T Nation

Worst Beer

There seems to be a running debate about best beer in the picture forum, so I want a pissing match of a different kind:

What’s the worst beer?

My vote goes to: Miller High Life, especially when consumed from a 40oz bottle. Arrgghhh.

It made me do horrible things once.

How about Golden Anniversary? Or The Beast (Milwaukee’s Best)? Those are both like trying to choke down liquid sandpaper.

Labatt Blue

I know some people really like it, but I can’t stand it.

Kokanee

Also there is a place in town called Tablerock that makes, get this, Blueberry Beer. Yeah, tried it, tastes as good as it sounds.

Here in Japan they tax alcohol something silly. Becuase of this they make second brews from soy or lesser quality hops so they can avoid the tax. The worst that I have tried (thus far, the summer is young) is called ??? or Nodogoshi and tastes aweful. However, for the same price as a soda…one cant complain.

Its not as bad as some of the Chinese/Thai/Phillipino brews which have been known to contain fermaldhyde.

e

The Beast is nasty, but I’ll have to go with Corona. It still is disscusting with lime & salt. Corona Light is even worse! Give me a Shiner Bock or Blue Moon anyday!

[quote]Kuz wrote:
How about Golden Anniversary? Or The Beast (Milwaukee’s Best)? Those are both like trying to choke down liquid sandpaper.[/quote]

Yes-Beast. Or Natty Light (Natural Light). Natty Ice is shit too.l

[quote]

It made me do horrible things once.[/quote]

then stay away from Leo the thai beer.
or youll wake up some morning next to a transvestite with no memory of what happend the night before. not that its ever happend to me…

Blueberry? Dammit that just ain’t right.

It may not be a popular opinion but I can’t stand Hieneken, it’s bitter, not refreshing, and seems to stale in taste quicker than any other beer out there once it gets warm. Pure piss.

Old German. We used to get that crap for like $4.99 a case and it was horrible. Nothing a pint of everclear couldn’t fix though.

There’s this micro brew in town and they used to make this Chili beer…now THAT’S bad.

As for nation wide or world wide…I’d have to say hieneken, (sp?) tastes just a tad like dog shit.

hey all,
being from wisconsin, the state where one is fed beer from birth, i think i pretty much tolerate most beers, unless they’re some of these exotic asian ones mentioned that i haven’t encountered. i never liked ice house, though. massive headaches and explosive shits the next day. i think i’ll pass ever having one of those again.

I’d have to say Busch, Golden Anniversary, & Red Dog are my three least favorite mass produced beers. I’ve also had more Molson Ice’s skunked than fresh tasting, but I do like them when they aren’t skunked.

As far as “specialty/microwbrew” beers, I’ve had Blueberry, Peach, and Watermelon flavored beers and they tasted like weasel piss.

I think the worst beer I’ve ever had was from a guy at work who made his own…I got a batch that tasted EXACTLY like WOOD.

There is a brand called Brew City. I don’t know if it is sold nationally or just around the midwest, but it really sucks. There is Lager, Ice, and Light, and even if you are already blasted you can still tell it sucks.

But it’s $8/case…

Everything domestic.

There are too many to list.

[quote]Charles Atlas wrote:
Kokanee

Also there is a place in town called Tablerock that makes, get this, Blueberry Beer. Yeah, tried it, tastes as good as it sounds.[/quote]

I have a polo shirt from Tablerock. Got it eight years ago. Can’t remember what the beers were like.

I’d have to say Corona Light, Steel Reserve, King Cobra and the Beast all pretty much suck something fierce.

I live in an ol’ fashioned “boomtown”, built by the taconite mines and run by the taconite mines so the beer flows like water around here, shitty, shitty water. I have encountered “brew city” beer and it is pretty damn awful, but the worst I’ve had in this area is our own good ol’ Minnesota brew, kinda tastes like the local fishermen loaded up a tank full of walleye, threw in some barley and let it sit for a year, then sqeezed the walleye paste into cans for our drinking pleasure.

[quote]beef215 wrote:
I’d have to say Corona Light, Steel Reserve, King Cobra and the Beast all pretty much suck something fierce.[/quote]

I too know the sting of King Cobra!

When I was 17 I paid my neighbor to get me a box (12) of Mickey’s 40’s. Didn’t know she was a crankhead at the time. She came back with 12 King Cobra 40’s a sprite and a huge bag of Cheetos. Guess I’m lucky I got anything.