Thanks for the info as always, it’s greatly appreciated.
LS / FSH
I have to apologise to you, my testicles aren’t pulling up as tight as I first thought (unless they have dropped a bit). They are hanging a little more normal now after a proper inspection since reading your response - I am not sure why that is but they are definitely hanging looser.
I’ve still no idea what this means in terms of my LS / FSH levels.
Morning temp in bed (averaged over 3 readings): 96.8 f
Afternoon temps: 97.8 f
I have ordered a 150mcg iodine / 200mcg selenium supplement - should be here tomorrow.
I have read the stickies, but I am still quite confused on the best route to take:
Option 1: Supplement Cabergoline to reduce prolactin levels.
Issues: My prolactin levels don’t seem that high to begin with. Would I really expect to see a massive increase from my current 7.53 nmol/L (217 ng/dl) level? I am going to assume it would still be quite low and further treatment would still be needed.
Option 2: Do a restart using the protocols listed in the sticky and re-evaluate after 4 weeks.
Issues: Im in the UK so getting a hold of HCG is going to be difficult/expensive.
I could try clomid and see how it goes - but this is something I do NOT want to take long term so I am reluctant to take this route.
Given my low FSH levels, this could work - but as my LH is already high wouldn’t clomid raise it even higher?
If I understand correctly, the best case scenario is that the restart will kick-start my T production back into gear, meaning no TRT or long-term SERM/HCG because it fixed itself.
However if T levels drop back down, then TRT is most likely the best option?
Option 3: TRT
I could go straight on TRT and supplement 100mg/week to start with (split 2-3x a week) and re-evaluate my blood work after 4 weeks.
Issues: This could get my T and therefore my E2 levels back up to normal range (as both are dangerously low). A raise in E2 could also raise my SHBG higher which would be great, or the high T could plummet the SHBG even more - I don’t know enough about how it works to really make that assumption though.
I am also not really sure going on TRT would find and address the root cause.
Option 4: Wait 3-4 months to see an Endo
Issues: Have to feel like shit and do nothing for another 1/4 of a year… I would rather self-treat myself in the mean time - I honestly can’t wait that long and from what I’ve read, UK endos probably won’t be much of a help anyway.
@KSman: what would you recommend, as it’s the option I will most likely try first.