Worst Beers

Sometimes I just like to have a large amount of relatively inexpensive beer on ice.

I don’t mean sinking to the level of Piels or Meisterbrau, but when you see a sale on something potable, fuck yeah!

My local 'market has 24 oz Olde English on sale for 99¢ now and then. Of course I stock up. Other notables are PBR in a 12-pack for $5.49, Busch for a good deal on a 30-pack is a score as well.

Rob

Beast in a can.

breast… er best served straight from the keg!

Schaefer, Genesee, and Simpler Times.

This…

PBR is a staple when it comes to cheap/shit beer.

Boxer is horrid I was stoked on the name and all but when i Tried it, very dissapoint. OE is great first time I tried it I was thinking how am I going to finish this stale perfume. Coors sucks, are we talking good cheap beers?Old English, James Ready, Old Milwaukee, Ywengling, Sleeman’s, Maclays, hmm LakePort gets a nod as well.

I bought a tall can for a homeless fellow on st paddy’s day who was kicked out of the beer store , he was like get me a crest, I was like the shit you brush your teeth with? He said yah, yet to try it I assume it is shit cuz it’s preferred amongst actual hobos.

The girl in that pic is wife material

Steel Reserve!!! All day erryday.

The steel reserve can is intriguing yet to try will have to soon.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I have to second the question: is this a “best of the cheap beers” or “worst beers” thread?[/quote]
Well I’ve never met a beer I didn’t like, but if we’re talking fluid ounce of alcohol per cent, Busch Ice was the go to for me and my college roommate. We used to call it “the most efficient of beers”. That’d get my vote for best cheap beer.

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
Sometimes I just like to have a large amount of relatively inexpensive beer on ice.

I don’t mean sinking to the level of Piels or Meisterbrau, but when you see a sale on something potable, fuck yeah!

My local 'market has 24 oz Olde English on sale for 99�¢ now and then. Of course I stock up. Other notables are PBR in a 12-pack for $5.49, Busch for a good deal on a 30-pack is a score as well.

Rob [/quote]
My penis brought me here because of this pic. Although, the worst beer I ever had was some bullshit banana bread beer my pussy neighbor gave me. After I drank some of it I asked him if he had anything for men to drink…like whiskey

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I have to second the question: is this a “best of the cheap beers” or “worst beers” thread?[/quote]
Well I’ve never met a beer I didn’t like.[/quote]

you’ve never tried San Miguel green have you?

Cobra 40 oz tastes like a Budweiser almost but higher abv
I like Busch Light because it tastes like rancid olive oil and takes me back to freshman year

Coors light is disgusting. Keystone is a little better and cheaper.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

There was a Best Beers thread, so this is the flip side to superior suds. I drink almost anything and don’t consider myself a beer snob at all. But when you drink 30 or more beers a week, price wins out over quality.

Rob

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Cobra 40 oz tastes like a Budweiser almost but higher abv
I like Busch Light because it tastes like rancid olive oil and takes me back to freshman year

Coors light is disgusting. Keystone is a little better and cheaper.[/quote]

Budweiser had another ghetto-esque beer called Hurricane, a malt liquor. I see it now and then and its good and cheap.

Rob

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
PBR is a staple when it comes to cheap/shit beer. [/quote]

Great in tall neck bar bottles if you can find it, I haven’t seen it in a long time. My beer distributor used to have it in kegs too. Very tasty.

Rob

I prefer cheap, light, consumable beer.

I’m not looking for some complex flavourful beer that snobs describe as “hoppy”.

So I think bitters and IPAs are the worst.

'Gansett and Heineken are garbage and I’ll never drink them. Coors Light is my go to all day drinking beer.