World War 2

[quote]Fallen wrote:
The only war where I would willingly enlist to fight for America. [/quote]

And who would’t have?
Best supplied army, least amount of losses of the big players by far, decent spoils of war etc.

No-Brainer deluxe.

How about promoting a “pure Aryan” race and allying yourself with the Spanish, Italians, Japanese, and Arabs? Maybe Hitler wasn’t bright enough to make good decisions since he lacked the Aryan traits himself.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[quote]Fallen wrote:
The only war where I would willingly enlist to fight for America. [/quote]

And who would’t have?
Best supplied army, least amount of losses of the big players by far, decent spoils of war etc.

No-Brainer deluxe.
[/quote]

Pussies, (insert another name for people of alternative lifestyles), Jehovah’s Witnesses, and SickAbz

[quote]oldtimer3 wrote:
It may be ancient history or a joke to you youngsters but those of us who lived through it and worse still the aftermath are scarred for life. I can still smell the burning corpses and like many we lost everything and at times wished it was our lives so that the horrors would end.[/quote]

Troll or not WW2 was no joke and any youngster who thinks so needs a jackboot right up their shite pipe.

Been getting right tore into my WW2 literature lately. It’s pretty much became a hobby. I basically want to become an authority on the subject so I can bore my grandkids about a time when men were real fucking men.

Books I’ve plowed through so far have been

and currently working my way through

If anyone has any book in mind then by all means get it in the thread.

Interesting;
is T-Nation not about “alternative lifestyles”?
And: if you mean gay, now that would be funny, cause the military is [i]T H E[/i] natural repository of homosexuality.

"I basically want to become an authority on the subject so I can bore my grandkids about a time when men were real fucking men. "

Ahm.
you should read a bit more, maybe then you won’t type so much nonsense.
Going to war doesn’t mean you have chesthair or something. People (mostly youngsters) rarely have the luxury of truly deciding wether to go or stay.
As a german, you’d go simply because they told you to. And since you were raised with lots o drill & propaganda you wouldn’t really think about questioning anything.
Is this manly?
Same as a russian. Revolution, Shmevolution, the result is the same, some Tsarlike leader commands and you obey, especially since you’ve seen the land drown in blood recently. Asking questions is not an option here- Manly?
The american soldier was similar, and here the propaganda wouldn’t even have to lie that much. Everybody was going. Not going was not an option for the average simpleminded boy.
Manly?

Tell you what: In northafrica, german soldiers under Rommel couldn’t believe with what audacity italian troops surrendered. Determined, they often traveled with two suitcases and shouted across the battlefields “are you americans?”.
If confused Landsers pointed in the general direction of the enemy lines, they’d march there straight with a friendly “Grazie mille!” - now, is this manly?

It seems like indeed, refusing to die for a madman and doing your thing is exactly the kind of behaviour I expect someday from my kids.
Expecting your kids to die in a bs war means you surely have some twisted morals.

To understand WW2, you should study warfare and history in general.

Interesting;
And: if you mean gay, now that would be funny, cause the military is [i]T H E[/i] natural repository of homosexuality.

"I basically want to become an authority on the subject so I can bore my grandkids about a time when men were real fucking men. "

Ahm.
Going to war doesn’t mean you have chesthair or something. People (mostly youngsters) rarely have the luxury of truly deciding wether to go or stay.
As a german, you’d go simply because they told you to. And since you were raised with lots o drill & propaganda you wouldn’t really think about questioning anything.
Is this manly?
Same as a russian. Revolution, Shmevolution, the result is the same, some Tsarlike leader commands and you obey, especially since you’ve seen the land drown in blood recently. Asking questions is not an option here- Manly?
The american soldier was similar, and here the propaganda wouldn’t even have to lie that much. Everybody was going. Not going was not an option for the average simpleminded boy.
Manly?

Tell you what: In northafrica, german soldiers under Rommel couldn’t believe with what audacity italian troops surrendered. Determined, they often traveled with two suitcases and shouted across the battlefields “are you americans?”.
If confused Landsers pointed in the general direction of the enemy lines, they’d march there straight with a friendly “Grazie mille!” - now, is this manly?

It seems like indeed, refusing to die for a madman and doing your thing is exactly the kind of behaviour I expect someday from my kids.
Expecting your kids to die in a bs war means you surely have some twisted morals.

[/quote]

LOL trust a Kraut to come out with this pish.

I don’t think anyone takes WWII as a joke, but more of the OP just saying, “Discuss WWII.”

[/quote]

Hell yeah, that is fucking awesome.

Interesting;

Ahm.

Is this manly?

Manly?

[/quote]

Your wall of txt fails because…

1. I dont give enough of a rat’s ass to read it all
  2. I’m flexing my first amendment right to say, write, and express whatever the fuck I want.
  3. I would fight for America because there was actually a purpose for our involvement.
  4. It was just a facetious remark about homosexuals. There’s as much butt-loving going on in the army as there is in any local police department.

Cheers

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t think anyone takes WWII as a joke, but more of the OP just saying, “Discuss WWII.”

[/quote]

We can’t forget that this was also the war in which America flashed its colossal nuclear penis to the world by bukkake’ing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Interesting;

Ahm.
Is this manly?
Manly?

[/quote]

lol wut?

It was manly to depose Hitler and the third Reich. It was right, it was necessary, it wasnt easy but it had to be done. Thats manly.

[quote]Fallen wrote:

[/quote]

We can’t forget that this was also the war in which America flashed its colossal nuclear penis to the world by bukkake’ing Hiroshima and Nagasaki. [/quote]

That is problematic. Truman pulled the trigger but the fact is it was FDR’s baby and Truman was kept mostly in the dark until the project was ready to be used. At that point we were engaged in island to island fighting in the pacific with heavy losses on both sides. Advisors drew up numbers for Truman that said the losses we were going to sustain far exceed the number that would die in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Truman also feared the reprisal of american voters if they found out we had the power to stop the war and didnt use it. Furthermore I beleive tensions were already running high with the soviets and it looked like they were poised to take over Japan being so close and all.

Truman was caught off guard, wanted to save american lives, wanted to make the right political move, he wanted to head off a feared world war III with the soviets (ended up in the cold war) so you can see why he made the poor decision to wipe 2(!) defenseless cities off the face of the earth.

A blemish on an otherwise impressive presidency. Missouri’s own Harry Truman. Read the McCullough biography. He was a truly extra-ordinary man.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

Interesting;

Ahm.
Is this manly?
Manly?

[/quote]

lol wut?

It was manly to depose Hitler and the third Reich. It was right, it was necessary, it wasnt easy but it had to be done. Thats manly.[/quote]

Maybe, but the Sowjetunion hardly had a choice in the matter.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

A blemish on an otherwise impressive presidency. Missouri’s own Harry Truman. Read the McCullough biography. He was a truly extra-ordinary man.[/quote]

Blemish? Blemish my ass. Ten times that number would have died if we had to invade the Japanese mainland, probably more.

And with that psychotic, cultish culture at the time, none of them would have surrendered, and we would have had to butcher them all.

I say good for Truman. He saved more lives than he ended, including probably the life of my grandfather, who fought in the Pacific.

You don’t want to get nuked, don’t go starting wars.

I think Truman made the right decision also. My grandfather died from a WW2 related injury, shapnel through the heart. My Father lost his Dad when he was only 11. My Dad still tells me stories that his Father told him. My grandfather was in Germany came to the mainland on D-2 and saw the entire beach and water covered in bodies. He said the water was red.

Truman kept the Pacific from being as bloody as the English Channel. Thanks to all the soilders that have served in the military for our freedom.

It always bothers me when people try to give Truman shit for that… they have no idea of the absolute destruction that would have been heaped on Japan had we invaded- everything from the bombing of every major city to killing of everyone who didn’t surrender.

That island would still be a damned wasteland…

It always bothers me when people try to give Truman shit for that… they have no idea of the absolute destruction that would have been heaped on Japan had we invaded- everything from the bombing of every major city to killing of everyone who didn’t surrender.

That island would still be a damned wasteland…[/quote]

Agreed. We at least agree on one subject. I bet we have more in common than you think.

Did you guys know Truman was also a Klansmen?

I agree with Irish. The union would’ve slaughtered their way to Japan’s surrender. The bombs although devastating were not as bad as an invasion. I dont think it was a blemish in any way. America had to flash that cock to show the Soviets what the US could do and to defeat Japan.

And few people complain about the firebombing of Japanese cities that comparitively killed way more than the nukes did.