T Nation

Worried About First Cycle 500mg of Test C

Hello and thanks for reading,

So after a lot of research i decided that a basic 12 week cycle of test C 500mg a week with .3 arimidex EOD and 500IU of HCG every 4 days ( and yes i have nolva and clomid for a PCT ready to go ) was the best way to go.

I am not new to weight lifting but have been mostly a runner my whole life and am now getting into power lifting. I am on week 6 of my 12 week cycle and have definetely seen strength gains, new PRs for all my lifts all around. However i have only gained about 5 pounds. Since i started my cycle my diet has been insanely clean, my goal for a powerlifting meet i have in a couple months is to be as lean as possible lifting some big weight, so i have been putting only calories that my body can use into my body, it has been a very boring and painful process eating so clean.

I still try to eat as much as possible, at least 4 big high protein meals with snacks of greek yogurt, protein bars, and nuts in between meals. With at least 2-3 shakes a day. Should i be worried at all about my slow weight gain, or can i chalk it up to my insanely clean diet. I also understand that the Test hits everybody at different points of their cycle, so maybe i just need to be more patient, but like i said the strength gains are evident. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

current stats
26 YO
5’11
185 pounds
7% body fat

Bench- 270
Squat- 305 (stupid runners legs, im working on it)
Deadlift- 440

1. Welcome to the dark side.

2. Score another PL convert!

3. Your not eating enough, thats why you have only gained 5 pounds in 6 weeks. You have to eat in order to grow. It takes mass to move mass. Why are you concerned with being lean as possible for a PL comp? The body needs surplus amounts of protein, FATS and carbs to move heavy weights day in and day out. Im not saying you need to go all Donnie Thompson(said with mad respect) but being shredded and competing in PL don’t belong together. You have to pick one or the other.

Youtube “force feeding” by Clint Darden and watch the vids, as it will give you an idea of what you need to be doing.

Also side note, as a former runner you will need to work on speed and explosiveness during your lifts. You have trained your body for years to go a long way with the least minimal force possible. Now you have to train your body for maximum force output in very short intervals. This will not be an easy or short process.