Worse ED After Starting TRT

I got strange muscle aches and pain in my back, legs, shoulders a few months after starting TRT. It felt just like the growing pains I got as a teen when my muscles were developing. It seems to have lessoned in the last week as I’m getting a little stronger.

That’s fair. I just developed this horrible lingering pain in my lats the past week and The only thing I changed was my testosterone dose. So just wondering

Allright guys, I’m officially trying a restart. My doctor is unwillling to give me labs I need, unwilling to prescribe hcg and doesn’t test for estradiol. Waste of time. This is my plan:

Hcg 250 iu’S EOD for 3 weeks, possibly a month depending on if I feel the boys are up and running again. I have only been on trt for a couple months, so the atrophy is not severe. Although I am shutdown.

I will follow this with clomid at 25 mg/day for 3 weeks, and then another 1-2 weeks at 12.5 mg/day.

I will be abstaining completely from alcohol, and adjusting my diet in hopes the restart sticks.

Does this protocol look good? I will keep everyone updated for other guys That are hoping to restart themselves.

good luck and keep us updated. I am currently tapering down test to try a restart in a couple months. Interested to see how it goes for you

Does a taper help a restart? Or are you doing it to ease symptoms?

Just trying to ease my body into it but never had many symptoms of low T prior to TRT and very few sides while on once I got AI dialed in. Was at 125mg for 6 months (also taking HCG and Adex), 100mg for past 3 months. Just got bloods back yesterday and FT went from 950 to 660 which is still reasonable plus I cant tell the difference physically or mentally, now going to 75 for a month or two, 50 then off to follow ksmans PCT protocol.

I may be an odd case though - active/healthy 36 yr old and had ZERO symptoms of low T when first tested at 167 TT. I was towards the end of a 4 month cut which could have factored into it since my fat intake was down. I feel like I can naturally get up to at least optimal mid range levels myself so want to try a restart. If not, i’ll be a TRT lifer but I’m young so figured why not give it a shot now.

At what point in a restart protocol does hcg become too suppressive and hinders recovery? I’m planning on doing hcg 250 iu’s EOD for a month before going on clomid for a month. Keeping in mind, I have been on trt for 3 months with no hcg, will hcg for a month suppress me even further? Is 3 weeks good enough? Or do you just wait till balls fill back up and play it by ear? I’m unable to get labs when I need so I have to base this on feeling before I begin clomid. Love some advice from other guys who have done the same protocol.

Before I go on this restart I would like some advice. I just found out I do indeed have low estrogen which I feared. Arimidex messed me up 6 months ago and I’m still facing these issues. I have major joint pain. I’m only on 100 mg cyp a week. What dose of test would be required to raise my estrogen? My current protocol is not allowing it to move. If I added hcg along with my t would this help bring my estrogen up as well? I was thinking 300 mg cyp per week with 250 iu’s hcg EOD

How much Arimidex were you taking? How often?

I believe it was .5 mg every couple days. But stilll haven’t recovered. I must be a serious over responder. The joint pain has stuck with me and keeps getting worse. Even on 100 mg cyp per week and no ai. During this past 6 months I also started to grow serious facial hair which I’ve never ever had in my life. I went from none to having to shave all the time. so I believe This was from increased dht conversion from the lack of aromatase.

Update:

My estradiol has finally raised up from 100 mg a week of cypionate. Joints are healing. Now here’s my current situation. I only have one more injection then I will be starting hcg before I start clomid. im scared to take anymore arimidex because of what happened last time but I don’t want hig estradiol going into my restart. What would you guys do? Take a super low dose maybe? Will keep y’all updated on the restart!

Tamoxifen as part of trt? Or for the restart?

Well everyone I’m officially starting my restart this weekend with my hcg. I will be taking 250ius EOD for 3 weeks to a month depending on how I feel. I will follow this with clomid at 25 mg/day for 2-3 weeks followed by a week at 12.5 mg/day. my plan is to ride out with natural levels as long as possible before commiting to lifelong trt. I will keep posted and share my labs afterwards which will be taken approx 3 months from now.

Update: I have been using hcg for almost a week. I started with 250 iu’s EOD but felt nothing from that dose. Yesterday I increased to 500 iu’s and boom Now my balls are really picking up on this dose. Taking shape again. Not to mention my well being is through the roof. I’m thinking since I’m responding so well, I might only need another week on the hcg till I take a 4 day break and start on the clomid

Well guys my balls are officially back. Firm and full. Not to mention, my body odour which dissapeared for over 6 months, is back with a vengeance. I didn’t use deodorant for probably 6 months and never smelled it was the weirdest thing. My body was severely lacking hormones. Now even when I wear deodorant I smell rancid. Which most people would think is disgusting but to me this is great news. My body is producing again. Not let’s hope I can keep this going. So I need some advice: would you guys ditch the hcg and begin clomid at this stage? Or should I coast in hcg for another week and let my body adjust slowly to these changes?

Anyone got some advice on whether I should begin clomid as soon as my ballls filed back up? Can you overstimulate the balls if u stay on hcg too long after they filled back up?

I began taking clomid 3 days ago and have already been getting some slow improvements. Now I got a question for some of you guys who have tried a restart. Clomid use to make me feel awful, emotional and sad but this time around I’ve only been seeing improvements on it. Just want to know if anyone has had similar reactions with it. Wondering why my body can handle it now

You just wait because it’s too early in the game, most start feeling awful months down the road if not right away. The other variable is you were on TRT for awhile. You never provided any labs.

I’m going back on trt. I need some advice from guys on the best method for injecting. I’m abandoning IM injections and moving to sub q. My understanding is 29 gauge 1/2 inch is the way to go. If injecting into my abdomen, I should not have to aspirate correct?

You never aspirate injecting testosterone IM or subq.