World's Most Worthless Money

http://www.portfolio.com/slideshows/2008/3/Worlds-Most-Worthless-Money/?TID=advert/drudge/worthless_money

Don’t think we’ll see a 10,000,000 dollar note here in the US any time soon.

You’re right. We’d just drop zeroes off the currency, like Italy did, so that it would still say “one hundred dollars.”

Actually, we should be paying close attention to the fall of Rhodesia, one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century.

“Under the administration of Cecil Rhodes, there were the fewest laws, the widest freedom, the least crime, and the truest justice I have ever seen in any part of the world.”

–Major Frederick Russell Burnham, DSO

And it only took Comrade Mugabe a few years to fuck it up beyond all recognition.

Maybe we’ll be luckier.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
You’re right. We’d just drop zeroes off the currency, like Italy did, so that it would still say “one hundred dollars.”

Actually, we should be paying close attention to the fall of Rhodesia, one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century.

“Under the administration of Cecil Rhodes, there were the fewest laws, the widest freedom, the least crime, and the truest justice I have ever seen in any part of the world.”

And it only took Comrade Mugabe a few years to fuck it up beyond all recognition.

Maybe we’ll be luckier. [/quote]

You neglect to mention that all those privileges were only enjoyed by a small white minority,Varq.

Come on now,not exactly a fair comparison,is it?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Maybe we’ll be luckier. [/quote]

That means they would have to erase the same amount of zeros in everyone’s bank account too.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

That means they would have to erase the same amount of zeros in everyone’s bank account too.[/quote]

I wonder how many people would have their money in banks at that point.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

You neglect to mention that all those privileges were only enjoyed by a small white minority,Varq.

Come on now,not exactly a fair comparison,is it?
[/quote]

How many of those privileges are enjoyed by the large black majority today?

Do you think most blacks in Zimbabwe would prefer to live in a safe, clean, prosperous country under the rule of a benign white dictator, or in a turbulent, disease and famine-ridden country with 10,000 per cent inflation, ruled by a malignant black dictator?

And anyway, at the time of Cecil Rhodes’ administration, Major Burnham’s statement that I quoted above could have just as well applied to the United States, although for all intents and purposes, the US practiced a policy of Apartheid with regards to our nonwhite population.

So yes, I think the comparison is entirely valid.

We in the United States now have the closest thing to racial equality we have ever had, magnificently illustrated by the unprecedented election of a black man as President.

We also have the most laws, the narrowest freedom, the most crime, and the falsest justice of any time in our history, as we head into the worst depression since 1929.

Rhodesia didn’t have too much luck with its first black Communist president. Hopefully we’ll have better luck.

Well,let me tell you what I have found in Africa.

That people would rather live in a toilet of their own making ,than be subjugated by a dictatorship of a foreign colonial power.

As I think,would most people.

Please feel free to describe to me where exactly in Africa these “benevolent” white dictatorships took place.

I know many black Zimbabweans,and while they want Mugabe gone,the last thing on the face of the planet that they would want would be a white dictatorship.What they want is what we all want, a government of their own,elected by their own.

And Rhodes was an animal.