World of Warcraft: The Movie

[quote]Tulkastaldo wrote:
They should base it off the original warcraft games with epic armies and suicidal goblins, not the hack’n’slash chatroom for shut-ins that is World of Warcraft.[/quote]

I agree 100% some of the CGI movies that blizzard had ins Warcraft 3 were breath taking I would love to see it turned into a movie.

I believe it will most likely be more like the Warcraft games then WoW but they will stick World of Warcraft on it in order to sell more tickets… that’s just what I think anyway.

I would kill for a Starcraft movie.

[quote]Zackgsc wrote:
Tulkastaldo wrote:
They should base it off the original warcraft games with epic armies and suicidal goblins, not the hack’n’slash chatroom for shut-ins that is World of Warcraft.

I agree 100% some of the CGI movies that blizzard had ins Warcraft 3 were breath taking I would love to see it turned into a movie.

I believe it will most likely be more like the Warcraft games then WoW but they will stick World of Warcraft on it in order to sell more tickets… that’s just what I think anyway.

I would kill for a Starcraft movie.[/quote]

whats with the similarities in the SC2 intro and the scene in Iron Man when he gets put into his suit? who copied who??

It is based on the World of Warcraft storyline but really WOW is just a continuation of the Warcraft storyline itself. Sam Raimi is directing, Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan) is writing and beyond that its still a lot of up in the air. Blizzard rarely fails.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
why is it live action?!?! Blizzard has the best graphic movies in their games. [/quote]

I don’t think Blizzard is making it. I remember about 3 years ago they sold the movie rights off.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
Zackgsc wrote:
Tulkastaldo wrote:
They should base it off the original warcraft games with epic armies and suicidal goblins, not the hack’n’slash chatroom for shut-ins that is World of Warcraft.

whats with the similarities in the SC2 intro and the scene in Iron Man when he gets put into his suit? who copied who??
[/quote]

I don’t think one is ripping off the other… but if anything Blizzard is ripping off Iron Man since Iron Man was a comic way before Starcraft was even thought about being created.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
I thought everyone already knew.[/quote]

Conan all over again

[quote]Zackgsc wrote:
Tulkastaldo wrote:

I would kill for a Starcraft movie.[/quote]

that would be pretty damn cool too ^^^

[quote]cywren wrote:
It is based on the World of Warcraft storyline but really WOW is just a continuation of the Warcraft storyline itself. Sam Raimi is directing, Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan) is writing and beyond that its still a lot of up in the air. Blizzard rarely fails.[/quote]

Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King beg to differ.

[quote]GETTODECHOPPAAA wrote:
Zackgsc wrote:
Tulkastaldo wrote:

that would be pretty damn cool too ^^^
[/quote]

I know WoW is just a continuation of the warcraft story, I just hate that people thought it was some kind of revelation even though it did exactly what every MMORPG before it did only with cooler graphics. I also liked the tone of the games up until the point that the night elves showed up- I like half naked women with lavender skin as much as the next guy but they never looked like an army to me and made the whole thing feel too “fetish-y”
I enjoyed the second game because it took “orcs n’ humans” and gave them ridiculous technology like oil wells and giant destroyer-type ships. I remember playing that game as a kid and thinking what an amazing movie it would be. But whatever, if it’s full of Night Elves and fairy dragons and it’s an amazing film, I’ll probably still like it.