Worried My Bulk Is Out of Control

I agree with a lot of the other posters.

I dont think you should necessarily full on diet at this point. You have expressed a fear of losing strength by changing your diet. If you read the threads and articles about Dave Tate’s transformation (you think you eat dirty, check out his old diet), youll quickly pick up on the fact that Dave equated more food with more jacked, regardless of what kind of food it was.

Here is my advice:
Make a list of all of the foods that you regularly eat or crave. Each week, tackle a new food. Eliminate the bad foods from your diet one at a time, each week, make a conscious effort to avoid the new food and fight the cravings. I have found that if I crave something for a week or so, but fight the urges to over-indulge, then usually the cravings go away entirely.

Take it slow, improve your diet gradually. This should help with your mental block and your waistline alike.

After youve managed to control your compulsions to eat certain foods, you can decide whether or not to attack a full on “cutting” phase.

By the way, props for getting to 275 at 20% bf…thats still damn big.

[quote]Classic Sass wrote:
6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.
off.[/quote]
Real teas such as Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe are also an excellent source of nutrition according to the book “Super Foods RX”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Wow. Fries? Yes. Why do people see a bun and ground beef as “detrimental to progress”?[/quote]

When I look at a fast food burgers I see myself getting fatter. If I grill my 90% lean hamburger, then I’m fine with it. But like I was saying, when I was bigger I was eating 2 value meals for lunch. You can’t tell me that you can lose weight eating 2 McDonalds double cheeseburgers per meal.

If I were trying to get bigger I would see it as a great feeding opportunity, but when trying to lose weight I see fast food as something that holds me back.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Wow. Fries? Yes. Why do people see a bun and ground beef as “detrimental to progress”?

When I look at a fast food burgers I see myself getting fatter. If I grill my 90% lean hamburger, then I’m fine with it. But like I was saying, when I was bigger I was eating 2 value meals for lunch. You can’t tell me that you can lose weight eating 2 McDonalds double cheeseburgers per meal.

If I were trying to get bigger I would see it as a great feeding opportunity, but when trying to lose weight I see fast food as something that holds me back.[/quote]

What is wrong with people who think “hamburger” and the follow that with “McDonald’s”? There are about 500 other places that make better food than them. I have written before that if I go to a Burger King or a “BackYard Burger” that they drain the grease off of the meat before they out it on the bun.

They grab paper towels and press the grease out. I don’t eat mayonnaise. I guess this is easier to ask for if you look the part. Most of them assume I am eating that way for a special reason and most are all too happy to help…but then, I get along with them easily and my size has much to do with how they treat me.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Wow. Fries? Yes. Why do people see a bun and ground beef as “detrimental to progress”?

If I were trying to get bigger I would see it as a great feeding opportunity, but when trying to lose weight I see fast food as something that holds me back.[/quote]

I eat cheeseburgers even when I’m cutting. I just choose not to eat McDonalds because I like high quality burgers and I think theirs are not. There are a bunch of restaurants around here that make really good burgers. Especially ruby Tuesdays.

They have some great burgers made with high quality meat if thats what you’re looking for if you’re eating out. I love cooking though, so I usually cook my own too. McDonalds burgers are too small to me anyway.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

What is wrong with people who think “hamburger” and the follow that with “McDonald’s”? There are about 500 other places that make better food than them. I have written before that if I go to a Burger King or a “BackYard Burger” that they drain the grease off of the meat before they out it on the bun.

They grab paper towels and press the grease out. I don’t eat mayonnaise. I guess this is easier to ask for if you look the part. Most of them assume I am eating that way for a special reason and most are all too happy to help…but then, I get along with them easily and my size has much to do with how they treat me.[/quote]

I went to school in a small town where McD’s was the only place to get a burger. I guess that explains why I equate burgers w/ McDonalds. Now I live in a small town where the only place to get a burger is a greasy spoon. I would rather just avoid it.