World's Best Sports Fans?

“Fight the team across the field,
show them Ohio’s here…”

Red Sox. No question. Here’s why:

First of all, they’ve been around for over a century, which means that our Great-Grandfathers were Sox fans. And then, of course, there are the many heart-breaking failures in the World Series. 1946, Pesky holds the ball too long, and Enos Slaughter scores from 1st on a weakly hit single. 1967, Bob Gibson mows down the Sox twice. 1975, despite the biggest homer EVER by Fisk in game 6, the Sox go on to lose Game 7. And of course, 1986, when the ball goes between Buckner’s legs (although we all know it was Chiraldi’s fault, hell, it was MacNamara’s fault for taking out Clemens in the first place).

Of course, there is the great rivalry (is 26 world series victories vs. 1 a rivalry?) with the Yank-me’s. 1978, Bucky Fucking Dent hits a 3 run jack and sends the Sox home. 1999, when we barely put up a fight, and 2003 when Aaron Fucking Boone drives the stake deeper into our hearts…

And some of the players:
Babe Ruth (bastard)
Ted Williams
Johnny Pesky
Jimmy Foxx
Carl Yastremski
Carlton Fisk
Wade Boggs
Roger Clemens
Jim Rice
Pedro Martinez
Nomaahhhh
Manny
Big Papi
Curt Schilling

Oh, and the fact that the WHOLE city of Boston turned out for their parade when they finally did win it all. And, don’t forget that all through the Patriots “dynasty,” everyday the newspapers were full of offseason Sox news!

Go Sox. Now we’ve got Coco Crisp patrolling center (similar numbers to Damon, $10 million cheaper) and a big game starter in Beckett. LETS GO!!!

[quote]Spartan300 wrote:
So we got the lions, Steelers, Cubs, Canucks, Packers, Redsox & Redskins.

The Steelers are in the big show next week and were there about 10 years ago, plus they are in every AFC Championship so forget you. I’m talking about fans who love loser teams. The Skins won the Super Bowl 3 times in the 80’s so screw you.The Redsox won last year so screw you too, although your fans are pretty pathetic. What, was it like a Thousand years since they last won?

The Packers have won in the last 10 years plus they’ve had one of the greatest QB’s in the history of the game play every game for the past 10+ years. The Canucks? Give me a break! I’ve been to Hongcouver too many times and all they care about is snowbording and smoking spliff!

That leaves us with the truelly PATHETIC Diehard Fans of the Lions, Cubs and Maple Leafs. I think these fans are really devoted to losers! Which makes them tied for the title of “Worlds greatest Sports Fans!” LOL!!!
[/quote]

Lots of Canucks fans don’t even live in Vancouver. I live on the island and there are countless Canucks fans. You can’t say leaf fans are better than Canucks fans. The leafs have so much history to promote fanship. They were an original six club. Canucks sell out every game despite the fact that most Vancouverites are from asia where they don’t play hockey.

And our club is only 30 years old. Our fans still swear loyalty to Tod Bertuzzi even though he embarassed the team incredibly and takes a huge salary for almost no effort all year long. People view him as a saint because he wears a canucks jersey. Those are fans.

You didn't even mention soccer fans overseas. You should have declared best north american fans not best world fans. 

[quote]swordthrower wrote:

Ok, I can’t argue with that so the Sox are in! So it’s the Lions, Cubs, Maple Leafs, Steelers and Redsox. What do you guys think should we let the cheesheads and Canucks in? I’m ruling against the Redskins cause i find their name offensive. I mean you couldn’t call the tha Washingtom Blackskins could you? with a Zulu Warrior on the helmet. I’ll include them if they change their name to the “Washington Indigenous people”.

FSU has the best fans

[quote]Spartan300 wrote:
swordthrower wrote:

Ok, I can’t argue with that so the Sox are in! So it’s the Lions, Cubs, Maple Leafs, Steelers and Redsox. What do you guys think should we let the cheesheads and Canucks in? I’m ruling against the Redskins cause i find their name offensive. I mean you couldn’t call the tha Washingtom Blackskins could you? with a Zulu Warrior on the helmet. I’ll include them if they change their name to the “Washington Indigenous people”. [/quote]

Packers fans are in. they are definately die hard. Skins fans aren’t because I saw more black & gold in sports bars while I was there then skins fans. Their name has nothing to do with the quality of their fans.

[quote]paul bunyan wrote:

You didn't even mention soccer fans overseas. You should have declared best north american fans not best world fans. [/quote]

FSU is definitely in!!! We need someone to serve drinks at annual meetings. Still not sure about the Cheesheads. If we let the canucks in then Montreal Fans might want to get in. Then we’d have to become Bilingual. I really don’t want to go up that scary road!

PS I just can’t get enough of these pictures.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:

Second, your knowlege of the Packers is as lacking as your knowlege as to what makes a good sports fan. For those of us over 40 who had to grow up andlive in the late 60’s(after Vince) through the 70’s then through the 80’s and into the mid 90’s with regular records of 4-12 and first round draft choices of Randy Wright and Scott Hunter for our qb’s let me state that the Packers have not been good forever. 25+ years of mediocrity and just plain bad–and you still couldn’t get a ticket to a game.

[/quote]

Wright and Hunter were both 6th round picks, perhaps you were thinking of Jerry Tagge and Rich Campbell.

I hate to say it but you are all wrong. Buffalo Bills fans are the greatest fans of all.

More FSU pictures, please! I’m thinking I could be an FSU fan too…

And, I’d like to hear from our friends over the Atlantic. How about you soccer (football) hooligans? You should be mad as hell that all the best fans so far are from North America.

[quote]swordthrower wrote:
More FSU pictures, please! I’m thinking I could be an FSU fan too…

And, I’d like to hear from our friends over the Atlantic. How about you soccer (football) hooligans? You should be mad as hell that all the best fans so far are from North America.[/quote]

Ya where are all the Ballerina Ball Lovers? As far as the Bills go, we need more info. Now that we let FSU Fans in the bar has been raised pretty high.

I don’t know if this really qualifies as best, but if you want to get your ass-kicked, show up to a Raiders game wearing a 49ers jersey…you will get mobbed. Raiders fans are my kind of people.

None of the North American fans even stand a chance compared to football fans, especially Boca Juniors fans of Argentina.

They travel with the team everywhere. All throughout South America and even to Japan. And these are people that barely have enough to feed their families. North American sports fans are a joke.

To that Leafs fan, you guys are a joke. If Boca had the crappy record that the Leafs have they would get a talking to from their fans.

It’s not uncommon for the hooligans to show up at practices when the team is performing poorly to remind them that they are payed well to perform so they better do so. Sometimes the players will get roughed up as well.

Football is a passion. It’s what drives Boca’s fans. We have passion. Leafs fans have nothing. They have 1967 and that’s it. Pretty darn sad.

I’m going back to undergrad … and I’m going to Florida State!

Errr, uhhh, yeah, well … seriously … American “football” fans have just about NOTHING on European and South American “football” fans.

Not to mention crazy ruggers – oh wait, they all play the damn game instead of just watching! Hi Will.

Go Steelers! (and, for the record, the 80s were a … difficult time … for the 'Burgh) And … Forza Palermo!

Regards,
Mark

[quote]focaloca wrote:
None of the North American fans even stand a chance compared to football fans, especially Boca Juniors fans of Argentina.

They travel with the team everywhere. All throughout South America and even to Japan. And these are people that barely have enough to feed their families. North American sports fans are a joke.

To that Leafs fan, you guys are a joke. If Boca had the crappy record that the Leafs have they would get a talking to from their fans.

It’s not uncommon for the hooligans to show up at practices when the team is performing poorly to remind them that they are payed well to perform so they better do so. Sometimes the players will get roughed up as well.

Football is a passion. It’s what drives Boca’s fans. We have passion. Leafs fans have nothing. They have 1967 and that’s it. Pretty darn sad.[/quote]

What’s pretty darn sad is the fact that the crazy fucks riot when they’re teams lose, and then shoot the players.

To those soccer fans who go way to far- GET A FUCKING LIFE.

I’m all for loyalty and sports and what not. But that’s just fucking retarded (not the post, I mean, the fans).

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
focaloca wrote:

Football is a passion. It’s what drives Boca’s fans. We have passion. Leafs fans have nothing. They have 1967 and that’s it. Pretty darn sad.

What’s pretty darn sad is the fact that the crazy fucks riot when they’re teams lose, and then shoot the players.

To those soccer fans who go way to far- GET A FUCKING LIFE.

I’m all for loyalty and sports and what not. But that’s just fucking retarded (not the post, I mean, the fans).[/quote]

They follow the team cuz it’s their passion. You see, North American fans don’t know what it’s like to be passionate. It’s all about money and marketing for you guys.

You can go to a game and literally feel the stadium shake when the fans start to jump and cheer the team on. Its something that you will never ever experience here in North America.

[quote]focaloca wrote:

They follow the team cuz it’s their passion. You see, North American fans don’t know what it’s like to be passionate. It’s all about money and marketing for you guys.

You can go to a game and literally feel the stadium shake when the fans start to jump and cheer the team on. Its something that you will never ever experience here in North America.[/quote]

Sure we do. When the Rangers won the cup in 1995, MSG was shaking and roaring. All true sports fans get that.

But taking it so far overboard…I live my own life brother. Not for some team.

The reason the stadiums dont shake here is because they are built better. As far as sports fans go, I’m going with Nebraska. Sold out since 1967.

[quote]focaloca wrote:

Football is a passion. It’s what drives Boca’s fans. We have passion. Leafs fans have nothing. They have 1967 and that’s it. Pretty darn sad.[/quote]

I KNOW WE LEAF FANS ARE A JOKE! That was the whole point of this post. A crappy team that still gets a tremendous following. As far as a mob showing up to Leaf practices?

A: unlike your fans we have money because we all have JOBS to go to when the Leafs practice.

B: We have a thing here in Toronto called “Law and Order” which keeps us from attacking our Sports Stars when they Suck! I agree that is unfortunate. WOW a bunch of unempolyed Mental cases “roughed up” a soccer star. Oh my hide the woman and childeren. I’d like to see those hooligans show up to a Leaf practice, jump on the ice and “rough up” Domi and the boys". Hockey players have sticks stupid! They would kick the shit out of your hooligans!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Red Sox baby. One day, I will make the trek to Boston to see my Bosox play…that will be a good day! With the Fenway Faithful![/quote]

You have got to be joking! They are the pissiest, whiniest, boo-ing-est haters in baseball! Oh, sure, they love their bosox, but they show little respect for the other teams and former players. You want to see the best fans for a whole sport (baseball)- they live in St. Louis. And this, coming from a lifeling Chisox fan. Give credit where credit is due. St Louis fans love baseball, especially returning veterans now playing for other teams. Hell, they even love when the cubs come to town, but who doesn’t?

By the way, my own Chisox fans had been silently, stoicly awaiting a return to the promised land… although they can’t seem to sell games out, thus not being able qualify for this status.

Boston. Bhah!