Worlds Strongest Man 2007

Does anybody know where the 2007 Worlds Strongest Man is going to be held, I have been looking but cant find where.

Thanks,
N. Robinson

[quote]N. Robinson wrote:
Does anybody know where the 2007 Worlds Strongest Man is going to be held, I have been looking but cant find where.

Thanks,
N. Robinson [/quote]

dont worry - plenty of time to train for it mate although dont be expecting to beat me and the guns

wwwneilmctcom.blogspot.com

dont worry - plenty of time to train for it mate although dont be expecting to beat me and the guns

wwwneilmctcom.blogspot.com

[/quote]

I’m not competing I was just planning on maybe going to see it depending where it is at.

Good luck if you are competing,
N. Robinson

All I know is…An American finally won it in 2006!

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
All I know is…An American finally won it in 2006![/quote]

Yeah, Phil Pfister tore it up!!! He won the last 5 events, and it came down to the last event to beat Mariusz for the crown. He did an awesome job!!

all I know is that Mariusz has got to be FURIOUS at being denied his 4th title by on 1 point or 1/2 point.

you can bet he’s gonna come back in '07 with a vengence!

Is the WSM still considered to be the best strongman comp in the world?

I followed the sport closely in the late 90’s but I stopped following it for a few years.

Now I am getting back into and I have been hearing that it is different. Did IFSA/Douglas Edmunds break ties with the WSM? Did that force many athlete stop competing in WSM?

I am confused as to what exactly happened.

The IFSA has better athletes and a more complete pool, IMO. Mariusz has never done well competing against IFSA athletes, as you can see by his performance in the arnold, and any other time he’s come up against Savickas.

WSM is Mariusz and a bunch of Americans.

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
The IFSA has better athletes and a more complete pool, IMO. Mariusz has never done well competing against IFSA athletes, as you can see by his performance in the arnold, and any other time he’s come up against Savickas.

WSM is Mariusz and a bunch of Americans.[/quote]

So…The IFSA did pull out of WSM?

Any links?

[quote]wressler125 wrote:

WSM is Mariusz and a bunch of Americans.[/quote]

Ahhh… have to disagree with the comment about Mariusz not doing well whenever he’s come up against Savickas. Savickas was in the 2005 WSM comp and Mariusz annihilated him. I will agree though that he hasn’t done well at the arnold.

Good training,

Sentoguy

As strong as Phister and Pudzianowski are, I don’t think either of them hold a candle to Zydrunas Savickas.

I’ve been googling IFSA and WSM all night and I still can’t figure out what happened.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
wressler125 wrote:

WSM is Mariusz and a bunch of Americans.

Ahhh… have to disagree with the comment about Mariusz not doing well whenever he’s come up against Savickas. Savickas was in the 2005 WSM comp and Mariusz annihilated him. I will agree though that he hasn’t done well at the arnold.

Good training,

Sentoguy[/quote]

Hi Guys
The last time they met in WSM was in 2004; Virasterk won with Savickas second and Mariusz third until he failed a drug test.

Savickas rules the Arnold where it’s invitation only. I think Mariusz was 6th last year.

Still a great strongman though.

Chris Young

Sento, you are thinking in 2003, with Mariusz finishing over Savickas. In 2004 Savickas was second with Mariusz finishing third prior to the drug test.

Either way, at this point in time, Zydrunas rules the world of strongman.

It would be nice to see everyone compete again, but oh well.

No doubt, big z is purely the strongest. His static strenght is unreal. If you’ve seen his record log press, there is no leg drive whatsoever, it’s like a strict press.

As an overall strenght athlete, I think Mariuz has him. Conditioning and mobility are far better. So, it really boils down to what you consider more impressive. Big z would win some events, mariuz others.

What’s interesting to me is that Mark Felix competed in both IFSA and WSM in 2006…

Monopoly

Savickas is the “World’s Strongest Man”, and I was at the Arnold last year when the great Kaz said it. I love Phil, but Phil has been handled easly by Savias, Kokliav(spelling)Varastuc and Bergmanus. In fact Phil has never been higher then 5th against the best in the IFSA. The WSM contest is now second rate, Pud. can’t hang with the big dogs in the IFSA, and that is why he stayed in the WSM.
I believe Savickas now holds 5 or 6 world records of the dozen events.

George

For those that are interested the IFSA web site is(ifsastrongman.com) I wonder if Pud. will show up for his annual beating at the Arnold. Also for those who say Savickas can’t move, Zydrunas holds the world record in the yoke carry. 900 lbs. some where around 25 meters in under 18 sec. So much for the big man not being able to move.

George

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

Good training,

Sentoguy[/quote]

I don’t think Zavickas has lost to Mariusz since 2004, and I don’t think he has gotten worse than 1st place since taking 2nd at the WSM in 2004. 2+ years of domination is quite good, which I think is what Mariusz did for about 3 years. Both of them are fantastic competitors but I think that big Z had more potential than Mariusz and we have seen that come to fruition these past few years.

As far as the IFSA/WSM split, you can likely find out some info about it on Marunde’s forum as some of the competitors discussed it at length a year or so ago.

Regards,

Sensless

[quote]sensless wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:

Good training,

Sentoguy

I don’t think Zavickas has lost to Mariusz since 2004, and I don’t think he has gotten worse than 1st place since taking 2nd at the WSM in 2004. 2+ years of domination is quite good, which I think is what Mariusz did for about 3 years. Both of them are fantastic competitors but I think that big Z had more potential than Mariusz and we have seen that come to fruition these past few years.

As far as the IFSA/WSM split, you can likely find out some info about it on Marunde’s forum as some of the competitors discussed it at length a year or so ago.

Regards,

Sensless

[/quote]

Thank you Sensless, I actually just read that thread last night.

I also checked out the IFSA sight. Their approach to strongman is very interesting.

I’ll agree about that. When it comes to events requiring technique or agility, the Pollack definately rules. However, put him against Savickas in a balanced competition, and he’ll lose.