Worried about My Low T Boyfriend

Hi,
I’m sorry if I shouldn’t be posting this here, but I don’t really know who to talk to. My boyfriend was diagnosed in September with Low T. Extra low: I think is was under 220, but I don’t remember the exact number.

Anyways, he’s waiting for his doctor appointment (got cancelled and had to reschedule so its taking forever) and totally stressed, so it’s hard for me to talk to him about this because he’s so sensitive about it. But to be honest, things have changed a lot in our relationship over the past year. He almost never wants sex, he’s crabby most of the time, he gets anxious when we’re out with our friends or sometimes he backs out of plans at the last minute.

And he was a bigger guy when we met but he still went to the Y so I felt good that he cared about his health. Now he barely moves from the couch and he’s gained another 40 pounds since then. I have a lot of energy and I know it’s normal for a guy his age (he’s a couple of years older than me, in his mid30s) to have less energy but hes always tired.

I have tried to learn more about his condition and be sensitive about giving him lots of time and space to rest and he is trying not to be so dfast to get mad at me for stuff but it’s really hard for me not to be down because I find myself in a serious relationship with a really overweight guy who rarely wants to do anything fun and can be snappy when he gets mad and who is depressed all the time.

He wasn’t like this when we started going out! I guess I just want to know how much your lifes turned around from T replacement? How much of this could be from his testosterone and do I just need to accept that maybe he put on his best face when we met but a lot of this is just who he is and I have to take it or leave it? I want to know how to make this easier for him and I want to know if there’s hope for him being the man I know he can be? Any advice would help. Thank you and happy Thanksigving.