T Nation

Worst Bumper Sticker

Yesterday I saw the stupidest bumper sticker I have ever seen. It said, “It doesn’t take a war to power my bicycle.” Beyond the obvious questions such as how did you melt the steel to make your bike? or how did your bike get to the store?, stood the glorious fact that this bumper sticker was ON HIS CAR!

mike

dude, relax man. it is just a bumper sticker.

floripa

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Yesterday I saw the stupidest bumper sticker I have ever seen. It said, “It doesn’t take a war to power my bicycle.” Beyond the obvious questions such as how did you melt the steel to make your bike? or how did your bike get to the store?, stood the glorious fact that this bumper sticker was ON HIS CAR!

mike[/quote]

I agree. It is very stupid. Bumper stickers are ok IMO if they don’t go over two in numbers and/or get too political. You just become an “activist” to most people when the back of your car is caked with your personal views.

Do Subaru Outbacks actually roll out of the factory with a “Kerry/Edwards” bumper sticker?

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
dude, relax man. it is just a bumper sticker.

floripa[/quote]

…and a hypocritical one.

Don’t make me bring in the Wisdom Cube.

I agree with Bucanan; they are alright for a chuckle but this one is pretty daft it’s both anti-war and car, it implies their transport is a bike, they don’t need a car and said owner of such a bumper sticker should be slapped.

I think bumper stickers are just lame. full stop.

I have a theory: the greater the number of bumper stickers, the worse the driver. Anyone else notice a correlation?

I dunno, I saw one that said, “If a fat girl falls in the forest, do the trees laugh”. I thought it was pretty great.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I have a theory: the greater the number of bumper stickers, the worse the driver. Anyone else notice a correlation?[/quote]

The more bumper stickers there are on a car, the greater piece of shit that car is. And it’s usually being driven by some Jerry Garcia look alike hippie.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Yesterday I saw the stupidest bumper sticker I have ever seen. It said, “It doesn’t take a war to power my bicycle.” Beyond the obvious questions such as how did you melt the steel to make your bike? or how did your bike get to the store?, stood the glorious fact that this bumper sticker was ON HIS CAR!

mike

I agree. It is very stupid. Bumper stickers are ok IMO if they don’t go over two in numbers and/or get too political. You just become an “activist” to most people when the back of your car is caked with your personal views.

Do Subaru Outbacks actually roll out of the factory with a “Kerry/Edwards” bumper sticker?[/quote]

What boggles my mind is the contradiction of expressing one’s self and personal views with mass-produced goods designed by someone who doesn’t know you and never will. I think the Wisdumb cube might have been a spoof of that. Or just another ridiculous episode.

the best bumper sticker ever is “Nuke gay whales for Jesus”. National lampoon had an add in the back of their magazine about 25 years ago for it.

The little screw stickers that you could put over those hearts in the I heart this or that were also pretty cool.

maybe someone else stuck it on his car

or, maybe he is pro-war.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
I have a theory: the greater the number of bumper stickers, the worse the driver. Anyone else notice a correlation?

The more bumper stickers there are on a car, the greater piece of shit that car is. And it’s usually being driven by some Jerry Garcia look alike hippie.
[/quote]

Actually, every car I’ve known to be covered in stickers was driven by a cute young girl.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
I have a theory: the greater the number of bumper stickers, the worse the driver. Anyone else notice a correlation?

The more bumper stickers there are on a car, the greater piece of shit that car is. And it’s usually being driven by some Jerry Garcia look alike hippie.
[/quote]

And odds are it’s a Saab or Volvo.

“Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on cadillac.”

A friend of mine once had a break up with his girlfriend, and for revenge he went and made up a few “I love it in the ass” bumper stickers and painted her car with them.

She drove around unknowingly with those bumper stickers on her car for several days.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
I have a theory: the greater the number of bumper stickers, the worse the driver. Anyone else notice a correlation?

The more bumper stickers there are on a car, the greater piece of shit that car is. And it’s usually being driven by some Jerry Garcia look alike hippie.

Loose Tool wrote:
And odds are it’s a Saab or Volvo.[/quote]

…from '85 or so.

Boy, do those cars last forever.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
“Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on cadillac.”[/quote]

A little voice inside my head says dont look back, you can never look back

I have a stupid question,
was the bumper sticker on A CAR THAT REQUIRES GASOLINE??!?!
edit: oops should have read the whole post!