World's Best Stand-Up Fighter?

[quote]otoko wrote:

Sorry about the snobbery remark.

Still Souwer is Dutch and is highly regarded in Holland. Also he took Yodsaenklai’s belt. Whatever you want to say about Yod now, Yod was the man then. Which was Muay Thai rules in Slamm(it is a promotion). Actually alot of these guys in K-1 max did fight Dutch and Thai fighters under Muay Thai rules and won. Yod fought in K-1 as well. SHould he have been in the tournament series? Probably

Muay Thai supporter are correct that K-1 max does not always bring in the best Muay Thai fighters. I think they alot of times try to bring in the guys they can promote.
[/quote]

No bother.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=718301957742618028&ei=YL_iSLnHOIL8rALJtainCw&q=bas+rutten&hl=en

Good video of dutch kickboxers for those who are interested.

OMC

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
facko wrote:
Again…boxing is pissed on…you can’t consider that a stand up art…or wait its shit compared to the other more complete ones?

Ahh don’t go there. Please. Please.

The styles are different. MMA striking is not the same as boxing, they’re not even comparable. No boxer can stand in with an MMA fighter with MMA rules, and no MMA fighter can stand in with a boxer by boxing rules.

I’m assuming that when they say stand up fighter, they mean striker who is allowed to use his hands, legs, elbows, and knees.

[/quote]

x2 why don’t people understand this. Its like comparing football to rugby.

[quote]JonnyTMT wrote:
Souwer vs Yodsanklai was fought under K-1 rules, and wasn’t for any belt. Souwer won a decision (many people felt it should have gone to Yod, despite his below normal performance) and if it had been scored under Muay Thai rules he would definitely have won. I’m not trying to put Andy down as he is a great fighter and I have been a fan of his for a long time, just putting out some info.[/quote]

Yes you are right I was mistaken. I was thinking of a WMC title fight. It was Buakaw-Johmod.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:

nah, just de la hoya and mayweather make bank.

[/quote]

That’s incorrect. Top boxers earn far, far, far more money than top MMA fighters.

Big paydays are way more common in boxing.

roy jones jr.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
roy jones jr.[/quote]

isn’t he supposed to fight again soon?

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Arlovski
[/quote]

Not even close. A true champion would NEVER lose to the likes of Datsik.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Therizza wrote:
roy jones jr.

isn’t he supposed to fight again soon?[/quote]

He’ll be fighting Calzaghe soon. Calzaghe fucked up his hand in training and put the fight off.

jones vs calzaghe is gonna one sick fight

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
jones vs calzaghe is gonna one sick fight

[/quote]

RJJ by KO in 10.

Calling it right fucking now.

ROY JONES who ROY JONES

im gonna go out of the limb and predict that jones is gonna overwhelm calzaghe…

ko under 10 rds

i dont see jones gettin hurt AT ALL in this fight…

Best stan up fighter, hands down

Ryu from Street Fight 2. I mean the dude can throw fireballs.

Goku, imo.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Bondslave wrote:
Arlovski

[/quote]
I hope this was sarcasm. That fight was 10 years ago, you do know that right?

I will admit he has his ups and downs, but on a good day with his head in the right place I would put him up against anyone.

What about guys like TYRONE SPONG, NATHAN CORBETT, these guys are amazing in standup.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Bondslave wrote:
Arlovski

I hope this was sarcasm. That fight was 10 years ago, you do know that right?

I will admit he has his ups and downs, but on a good day with his head in the right place I would put him up against anyone.

[/quote]

Not really.
We’re talking about the best here. Do you think Roy Jones would be mentioned here if he lost against a total loser like Datsik?

Anyway, you’ll see his (nontheless good and crisp) standup dismantled by Fedor soon enough.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
What about guys like TYRONE SPONG, NATHAN CORBETT, these guys are amazing in standup.
[/quote]

QFT…love those vicious elbows from Corbett. Haven’t seen a whole lot of Sprong,but what I have seen is impressive…good boxing skills.

Nathan “The Carnage” short HL:

“decent” Tyrone Spong HL:

could i just say, “Me in about 5 years” or is that too arrogant?

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
could i just say, “Me in about 5 years” or is that too arrogant?[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a “little” confidence. :wink: