T Nation

World's Heaviest Man Set To Marry

(Story/Video)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7648634.stm

[i]"The world's heaviest man says he is to marry his girlfriend later this month after losing nearly half his original body weight.

Mexican Manuel Uribe said he and Claudia Solis would wed in his home town of Monterrey on 26 October.

The 43-year-old entered the Guinness Book of Records in 2006 after tipping the scales at 560kg (88 stones)."[/i]

[b][i]"Manuel has been following something called the Zone Diet - eating carbohydrates, proteins and fats in a ratio of 40:30:30, supervised by a team of scientists and nutritionists.

However, some experts warn that not enough is known about the long-term effects of diets high in proteins."[/i][/b]

I've heard about this.

I have, though, also heard that he's been losing some weight lately. Not sure if it's too much or life-altering, but at least the guy's doing something instead of "Raaah I'm fat. Nom nom nom."

"Genetic disorders and SOME(??) overeating"? "Some" overeating takes you over 1000lbs?

You on robot?

Yeah, because that's what a guy that weighs over 1000 lbs needs to be concerned with. The long term effects of a high protein diet. Not the long term effects of weighing over 1000 lbs.

I thought he had already died?

exactly.

I guess it was a buddy of his...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4906188.ece

Were they in a competition to see who can get the fattest?

Saw the show on this guy on National Geo or the Discover channel, one of them. Anyway, he couldn't get out of bed to exercise so he did some type of wiggling his arms kind of upper body dance. Looked very odd to say the least. Saw the commercial for his upcoming wedding and he still can't walk. He's getting married in bed.

D

The newlywed couple will spend their honeymoon searching for his penis.

I want to know what the hag who is marrying him looks like.

If it's his same girl from the first show she wasn't what most men would consider a certifiable fox, but she wasn't a scary hag or anything like that. She wasn't an obese fat arse either. Slightly plump regular looking latina broad.

D

Hold on.

If he couldn't leave his bed, who was getting all this food for him? Who was cooking it? Who was paying for it? He can't work.

How someone can get that fat is beyond me.

If memory serves me correctly, his mother. I wholeheartedly agree with your assertion.

D

Because a lot of people don't have the willpower to say NO to somebody else.

E.g., my ex-fiancee's son is quite fat.

And it's quite needless. While we were together periodically he'd get motivated to trim up some, and never complained, had a good attitude, and dropped substantial fat pretty easily and quickly.

After we broke up, and therefore my influence became zero instead of simply secondary, he was I guess 10 and had dropped to about 92 lb and was in fairly reasonable shape (he's tall for his age.) Within a couple of months he blew up to 126.

I have repeatedly advised her on the principle of simply drawing the line at some given pants size: this guarantees not getting fatter than that. At this point he was wearing a 14 Husky (codeword for "fat.") Obviously it's ridiculous for a 10 year old to start wearing a 16 Husky, so, draw the line: do not buy pants bigger than this.

But despite apparently agreeing, pretty sson that's what she's buying.

Then men's size 32 for an 11 year old kid.

I forget at what point size 34. Certainly by age 12. Supposedly she was going to draw the line there.

Now he's 13 and must be on his way to 300. I don't know what he weighs, but I think it has to be over 250. No idea on the pants size but it must be pretty big as he's now a real fatass in the literal sense.

And it is NOT that he demands tons of food or sneaks food or things like that. She CHOOSES to keep buying him bigger clothes, thus enabling him, and keep providing the food.

A lot of people cannot say no to someone they love when it comes to food, or buying them tents for clothing for that matter.

Must be the same story for whoever fed this fellow up to 1000 lb.

Well, technically, there aren't any long term effects of weighing over 1000 lbs. lol

"He dreams of being able to walk again"

Seriously, how do you get to the point of one day suddenly not being able to walk and just go fuck it I'll become bed-ridden and then start having to wear nappies and hopefully somebody will clean up all your shit from your 20k calorie a day diet.

U guys think he should bulk or cut/