World Trade Center Movie

There are a lot of very good points made both for and against the movie. We have a Pearl Harbor movie, countless movies about the holocaust, a movie about Rawanda, and we can’t seem to get enough of the whole “violent tradgedy” genre.

I don’t plan to see the movie, but I do believe the world needs a good dose of “NEVER FORGET” right about now. Who knows what that group in London could have done.

Yes the world does need a good dose of never foget, but what is it that they should never forget? If you know what i mean.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Being in NY on 9/11 and watching it take place in person, I don’t think I have an interest in seeing the movie. A lot of people I know feel the same way.

Maybe some other NYers have a different view they’d like to share?

[/quote]

I agree 100%. Think if I moved elsewhere I might watch but, as I’m still in NYC–still on Ave. of the Americas–do not want to go through it again. Also agree that non-NYers like to talk about it more than NYers also.

I think the NYC Fire + Police warned that it could cause post-traumatic stress/flashbacks.

[quote]lesotho72 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
Being in NY on 9/11 and watching it take place in person, I don’t think I have an interest in seeing the movie. A lot of people I know feel the same way.

Maybe some other NYers have a different view they’d like to share?

I agree 100%. Think if I moved elsewhere I might watch but, as I’m still in NYC–still on Ave. of the Americas–do not want to go through it again. Also agree that non-NYers like to talk about it more than NYers also.

I think the NYC Fire + Police warned that it could cause post-traumatic stress/flashbacks.
[/quote]

The rest of the country brings it up far more often than those of us in the tri state area. Part of this is that I never know who was there, and so I don’t want to start yapping about it if I’m sitting next to a guy who was in one of the towers. Its a touch subject for many, including myself

Not too mention NY/NJ have voted Democrat pretty consistently the last eight years. Irony I guess.

Great special effects, but why is it they couldn’t get the mustache on nicolas cage to look real?

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Yes the world does need a good dose of never foget, but what is it that they should never forget? If you know what i mean. [/quote]

That we were attacked. 3,000+ civilians were murdered. We are NOT the bad guys. That it could, and probably WILL happen again. It doesn’t matter if you are red or blue, those are the things we should never forget. Please, no conspiracy theories.