World's Strongest Man TV Showings?

I recorded the ESPN telecasts on 12-30-12, expecting to see the qualifying heats AND the finals from 2012. But I only got the heats. Has anyone actually seen the finals on either ESPN or ESPN-2? I’ve checked the WSM website, but I’m dubious as to its accuracy regarding the television schedule in the United States.

My suspicion is that executives at ESPN consider WSM to be “cartoonish” filler. No more important than spelling bees or hot dog eating contests. Just something cheap to fill air-time, when their competitors have the NFL playoffs or The Super Bowl to show. Tell me I’m wrong.

I only saw the heats…switching back and forth between WSM and the Patriots game. Two things struck me…Brian Shaw is 6’8 and weighs 440…he is two of me…yikes! The other thing is a 300 pound plus contestant was referred to as “skinny.”

You can see a British version of the WSM 2012 finals on youtube. I’m not sure of an American telecast.

[quote]Staraj wrote:
I recorded the ESPN telecasts on 12-30-12, expecting to see the qualifying heats AND the finals from 2012. But I only got the heats. Has anyone actually seen the finals on either ESPN or ESPN-2? I’ve checked the WSM website, but I’m dubious as to its accuracy regarding the television schedule in the United States.

My suspicion is that executives at ESPN consider WSM to be “cartoonish” filler. No more important than spelling bees or hot dog eating contests. Just something cheap to fill air-time, when their competitors have the NFL playoffs or The Super Bowl to show. Tell me I’m wrong. [/quote]

I was thoroughly mad when the finals didn’t show. And that is why I hate ESPN most of the time.

Yeah I watched the British airing of the finals.

HITstrongman on youtube has 5 heats. Not sure about finals yet or not.

[quote]Drake37 wrote:

Like I said, it’s on youtube but it’s a British telecast. There’s a lot of love for Hollands, but that’s not really a problem.

Thanks for uploading the finals. I was surprised to see that Kaz does interviews for British TV as well as American TV.