Worst Gym Performance You've Seen

I saw a trainer who had a very overweight client doing broomstick torso twists, ya know, to get that enormous belly to vanish. He then asked her if she could feel her fat turning into muscle.

A guy doing some crazy ritual before he would do some deadlifting. He would sit on the floor and pray. Then do a groin stretch. Then do some heavy breathing to get pysched up I guess. Then he did one rep. The whole time having his sunglasses on.

He has style, that’s different :stuck_out_tongue:

Was it big weight?

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
At my gym there is a woman trainer with a gunt. Why anyone would pay her for advice is beyond me, yet she seems to always be training people whenI’m there. Anyway gunt-woman has had women do squats with there heels on a board, the tampon on the bar, and perhaps the worst form I’ve ever seen(they lower their backs more than their hips almost making a squat into a good morning) I’ve also seen her have women do lunges across the gym slipping and sliding because they aren’t stabilizing themselves. It hurts me sometimes to even look, yet like a bad car accidnet I can’t turn away. The worst part of all of it is not only does she have repeat business but no matter how louzy their form is, she a) won’t correct them and b) actually encourages them “good job, and that’s great” can be heard as her double chin is flapping in the wind.

What is a gunt?

That’s when a woman’s gut sticks out more than her c*nt. Also known as a Foompa

Haha! My dad has a gunt!

[/quote]

For a guy it’s referred to as a “genis”.

And another name for the gunt is the “vagomach”.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
At my gym there is a woman trainer with a gunt. Why anyone would pay her for advice is beyond me, yet she seems to always be training people whenI’m there. Anyway gunt-woman has had women do squats with there heels on a board, the tampon on the bar, and perhaps the worst form I’ve ever seen(they lower their backs more than their hips almost making a squat into a good morning) I’ve also seen her have women do lunges across the gym slipping and sliding because they aren’t stabilizing themselves. It hurts me sometimes to even look, yet like a bad car accidnet I can’t turn away. The worst part of all of it is not only does she have repeat business but no matter how louzy their form is, she a) won’t correct them and b) actually encourages them “good job, and that’s great” can be heard as her double chin is flapping in the wind.

What is a gunt?

That’s when a woman’s gut sticks out more than her c*nt. Also known as a Foompa
[/quote]

No it isn’t. A gunt a like a a gut only it is a second gut. It looks like a 2nd gut but it is actually cunt fat.

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:

What is a gunt?

[/quote]

Thank you. I was wondering the same thing. I laughed my ass off. It was yesterday’s word of the day. I checked myself out several times making sure I was gunt free :slight_smile:

Last week I was at the gym and in between sets I was watching these kids (they were most likely aroun 16 or 17) squatting…
Only doing like 135 but almost ass to grass (they would yell that the rep didnt count if they didnt go low enough)…

anyways there is this chubby kid wandering around the gym looking lost and then he goes to spot his buddy that was benching. Well he starts laughing at the other guys. They finish their squats and he goes over and was like “this is light” and proceeds to do 1/4 squats with the same weight. The funny thing is I think he was doing around the same reps as the other guys.

I just about went up to the kid to bitch him out but decided it wouldnt be worth getting in shit over some insecure little shit.
I think I’ve seen him do the same shit before.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Thank you. I was wondering the same thing. I laughed my ass off. It was yesterday’s word of the day. I checked myself out several times making sure I was gunt free :)[/quote]

I’ll be happy to verify that for you if you want to PM me some pics.

A gunt for your viewing pleasure:

Tonight I saw a guy doing shrugs with 10lb dumbbells…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Thank you. I was wondering the same thing. I laughed my ass off. It was yesterday’s word of the day. I checked myself out several times making sure I was gunt free :slight_smile:

I’ll be happy to verify that for you if you want to PM me some pics.[/quote]

After I shared my new word of the day with a buddy at work he gave me the thumbs up. I’m good to go :slight_smile:

My contribution will be for the owner of the gym i go to. Not technique but a bone head move to impress old people and casuals.

So i walk into the gym about a month ago and see him taping a half inch black foam permanently around each olympic bar right in the middle. I ask him what he is doing, and he replys, “to many people are complaining when doing squats or benching, that the bar is causing discomfort” (something along those lines, i can’t remember that exact term).

Mind you before joining the gym i knew it was not hardcore in any way nor did i care at the time, i just wanted somewhere to work out with a cheap price. But foam on every olympic bar? Come on!

So my worst observed gym performance is that of my gym owner.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
After I shared my new word of the day with a buddy at work he gave me the thumbs up. I’m good to go :)[/quote]

Nuts. So close… and yet so far.

[quote]ceeej wrote:
The stick figure girl that told me that I HAVE to wear shoes on the platform while doing deadlifts. I asked her if she was a trainer or if her bosses have ever deadlifted before. No answer of course.
Maybe she was just concerned about keeping my socks clean.
[/quote]

I was doing deadlifts with my shoes off. A gym trainer with a client comes up to me and says i need to put my shoes on. I say ok. I finish my set with my shoes off and then put them on. He says if he ever catches me with my shoes off again hes kicking me out of the gym.
Anyway, after my shower i went to check the rules and theres nothing about that.
Shoeless deadlifts i will keep on doing :slight_smile:

[quote]Electric_E wrote:

Haha! My dad has a gunt!

[/quote]

Where does he keep it?
Ever borrowed it?

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Electric_E wrote:

Haha! My dad has a gunt!

Where does he keep it?
Ever borrowed it?[/quote]

Genetically I am predisposed to borrow it, hence my T-Nation membership, I don’t want the fucking thing!!

Male gunt/Genis:

After what I’ve been seeing, I think punching bags should be outlawed from gyms that don’t offer real boxing/martial arts training. Watching ugly arm punches and kicks with legs and backs bent up like accordions is getting on my nerves.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
After what I’ve been seeing, I think punching bags should be outlawed from gyms that don’t offer real boxing/martial arts training. Watching ugly arm punches and kicks with legs and backs bent up like accordions is getting on my nerves.

[/quote]

Yeah we have that at my gym and all the high schoolers and wannabe mma’s have to try to look tough hitting the bag

I saw my girl fall on her ass while deadlifting. She was pulling two plates, got the bar just above her knees, and she just toppled over backwards. I stopped laughing just long enough to make sure she was ok. Not really a bad gym performance, but it was funny.

[quote]bluefloyd wrote:
My contribution will be for the owner of the gym i go to. Not technique but a bone head move to impress old people and casuals.

So i walk into the gym about a month ago and see him taping a half inch black foam permanently around each olympic bar right in the middle. I ask him what he is doing, and he replys, “to many people are complaining when doing squats or benching, that the bar is causing discomfort” (something along those lines, i can’t remember that exact term).

Mind you before joining the gym i knew it was not hardcore in any way nor did i care at the time, i just wanted somewhere to work out with a cheap price. But foam on every olympic bar? Come on!

So my worst observed gym performance is that of my gym owner.[/quote]

I think there is actually a law against that, similar to the one that prohibits tearing the tags off the mattress.