World Record Bench Press

A few weeks ago I unofficially (wasn’t done in international competition) set the junior IPF world standard in the bench press at Canadian Nationals. Thought I’d share the video for everyone. I’ll be competing in the IPF classic world championships in Russia this summer and hope to make it official. I’m currently seeking sponsorship or looking for fundraising ideas to make sure I make it to Russia and most importantly make it home! any suggestions are more than welcome.

I competed in the 83kg junior division weighing 79.9kg bar weight was 180kg. It was a good lift 2-1.

shit dude awesome job. what’s your training like?

There are a number of websites you can use to set up sponsorship, if you get an account link it back here

I’m sure a number of us would be willing to help.

Where in canada are you?

[quote]budreiser wrote:
shit dude awesome job. what’s your training like?[/quote]

As a general rule, high frequency, high volume, moderate intensity. It really depends where I am in relation to a meet. I work alot in the 5 rep range for my general training, and switch to doubles and triples near a meet. I hardly if ever hit a 1rm in the gym. Coming out of a meet I do alot of higher rep stuff and focus more on accessory work as I try to fill out the 83kg class.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
There are a number of websites you can use to set up sponsorship, if you get an account link it back here

Where in canada are you?[/quote]

A number of websites that aid in matching sponsors with potential athletes? I’m not sure I 100% follow. I’ll spent some time looking into it further.

I’m in Saskatoon Saskatchewan.

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

Where in canada are you?[/quote]

A number of websites that aid in matching sponsors with potential athletes? I’m not sure I 100% follow. I’ll spent some time looking into it further.

I’m in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. [/quote]

try this

http://podiumplatform.com/2012/11/04/10-online-fundraising-sponsorship-resources-for-amateur-athletes/

Thanks alot I’ll look into it, I found a few other similar things in my search. I was thinking too narrowly before about specific help. Thanks.

Way to bench clutz!