World Maps Showing Different Stats

This is cool as fuck.

Cool find!

Dude awesome!

As much as I like my American friends here, you guys really might want to look into the whole “metric system” thing. Set an example for Liberia and Myanmar!

That was great!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
As much as I like my American friends here, you guys really might want to look into the whole “metric system” thing. Set an example for Liberia and Myanmar![/quote]
Everyone in America thinks so too, except not quite enough to bother the higher ups about it.

[quote]csulli wrote:

As much as I like my American friends here, you guys really might want to look into the whole “metric system” thing. Set an example for Liberia and Myanmar![/quote]
Everyone in America thinks so too, except not quite enough to bother the higher ups about it.[/quote]

Oz and fl oz and quarts and gallons are so stupid its unreal.

Whatever man, you and I both know that Canada’s only metric because we want to seem cool, modern and European. Other than speed limits, we still think in Imperial. Quick, without doing the math in your head how many kilos do you weigh? How many centimetres tall are you? How many metres tall is the tree in your yard? How much would you expect to pay for an ounce of weed (oh wait, you’re not from BC). Give the Americans a hard time if you want to, but don’t kid yourself my Northern brother.

Edited

Valid points Batman. Considering our proximity to the US and exposure to US media it’s hard to completely detach ourselves from Imperial measurement. I actually like our hybrid system. 6 foot 4 sounds a hell of a lot better than 193cm, but a liter of gas makes way more sense to me than a gallon.

I would say most Canadians use the following

Height: Imperial…
Bodyweight: Imperial…
General Weight: Metric (unless referring to weed)…
Speed: Metric
Distance: Metric
Lengths: Metric (unless referring to dick size)…

The thing I say to defend the Imperial system is that there’s nothing inherently wrong with a mile, it’s a good measure of distance (not too big, not too small) as well as the pound.

The only problem comes with converting them to other units, but so long as you’re not converting, there’s nothing “stupid” about the imperial units.

Having said that, the problems that occur when converting lead to shit lke the Hubble telescope not working right.

Valid points Batman. Considering our proximity to the US and exposure to US media it’s hard to completely detach ourselves from Imperial measurement. I actually like our hybrid system. 6 foot 4 sounds a hell of a lot better than 193cm, but a liter of gas makes way more sense to me than a gallon.

[/quote]

Agreed with the following additions:

Building dimensions: Imperial (always gonna frame stud walls with centres at 16" not 40.64cm)

Dick size: not sure why 8" sounds bigger but it does somehow than 20cm but it just does.

General weight: Food is a hopeless mishmash of grams, pounds and kilos that no one will ever sort out. Weed too for that matter. Grams, ounces, pounds. Always wondered how stoners could handle such complex math.

Fluid measures: Imperial is ridiculous and totally meaningless to me.

Temperature: Celsius all the way baby.

Americans will accept the metric system at about the same time that Soccer replaces Baseball as our National pastime.
Give us another Century or so before we catch up…ok?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Americans will accept the metric system at about the same time that Soccer replaces Baseball as our National pastime.
[/quote]

But choosing soccer would not be an example of advancing.

[/quote]

I use lbs for weight, cm’s and metres for measuring.

Gets worse in the U.k

They use miles, mph, but then also litres and grams.

To make it even worse lbs are grouped into ‘stones’ which 14 lbs!

Yo i weight 15st 8lbs… good luck with that!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

Gets worse in the U.k

[/quote]

I use KG when talking about my gym lifts, just by virtue of the plates and bar being in kilos, but I prefer lbs for body weight. Metres also is probably better for distance measurement.

I refuse to ever let myself become too comfortable with stone conversion to use it as a measurement, if somebody tries to tell me how much they weigh in stones I will pester them into converting it to pounds or even kilos. God I hate that Stones are a preferred form of measurement in the UK, or even with British people outside of the UK.

[quote]Karado wrote:
[/quote]
Poor people play soccer. I think the maps show this. I guess once the US economy finally crashes and we fall into nation wide anarchy and total collapse of the government, then we’ll start playing soccer and using the metric system.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

Gets worse in the U.k

[/quote]

If you really want to get into fucked up measurements, in Israel (which is metric, except for speed of cars, which is miles-per-hour, except on road signs, of course) we use crap left over from the Roman and Ottoman Empires — most offensively, the “dunam” — (about 1/3 of an acre).

And “dunams” vary depending on when the dunam was measured. It’s officially like 1000 square meters, but really meant “the amount of land one man and a mule could plow in a day.”

Anyway, everywhere from Turkey to Eqypt uses this crap measurement and every locale has a slightly different of calculating it.

There are all sorts of other shit measurements, too, like “rod” (16.5 feet or so) and other things based on the lengths of Roman Chariot axles. Seriously.

Hay and agricultural products get measured by the “cord”

[/quote]

How about milk and fuel — imperial gallon.

Big deal to mess up imperial vs. american gallons – ask the guy who had to dead stick in a Boeing 767 — landed without fuel on a race track — because he thought he was getting Imperial Gallons, instead of American and ran out of fuel

Gimili Glider

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

This is cool as fuck. [/quote]

Russian women have giant boobs? Wha???

[/quote]

Pretty sure Quebec uses Metric for bodyweight and height.