T Nation

Worst. Christmas. Ever.

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
Shit dude, I feel for you. We had a massive rain storm here last week and alot of people ended up with their homes flooded too, it is not a pretty sight. You’re gonna have to try to find somewhere better to stay for now man and just fight it out. Hopefully the damage to your home is repairable.[/quote]

Thanks dude.
Like I said it could be a lot worse. We have a few connections to really decent tradesmen and our cousin is a pretty successful architect. We also have a spare sitting room that just needs a TV. So whenever we dry up the house and get the water and heating running again, we should be ok to go home. Also, I really like living with my buddies and the damage was contained to the living room and hall floor so all the bedrooms are ok. And we had house insurance so all the contents are covered.

Really though, there are always people in far worse situations. I saw a pretty powerful documentary just last week on the homeless in Ireland and I’ve come to appreciate my situation simply from seeing that and will be doing some charity work soon with a friend because of it

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Dude, at least you didn’t get hurt. My leg still aches so bad from the car wreck I haven’t been able to train legs in about 2 months aside from very minor light weight stuff. I still can’t do incline presses and haven’t been able to ride my motorcycle because of the pain in those areas.[/quote]

I had no idea you were even in one. Was it your Mustang? Or maybe just the link to a thread would be fine[/quote]

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/thought_of_the_day_wreckage?id=4152266&pageNo=0

The Mustang exists because of the wreck.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Dude, at least you didn’t get hurt. My leg still aches so bad from the car wreck I haven’t been able to train legs in about 2 months aside from very minor light weight stuff. I still can’t do incline presses and haven’t been able to ride my motorcycle because of the pain in those areas.[/quote]

I didn’t realize that you injured your leg as well. Aside from the inclines, have you been able to train heavy with other chest/arm/back stuff? Do you think this has helped or hindered your leaning up (or precipitated it)?

[/quote]

It set me back big time. I had to drop all weight used and increase volume. That was why it shocked me that it seemed I hadn’t lost size while dropping weight. Today is supposed to be leg day and hopefully I will at least be able to do close to what I did before…but it still hurts.

They are probably down an inch or so since the accident. Walking down stairs hurts now though.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
You have your health, you should be more than thankful.[/quote]

This pic reminds me of that. A lot to be thankful for…[/quote]

That is maybe the saddest pic I’ve ever seen. OP, glad you and your girl are ok.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
You have your health, you should be more than thankful.[/quote]

This pic reminds me of that. A lot to be thankful for…[/quote]

That is maybe the saddest pic I’ve ever seen. OP, glad you and your girl are ok.[/quote]

It’s one of the most powerful images ive seen on the internet

Let me get this straight. You were in an accident that bent your car (which didn’t have air bags) in half, and you and your girlfriend walked away with bruises. Your landlord lent you a car, which, although it malfunctioned, was able to get you home through the use of your own good common sense, and you are complaining of a bad Christmas. Your life and your girl friend’s life are the best gift you could get. The landlords help is a great gift. Your own abilities to cope with adversity are a great gift. If I were you, I would be down on my knees thanking God for the greatest Christmas ever, except for the first one.

Fuck that. The OP knows things could have been worse and admits that in his post. Just because things could have been worse doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be upset with what happened.

If he’s speaking strictly of his own Christmases, then you can’t even give him shit for saying it’s his “Worst. Christmas. Ever.” because it probably is.

Ronsauce, that probably would have been my post. I have other reasons for this year being worse than other years as well but it’s nothing that I need to be bickering about on the internet. I was just in a bad mood last night and felt like I needed to tell someone. I will have pictures later on today, I’ll post them when I get them. It’s kind of hard to even look at for me, I really liked that car and once you spend so much time with something you can’t help but miss it. However, it is an inanimate object and will eventually be forgotten.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Fuck that. The OP knows things could have been worse and admits that in his post. Just because things could have been worse doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be upset with what happened.

If he’s speaking strictly of his own Christmases, then you can’t even give him shit for saying it’s his “Worst. Christmas. Ever.” because it probably is.[/quote]

I agree.

It sucks. But, at least nobody got seriously injured.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

If he’s speaking strictly of his own Christmases, then you can’t even give him shit for saying it’s his “Worst. Christmas. Ever.” because it probably is.[/quote]

I agree.

It sucks. But, at least nobody got seriously injured.[/quote]

Exactly. Everyone here is typing stuff like they are spiritual masters or something. I know for a fact that if this happened to any of the people on here they would at least think that it sucked and wish it didn’t happen. Just because you don’t complain verbally doesn’t mean you are still not complaining. It was a shitty situation, he obviously got over it and is only sharing what happened…and that’s the end of it.

Okay, one more try, then I’ll drop the subject.

OP, you just f*&kin won the life lottery. You paid for the ticket with your car and you and your girl friend walked away alive for the win. From your post, I gather there was no broken legs, arms, caved in rib cages, or other life changing damage (consider what recuperating from even a small injury would do to your school attendance). The tall gentleman in the black robes and skeletal visage missed with the swing of his scythe. Maybe it is just me, but I would be doing a fricking happy dance. There is an old saying that there is no feeling as exquisite as “being shot at and missed.”, and I’m here to tell you, at 67 years old, that is the absolute truth. You obviously have common sense (you appear to have been able to nurse an overheating car home safely), so learn to recognize good luck for what it is, be thankful for it, and give the finger to the guy with the scythe, he’ll catch up with all of us far too soon any way, but this time, at least, he missed.

Hey, Ronsauce and IM, pound sand.

I bet that homeless family that nearly froze to death last night feels sorry for you…

It really doesn’t look as bad as I thought now that it’s sitting on level ground. Not saying it’s good by any means. I think if it were a newer car it would have ended up crumpling alot more, and that’s not a bad thing. I’m certainly going to miss it. The old thing never ever let me down, it has 335 000 kms on it (208 000 miles) and I’m sure it would have lasted at least another couple years. But, such is life.

It got cold today and when I went to get my stuff out of it the windshield and right window were cracked.

Prof X, do you happen to have any pics of your Envoy?

How about the folks on the receiving end of that mash up?

They O.K.? or are you so busy crying about your car that you forgot that someone else got fucked in that exchange too?

Luckily though, nobody was injured.[/quote]

If you read my first post, no, nobody was injured. The lady we ran into was unhurt, just shook up. Her vehicle is a write off. Her and her husband (who showed up later) were nice people and there was no fighting involved. Next time if you want to know something you can just ask instead of being a dick about it.

EDIT: Though I do agree it wasn’t right not to mention it.

It really doesn’t look as bad as I thought now that it’s sitting on level ground. Not saying it’s good by any means. I think if it were a newer car it would have ended up crumpling alot more, and that’s not a bad thing. I’m certainly going to miss it. The old thing never ever let me down, it has 335 000 kms on it (208 000 miles) and I’m sure it would have lasted at least another couple years. But, such is life. [/quote]

You can buff that out. Doesn’t look bad at all

[quote]biglifter wrote:

It really doesn’t look as bad as I thought now that it’s sitting on level ground. Not saying it’s good by any means. I think if it were a newer car it would have ended up crumpling alot more, and that’s not a bad thing. I’m certainly going to miss it. The old thing never ever let me down, it has 335 000 kms on it (208 000 miles) and I’m sure it would have lasted at least another couple years. But, such is life. [/quote]

You can buff that out. Doesn’t look bad at all[/quote]

A little body filler and hopes and dreams is often enough. Lol

[quote]elLoboSolatario wrote:
Okay, one more try, then I’ll drop the subject.

OP, you just f*&kin won the life lottery. You paid for the ticket with your car and you and your girl friend walked away alive for the win. From your post, I gather there was no broken legs, arms, caved in rib cages, or other life changing damage (consider what recuperating from even a small injury would do to your school attendance). The tall gentleman in the black robes and skeletal visage missed with the swing of his scythe. Maybe it is just me, but I would be doing a fricking happy dance. There is an old saying that there is no feeling as exquisite as “being shot at and missed.”, and I’m here to tell you, at 67 years old, that is the absolute truth. You obviously have common sense (you appear to have been able to nurse an overheating car home safely), so learn to recognize good luck for what it is, be thankful for it, and give the finger to the guy with the scythe, he’ll catch up with all of us far too soon any way, but this time, at least, he missed.

Hey, Ronsauce and IM, pound sand.[/quote]

Wait, did you tell me to “pound sand”?

Holy shit, I haven’t heard that saying in years!

That gave me a nice chuckle… thanks!