Worst Genetics Ever for Muscle Growth

Not gonna lie, I’ve thought about this myself.

I actually stopped trying to gain weight and went into fighting Muay Thai at 132 because I figured I could still get fit and badass, and not have to worry about what size I was. In retrospect this was dumb as hell because it woulda been nice to be bigger instead.

1 Like

I used to take fat burners while I “bulked” to keep the fat off. We were all young and dumb once. 99% of the time it’s because we are stubborn. Don’t remember where i heard it, but an applicable quote. “A man cannot learn that what he thinks he already knows.” Or something like that

3 Likes

Yeah, mad relatable. Planning on passing my knowledge to the next generation.

1 Like

This must be a troll. He has done “everything” and asked from “everybody” and has a “degree”, yet you can’t find any of those things really brought up here. Some examples please.

Other evidence is of course the goal of this thread. What can anybody say to a anonymous guy who claims “its genetics”. We don’t know how he trains/eats (and won’t know, since he does not tell us), so we don’t have any possibilities to help him. Nobody knows about his genes (I assume he has not researched himself, just accuses genes randomly).

IF everything he says is true, then we can’t help him either. Poor luck fella.

3 Likes

You just showed how you don’t actually want help.

Try the exact program and diet, not programs and diets like it. You have never squatted 10x10 with 70% of your 10rm with 2 minutes between sets. Do it and grow.

Also, if you lose weight in a calorie surplus, you should sell your genetics to science. The weight loss industry would be very interested in studying you. Or we could reverse engineer you and solve world hunger.

9 Likes

I have my wife doing 10x10 and she just started lifting. Excited to try it myself when my meet is over.

Yeah I’m leaning heavily towards troll myself . Until I get a different vibe from the OP and I’m guessing I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Chaos magic is actually fascinating stuff. I don’t practice it but, oddly enough, it could actually help the OP. They have rituals where you make a sigil that represents the changed reality you wish to have. In the OP’s case, it would be not sucking at training. You’re then supposed to channel your thoughts and willpower into the sigil, which is supposed to manifest itself by making your reality change.

If nothing else, it could put the goal at the front of his mind and maybe change his behaviors in a good way. Maybe he gets cursed and dies in a low-bar squatting tragedy. Who the fuck knows?

He wasn’t very jacked, but David Bowie was really into Chaos Magic. Apparently him and Jimmy Page were actually sorcerers battling each other with spells and mountains of cocaine.

Last Podcast on the Left will tell you all about it and all kinds of other wacky stuff too.

4 Likes

Hahaha!

Post a pic or some vids of your best lifts.

-If you are as dedicated to your training and diet as you claim you should still look very well conditioned even with small muscles and/or have developed some decent strength in the core lifts.

(…not gonna hold my breath guys :smirk_cat: )

1 Like

how can a sane human being get excited about 10x10 of anything?

5 Likes

I didn’t understand any of this, but it was still great!

2 Likes

I know what you were getting at, but I think we’d be solving obesity. We’d be uncovering the mechanism, not synthesizing it’s antagonist.

In any case, I’m finding a lot of entertainment here.

That was pretty much nerd speak for: I spend too much time reading comic books.

Right now I’m on this comic called Gambit V. Deadpool, and I’m having waaaaaay too much fun thinking about all the ways they’re both kicking each others butts.

Saw Richard Hawthorne talk about it and it inspired me

Ha! I like the movies, but I’ve never read the comic books.

They’re a lot more confusing than the movies are. So you’re not missing out on anything believe me

1 Like

I used reverse engineer improperly here to mean the actual reversal of the engineering of the mechanic, rather than the proper meaning of unbuilding something so that you learn how to build it. It now makes me wonder what would be the correct term for that.

It is a great method for feeling like you are drowning on land.

1 Like

Reverse engineer to engineer the reverse?

2 Likes