Worst Deadlift Performed by a Fighter

Badr Hari

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4736/595919s.gif

heheh, squatting in the smith.
But yeah, shit that form was fucking horrible, to the point of being inexcusable, lol. Bent arms, rounded lower back, no lockout, breaking too fast off the floor. And it was only 315lbs. My guess is the weightlifting thing is new to him, heh.

maybe you guys want to show him up in the gym.

Who is his strength coach? I see a LOT of fighters doing some pretty weird shit just because some “cutting edge” coach talked them into it.

He’s still a bad motherfucker though, regardless of what’s going on in the weight room. I just hope he doesn’t get himself injured.

What kind of weight plates are those? Because it’s looks to be more than 315lbs.

Hari has come a long way from the skinny bean pole he was earlier in his career…so something must be working for him. He needs to clean his technique up for the sake of injuries…BUT he’s not the only example of “high level” athletes who excel at their sport,but have questionable form in the weight room.

Reminds of a clip of Iowa(?) wrestlers lifting that was posted here a while back.

And people tell weight lifting makes no difference, he came a long way from being skinny-tall crushed by overeem, maybe that made him pursue getting stronger on the weight room.

Mike Tekcandan is the current weightlifting coach of Badr Hari I think, he is a big figure in the dutch powertraining scène so I think Badr is in good hands.
At his current weight of 105kg (230 pounds), he recently said in an interview that he feels better.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
What kind of weight plates are those? Because it’s looks to be more than 315lbs.

Hari has come a long way from the skinny bean pole he was earlier in his career…so something must be working for him. He needs to clean his technique up for the sake of injuries…BUT he’s not the only example of “high level” athletes who excel at their sport,but have questionable form in the weight room.

Reminds of a clip of Iowa(?) wrestlers lifting that was posted here a while back. [/quote]

I think I made some ‘friends’ when that Iowa wrestling clip was posted.
everyone was screaming for them to train ‘westside’ yet their result speak for themselves.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
[/quote]

They look really similar to the ones used in the gym I frequent. Two blues (20kg), two green (10kg). So that makes 140kg, a touch under 315lbs.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
[/quote]

I’m critiquing his form (which sucks, even for a max), not the weight he’s using. He may be an accomplished K1 competitor but that doesn’t put his weight-lifting above scrutiny.

[quote]rundymc wrote:

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
[/quote]

I’m critiquing his form (which sucks, even for a max), not the weight he’s using. He may be an accomplished K1 competitor but that doesn’t put his weight-lifting above scrutiny.[/quote]

what is your own lifting like, and or your K1 striking.
Im sure its stellar.

Since you asked:

My deadlift form is pretty good until I come within 10% or so of my max. The form on every other exercise is the same (except squats, the form of which I’m still working on since switching back to high bar). As a lifter, I’ve been training for 3 years, 2 of which was actually productive, which I guess puts me above the beginner level. My striking is beyond K1 level, and I’ve boxed and knocked out Manny Pacquaio and a bear.

My question to you is, what the fuck does the above have to do with this thread? I realize you’re trying to make a point that it doesn’t really matter what Hari, or any other athlete, does in the weight room, so long as they obtain results. I agree with you. However, the form on that deadlift was piss poor, and Hari will get hurt doing that repeatedly. That doesn’t change because he’s a great kickboxer.

Who cares about Badr Hari, GO UBEREEM!

Semmy Schilt ftw!!!

I’m really annoyed by Hoost comments about Schilt, he is just jealous because Schilt is going to be a Champ for a LONGGG time.

What kinda comments did Hoost have for Schilt do you have a link or video?

Schilt is just so MASSIVE it’s hard to beat that man, I can’t remember but Badr Hair beat Schilt, but the 2nd time around Schilt got the win over Badr right?

Either way makes me sick how big he is haha same with those basketball players too lol

I agree that it will be hard for anybody to pass Schilt

WELL…looks like Hari’s deadlifting helps in the face stomping/kicking department. I love watching him as a fighter…but damn…he has to be the biggest mental case. He’s going to be herding goats or robbing Moroccan banks if he doesn’t clean up his act…lol.

At around 5:10 mark:

Yeah was quite the downside for a good night of fighting in Amsterdam.
Too bad he can’t show the amount of self control one may expect from a world class Kickboxer…
Especially since he, according to me, was on the winning hand. He had nothing to prove…

Wow can’t believe that lol

On a side note these guys are monsters!! 6’6 has there been any shorter fighters fighting in that division being successful? How come there aren’t many boxers that height at the HW level, the majority of them are not that tall but in K-1 they all seem to be 6’5 and up

Damn man, what a bad streak for Manhoef, i love that guy, he always goes toe-to-toe against some big mofos on k-1