World Record Bench Video @148lbs

This thread was orignially started to just evaluate his technique, and showcase the feat of someone benching 500 @148lbs. I bet there are very few people to accomplish 500lbs at his weight. I wasn’t knocking his ability as 500lbs is 500lbs no matter what weight class you are in its an accomplishment. He holds records in 3 weight classes.

He’s a friend, so say what you will about backhanding and bullshit.

Just for kicks, I also compete in the same federation, but in the 181lb class. My bp is at 395 raw.

I think you’ll be lucky to get 50lbs out of a shirt, so the 300lb comment is just ignorant.

[quote]one2njoy wrote:

I think you’ll be lucky to get 50lbs out of a shirt, so the 300lb comment is just ignorant.
[/quote]

Nobody specified what type of shirt you might get 300lbs out of. Look at Mendy’s PRs.

Personally I think I get at least 55lbs outta my single ply f6 which goes on in 2 minutes with one person helping. I’ve no doubt that if I dropped down a size I’d get another 20lb+ outta it.

As I’m sure you’re aware shirts just plain work better for some people. I suck off my chest but once it starts moving I can lock anything out. I’ve always had very strong triceps, that’s why the shirt works so well for me.

A blanket statement with no qualification can be dangerous at times. While I’m sure some people only get 50lbs out of a single ply shirt, there are many getting 2-3x that amount.

395 @ 181 is sick by the way, so nice work there!!

Hey guys. I have a novel idea. How about saying good job?

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:
Hey guys. I have a novel idea. How about saying good job?[/quote]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think the reason that people inquire about raw lifts is more out of curiosity than it is taking anything away from his lift. Yes, for sure that is an astouding lift.

But for the average gym jockey, who doesn’t own a shirt, doesn’t know how to arch etc. I think they are just looking for a comparison in their real world.