World's Strongest Man 2017

Will be interesting to see if he puts weight on for next year.

Was coming back from a lot of injuries. Just wasn’t his year.

I haven’t kept up with this sport much and I’m just now catching up on recent events. I watched the Netflix video that covered the Arnold and Z was the only one (out of the main guys) to rep the log/oak. Seeing him struggle on the Viking Press made it obvious that he wasn’t himself.

It doesn’t seem to be a friendly sport.

Like among competitors? Super friendly sport. Lot of brotherhood. I’ve shared my gear with guys I just met that day in the hopes they’d do better than me with it. Lot less weirdness in the online community compared to powerlifting too, haha.

No, no, no. It’s not friendly to the competitors’ bodies lol

Oh yeah, not at all. You can be smart about training like Mark Felix and just be immortal, but the competitions will always be rough.

Yep, everything is meticulously planned and executed for Shaw. Nothing left to chance.

This isn’t a Rocky movie lol

Shaw, Bjornsson, and Hall if he decides to come are still the favorites for the podium.

Shaw isn’t old for strongman, nor does his performance seem to be waning. He won the last Arnold handily and didn’t lose the last WSM by much. He also pulled 460, which is the most I think I’ve seen him pull outside of hummer tires.

Bjornsson is still the strongest guy who hasn’t won yet. But he’s got a lot to prove.

Hall will struggle a little more as I don’t think the events favor him as much this year. We’ll see if he comes.

I’d agree that Big Z isn’t going to get back to the top. It looks like injuries and age have caught up with him.

Licis has potential, but I think he’s still on the outside looking in.

I saw on facebook the other day Eddie posted that he had ‘a few things on his to do list for this year’ one of which was a WR 230kg log.
My money would be on him ticking that one of the list later this year

1 Like