T Nation

World War 2

Greatest subject in the history of man.

Discuss.

whiskey’s good

The guy with the funny beard invaded, uh, Pol–uh, no, Finland. And the Chinese bombed Pearl harbor so we fought them at the alamo where they killed Davey Crocket. We still miss ya Davey. Had to give that shout out. Anyways. Then, then, uh, MLK and Charlton Heston marched against the Axes powers until they felt guilty and apologized. Then, peace descended.

Lesson one that should of been learned is don’t fuck with Russia because bad shit will happen.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
whiskey’s good[/quote]

I do not really like whiskey.

I like rum.

Never start a land war in Asia.

Unless you ride ponies, then its ok.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The guy with the funny beard invaded, uh, Pol–uh, no, Finland. And the Chinese bombed Pearl harbor so we fought them at the alamo where they killed Davey Crocket. We still miss ya Davey. Had to give that shout out. Anyways. Then, then, uh, MLK and Charlton Heston marched against the Axes powers until they felt guilty and apologized. Then, peace descended. [/quote]

LOL

Nothing else need ever be said about this topic.

[quote]EurekaBulldogLaw wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The guy with the funny beard invaded, uh, Pol–uh, no, Finland. And the Chinese bombed Pearl harbor so we fought them at the alamo where they killed Davey Crocket. We still miss ya Davey. Had to give that shout out. Anyways. Then, then, uh, MLK and Charlton Heston marched against the Axes powers until they felt guilty and apologized. Then, peace descended. [/quote]

LOL

Nothing else need ever be said about this topic.[/quote]

Whew, I’m relieved. I was worried I got something wrong.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Also, never try to match wits with a Sicilian.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Also, never try to match wits with a Sicilian.

mike[/quote]

Unless death is on the line.

Or is it ‘only when death is on the line’?

I forget.

Roosevelt moving the Pacific Fleet Headquarters from San Diego to Pearl Harbor, then declaring the Northern Pacific an ‘empty sea’ (meaning we wouldn’t patrol there) was one of the most brilliant setups in human history. It rivals Crassus’ using Sparticus to lead to the Roman Empire, or burning down the Reichstag to get ‘emergency powers’ for Hitler from fatso Hindenburg.

If only the REAL history of the world were taught instead of the empty and bland nonsense! Of course, the serfs might rip the masters apart if they knew the truth…so…Ssshhhhhhh!!!

It may be ancient history or a joke to you youngsters but those of us who lived through it and worse still the aftermath are scarred for life. I can still smell the burning corpses and like many we lost everything and at times wished it was our lives so that the horrors would end.

[quote]oldtimer3 wrote:
It may be ancient history or a joke to you youngsters but those of us who lived through it and worse still the aftermath are scarred for life. I can still smell the burning corpses and like many we lost everything and at times wished it was our lives so that the horrors would end.[/quote]

If you are not at least 80, I call bullshit.

That was a quote from someone I showed this to. As a 70 year old yes I remeber more of the aftermath than the real thing which was bad, and have more respect. It will be repeated in a few years but there will be less fools like you left over.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]oldtimer3 wrote:
It may be ancient history or a joke to you youngsters but those of us who lived through it and worse still the aftermath are scarred for life. I can still smell the burning corpses and like many we lost everything and at times wished it was our lives so that the horrors would end.[/quote]

If you are not at least 80, I call bullshit.

[/quote]

Yep. If he is 80, then he’d have been a pre-teen during the war and a young teen toward its end.

Pretty lame attempt at trolling and rather pointless as well. Most people that age would never visit this site or want to relive those memories.

My old man landed at Normandy, went across France and Germany, would up in Pilzner, Cz. 3 of his group were still there by then. He would NEVER talk about it unless he was stone drunk.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Pretty lame attempt at trolling and rather pointless as well.
[/quote]

Not as bad as your attempts though.

The only war where I would willingly enlist to fight for America.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Pretty lame attempt at trolling and rather pointless as well.
[/quote]

Not as bad as your attempts though.[/quote]

Mine have that certain panache, that only a clueless barbarian such as yourself could fail to appreciate.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Then, then, uh, MLK and Charlton Heston marched against the Axes powers until they felt guilty and apologized. Then, peace descended. [/quote]

I would be scared spitless to march against the “Axes Powers”. I mean, think of all the huge battle axes they would carry. Of course, Heston no doubt had all sorts of firearms, but armies, that have axes?

Scary.

p.s. I won’t even dicuss the dreaded “access powers”. Most formidable fighting force evar!

[quote]oldtimer3 wrote:
That was a quote from someone I showed this to. As a 70 year old yes I remeber more of the aftermath than the real thing which was bad, and have more respect. It will be repeated in a few years but there will be less fools like you left over.[/quote]