World Record Bench Video @148lbs

You guys have to see this video of the current world record holder in the 148lb weight class. He did 501.5lbs! Not to take anything away from him, but I swear his ass is in the air on the bench attempt.

[quote]one2njoy wrote:

He did 501.5lbs! Not to take anything away from him, but I swear his ass is in the air on the bench attempt.

[/quote]

Ohhh… so obviously you spotted something that the 3 judges missed???

What exactly makes you think his ass is in the air? You can’t even SEE his ass.

His ass is in the air

his upper hamstrings are touching the bench however

i don’t think it really matters though

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:
His ass is in the air

his upper hamstrings are touching the bench however

i don’t think it really matters though[/quote]

This is an excerpt from the WABDL offical rules:

REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION:

If the butt comes off the bench after the signal to press is given.

there’s a 148 lb class for men?

I have seen him in person, he is about 5’2" or 5’3", and looked incredibly solid. Almost no bodyfat.

There was no pause.

I’d like to know what he does raw.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I’d like to know what he does raw.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter, he competes with a shirt.

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
There was no pause. [/quote]

Not a long one, but it still wasn’t a touch and go.

And enough of his butt was obviously still touching for them to count it.

His butt was touching the bench.

ANd for those of you that think an arch doesnt matter, it does. Done right its an extra 5% or so.

We all know shirts can add up to 300LB.

Impressive lift for a 148LB guy.

I’d say he could probably bench 400 without a shirt which is huge for 148LB.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

It doesn’t matter, he competes with a shirt.[/quote]

Easy there, fella. He’d like to know what he does raw. Big deal. He didn’t say anything to diminish the value of the shirted lift, he just is curious. Don’t be so belligerent. I’d like to know, too. Deal with it.

You can put a titanium X/spider/batman shirt on me I’m not getting under 500 lbs for a bench, and i’m over 50lbs heavier.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
You can put a titanium X/spider/batman shirt on me I’m not getting under 500 lbs for a bench, and i’m over 50lbs heavier.[/quote]

Agree.

A shirt can add over 300lbs to a bench?

Nonetheless, that is excellent.

[quote]rmccart1 wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Easy there, fella. He’d like to know what he does raw. Big deal. He didn’t say anything to diminish the value of the shirted lift, he just is curious. Don’t be so belligerent. I’d like to know, too. Deal with it.
[/quote]

It’s a typical T-Nation back handed compliment. As was the hamstring/butt in the air remark. No matter what lift is posted there’s always some sly little remark in an attempt to diminish it.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
rmccart1 wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

It’s a typical T-Nation back handed comment. As what the hamstring.butt in the air remark. No matter what lift is posted there’s always some sly little remark in an attempt to diminish it.

[/quote]
Agreed. He takes advantage of everything the rules allow for. He’s got a great arch, and I seriously doubt he is getting 300lbs out of a shirt on a 500lb bench.

If he got 3 whites, then it was a good lift. How many people on this site are approaching a 3.5x bodyweight bench?

I compete raw, but take nothing away from the guys that use equipment. Give them their due respect. That was a great lift.

[quote]rsg wrote:
A shirt can add over 300lbs to a bench?
[/quote]

man that’s a heavy shirt. wot’s it made of, lead?

I have judged many meets in my career, and the kid was good… come on guys, he’s 148, he’s killing it.

He unracked with his butt high as most smaller guys have to do and then set back down before the start command per the rules. The pause was as long as it needed to be and he locked it out clean and easy. You guys are like a bunch of hens, nitpicking over every video like it?s the zapruder film. good grief

Incredible weight for anyone.

Even more so for a 148lb man.

This thread is amusing.

The guy demonstrated remarkable control and technique in that attempt. That is a lot of fucking weight for a 148# man to hold in his hands.

To the posters stating he lifted his butt, what you are seeing is horizontal movement on the bench from application of leg drive. This is not an infraction.

As it relates to WABDL, the press command was in keeping with the handful of WABDL meets I have attended (helped a few guys at one about 3 weeks ago).

I feel their press commands are fast and overall am not a huge fan of the fed but it doesn’t matter what I think, consistency in judging is what is important.

In other words, that lift absolutely was within the standards of the federation and IMO a legit WR.

Damn impressive lift.