T Nation

World's Strongest Man

6’5", 430lbs Dominic filiou + Dr. Berardi= new mr. Olympia?

a) That is like asking, “What if Ronnie Coleman changed the way he trains? Could he be the next World’s Strongest Man?”

Both are “What If” types of questions and are therefore pointless until the person in question actually attempts the other sport.

b) Dominic Filiou is NOT the World’s Strongest Man and never was either. Mariusz Pudzianowski is the current and 3-time WSM.

Plus dominic may have very un-aesthetic musculature. sure he could get cut up, but does he have the muscle structure to do it?

Plus dominic may have very un-aesthetic musculature. sure he could get cut up, but does he have the muscle structure to do it?

[quote]DieselWeasel wrote:

b) Dominic Filiou is NOT the World’s Strongest Man and never was either. Mariusz Pudzianowski is the current and 3-time WSM.[/quote]

Didn’t say he was. He’s a contender in “World’s Strongest Man”. I posted this being kind of facetious b/c of Dr. Berardi’s success at making Dave Tate a VERY aesthetic bodybuilder. :slight_smile:

Mariusz Pudzianowski could/would do very well in bodybuilding.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Mariusz Pudzianowski could would do very well in bodybuilding.[/quote]

I get the feeling that he would do well in MMA as well. He has a boxing background if I’m not mistaken.

Isn’t it more like Karate?

[quote]allNatural wrote:
DieselWeasel wrote:

b) Dominic Filiou is NOT the World’s Strongest Man and never was either. Mariusz Pudzianowski is the current and 3-time WSM.

Didn’t say he was. He’s a contender in “World’s Strongest Man”. I posted this being kind of facetious b/c of Dr. Berardi’s success at making Dave Tate a VERY aesthetic bodybuilder. :)[/quote]

I immediately thought of Dave Tate when I read this. And that was the point.

I’ve seen Filiou perform on t.v. and I can’t believe that a guy of his weight doesn’t look that fat. If I was guessing, I would have said that he was around 350. Last time I saw him, he had “cut down” to 400.

Mariusz has a background in Kyokushin Karate but he does not train any more.

Also he does a lot of bodybuilding training, so he you can say he IS a bodybuilder even though he doesn’t compete.

RC would not win a damn in the world strongest men competition, even if he would change. He would tore up too many muscles.

Yes, he could… if he wasnt so old

[quote]GermanPower wrote:
RC would not win a damn in the world strongest men competition, even if he would change. He would tore up too many muscles. [/quote]

yeah cause his muscles are weak and soft.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Mariusz Pudzianowski could/would do very well in bodybuilding.[/quote]

That must be a big dude next to Pudz, because he usually seems so much bigger.

YEAH? I looked at it and I was like “Yah know Pud isn’t really that big”. Then I realized I’m retarded.

Dominic showed up at a strongman contest I ran recently, to support a training partner of his who is just getting started again. A couple of my training partners (who weigh in arount 260 lbs, relatively lean) had pictures taken with him, and look miniscule beside him.

He is HUGE, and is apparently very intense when he trains. There is NOTHING I would put by him if he chooses to focus on it. He is just that gifted.

By the way- he finished 3rd at last year’s WSM, and will be looking to move up from there. Stay tuned!

[quote]superscience wrote:
GermanPower wrote:
RC would not win a damn in the world strongest men competition, even if he would change. He would tore up too many muscles.

yeah cause his muscles are weak and soft. [/quote]

I think he says that b/c coleman trains mostly with partial reps and basically would be set up for injury if he suddenly started doing strongman. Coleman does have a powerlifting background though. But all I know for sure is, that stone is LIGHT WEIGHT!!

Here’s Filiou delivering a couple fridges.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
superscience wrote:
GermanPower wrote:

yeah cause his muscles are weak and soft.

I think he says that b/c coleman trains mostly with partial reps and basically would be set up for injury if he suddenly started doing strongman. Coleman does have a powerlifting background though. But all I know for sure is, that stone is LIGHT WEIGHT!![/quote]

Everything is LIGHT WEIGHT to coleman lol. Seriously i see no reason why coleman wouldn’t be able for strongman events.