radio turned on where i workout, on occasion i get some funky stuff. That barbie girl song almost made me throw out the computer…

I had something similar happening to me recently. I am not yet ready to talk about it in detail, the images are still too vivid. I guess the pain fades, but the scars will remain…

I don’t like to rip any kinds of music, but for me it’s fucking METAL 24/7.

[quote]iatguy wrote:
I don’t like to rip any kinds of music, but for me it’s fucking METAL 24/7.[/quote]

That’s what I’m talking bout

They played the Titanic theme song…Celine D…that’s just evil

I’m selective in music…certain rap artists and only 3 metal bands I would play.

Rap-DMX, GZA, WU-tang, Ice-T,

Metal 3- Motorhead, Megadeth, Metallica

Everything else would be Rocky themes and stuff I download from Kazaa.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Metal 3- Motorhead, Megadeth, Metallica

.[/quote]

I like you choices. Very wise.

Living in Thailand have it’s benefits but when the gym owners wifes favorite music is Thai love songs and that’s the only thing they play in the gym…

Every time I got there, didn’t make any difference if it was morning, mid day or evening. Always the same crap.

One afternoon, the gym was playing “positive” or religous rock. Jesus Christ!

You’d be surprised at the sound of some of the “positive” groups out there. I’d be surprised if you could tell the difference without reading the lyrics. Check out:

Demon Hunter
Project 86
Blindside
Disciple

That’s just a few that are in regular rotation on my mp3. The songs you’re probably referring to are the ones that get air time on the mainstream Christian stations, which mostly suck (imho).

I seem to notice the music in my gym (24hr fitness) more when I forgot to take Spike.

LJ

hahaha damn music in gyms sucks, my workouts got much better when I purchased my ipod.1-nobody ask you stupid questions or want to have a conversation 2-you don’t have to go through boring music for an hour. You stay focused and hit the weights harder.

[quote]Mr. Moose wrote:
Living in Thailand have it’s benefits but when the gym owners wifes favorite music is Thai love songs and that’s the only thing they play in the gym…

Every time I got there, didn’t make any difference if it was morning, mid day or evening. Always the same crap.
[/quote]

True that! I want to lift the weights, not seduce them. Another part of the reason that I’m building a home gym. My stuff. My mood music.

My gym has the worst music selection known to man to keep you pumped. They play ‘spanish reggaeton’, and with the occasional ‘barbie girl’ or ‘what is love’ it’s icing on the cake.

I’d get an MP3 player but then I’d be hard to communicate with my partner, besides the fact I’d rather buy a new phone. Mmm, Razor V3.

Gym Music Sucks.

My gym sounds suspiciously like a gay bar. Worse yet, whether it’s a cd on repeat or just a really repetive piped channel, the same songs repeat so much that I constantly have them stuck in my head. I would bring my ipod, but I have no doubt that regardless of precautions I would break it sooner or later. I have so little blood left in my head during a workout that even simple sentance formation is beyond me.

[quote]GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
My gym has the worst music selection known to man to keep you pumped. They play ‘spanish reggaeton’, and with the occasional ‘barbie girl’ or ‘what is love’ it’s icing on the cake.

I’d get an MP3 player but then I’d be hard to communicate with my partner, besides the fact I’d rather buy a new phone. Mmm, Razor V3.

Gym Music Sucks.[/quote]

Seriously though GaMeOvEr305 , what is love…baby don’t don’t hurt me…no more!

I think Prof X’s comment about the continuous loop of Alanis Morrisette “Isn’t it Ironic” is hilarious.

Of course maybe thats because I imagine him singing along to it between heavy sets of bench.