World Cup 2010 Thread

I’ll be rooting for the yanks. Have 2 Glasgow Rangers players in the team and they are my boys.

My head says Spain will win it though.

Glad it’s only 1 hour time difference in South Africa as well. Means I can get blazed and watch some football.

F yeah! Thank you for starting this thread good sir.

Argentina will be the black horse of the Cup! just wait and see.

Spain looks good tho.

England (altho they played rubbish in that friendly).

Netherlands…maybe.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
F yeah! Thank you for starting this thread good sir.

Argentina will be the black horse of the Cup! just wait and see.

Spain looks good tho.

England (altho they played rubbish in that friendly).

Netherlands…maybe.

[/quote]

Argentina are always in the favourites so they can hardly be described as dark horses. Maradona will fuck it up though cos he’s an absolute fucking loonball.

Holland are a good shout. I think all sensible football fans always want to see the Dutch do well.

England? To be honest I don’t really give two flying fucks about them however once the media kick in with their usual ‘66’ pish then I will be choking for them to get fucked in. Hopefully by the Germans.

England players and the wags, bunch of assholes lol Brazil most fun to watch so ill be hoping they win it.

GO MEXICO!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Sorry had to throw that in there.

Of course Argentina is a favorite to win, they play ridiculously good footie and have some of the world’s best players. However, does anyone think they’ll actually win? not really, especially since Maradona is a royal douche bag and a terrible manager. So yes, dark horse, because they will figure their shit out and take it (or choke in PKs like they usually do).

the Germans - really? Ballack is such a dirtbag. and thankfully he’s not playing.

I’m ok with Brazil.

I have always liked Argentina aswell, loved watching Maradona play and of course liking Brazil the semi final in 90 was a tough one to watch, didnt want either to lose.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Of course Argentina is a favorite to win, they play ridiculously good footie and have some of the world’s best players. However, does anyone think they’ll actually win? not really, especially since Maradona is a royal douche bag and a terrible manager. So yes, dark horse, because they will figure their shit out and take it (or choke in PKs like they usually do).

the Germans - really? Ballack is such a dirtbag. and thankfully he’s not playing.

I’m ok with Brazil.[/quote]

Ballacks out.

Nearly cried today when I heard Ballack was out. Devastating. I wanted my Germans to win it.

I see it going Spain’s way now.

I’m going with Spain. How can you beat a team with Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc?
I hope Messi has an awesome World Cup, he derserves it.

EDIT: I’m Spanish and a Barça fan so I’m definitely biased.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[/quote]

Ballacks out.[/quote]

o rly?
Despite the Germans losing Ballack, I still expect them to go decently far. They always play well when it matters and the last 2 WCs ballack has been a ghost. Rooting for Germany but I know its unlikely they’ll win.

I think you all are being too hard on Maradona. I mean he’s had a LOT of distractions. First his dog bites him in the face, then a camera man stands where Diego can’t help but run him over. And then to top it off, his toilets in South Africa aren’t up to par!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=789113&cc=5739

I really like watching Argentia play, but I really don’t want to see them win or at least see the aftermath: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5221965/ce/us/diego-maradona-run-naked-buenos-aries-argentina-wins-world-cup&cc=5901

The guy’s a train wreck, but entertaining for sure.

the trio of altidore dempsey and donovan will surprise england and is more than good enough to get us out of the group stage. although it would have been a sick foursome with ching circling on set pieces. i’m fuckin ready.

I think Spain is taking it, Argentina and Italy have a good chance. I really do not think Brazil will be taking it even though I have seen many sites with them as the odd favorites. Do they not have a new squad I.E no Ronaldinho

Never underestimate Italy. everyone’s written them off but they are the MASTERS of scoring a goal and closing the game down. Easy group stage too?
Shock exits? I’m saying portugal they can’t beat the cape verde islands. Argentina aren’t taking Tevez who imo is one of the top 3 players in the world right now. Germany are a good tournament side but I think they will not win. Spain of course are the favourites but they have always been the bridesmaid at world cups. And USA beat them last year in Confederations Cup. I think USA might shock everyone and England as usual will go out after a tedious quater final penalty shoot out.
Sneaky fiver on Holland to reach semis. Tenner on Italy to win. I have to. It’s family

Hopefully those dirty cheating french fuckbags will get battered by everyone they play. I’d like to see Spain or Argentina win it.

WTF is with all the Scots rooting against England? Was in Scotland for some of the last World Cup and saw it repeatedly. My Scottish relatives consider themselves BRITISH…

There seem to be several constants in the World Cup (though I’ve only been watching since 1998): Spain and England will both have promising moments, and then perform well below expectations. The Germans will play solid, brutally consistent soccer. The Brazilians will play well, but will fake all kinds of injuries in the hopes of getting penalties called against the other team. If the event is held in South Korea, there will be all kinds of crazy calls made in favour of the home team.

I don’t NOT support England. I hope they do OK but the expectation that Scots ‘must’ support the English I have never understood. Just the constant reminiscing of 1966, and the tabloid media’s unrealistic expectations compared with the (usually) mediocre performance means it begins to grind. Most of my friends have got their ABE (Anyone but england) t shirts already.

You all better get ready.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
You all better get ready.[/quote]

For what crooked teeth??