T Nation

World Averages: How Average are You?

Pretty cool blog where a guy has combined thousands of photos of people from a given country/period to produce the “average” face. The link is to a set of Random Averages (US Presidents from Ford to Obama, Old time/modern movie stars), but to the left there are links to different regions.

The English female is surprisingly fit, after a recent trip to Budapest it seems the beauty of Hungarian women is more than the sum of its parts, and I want to marry Peru.

All of the faces seem oddly familiar. Check it out.

Average golden age actor looks a ton like Paul Newman.

the average English woman does NOT look like that

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:
The English female is surprisingly fit.[/quote]

Surprised the average English female doesn’t have a face full of vomit and vodka with an overzealous usage of eyeliner.

I can vouch for Spanish Male and Female, that’s reasonably damn accurate.

Swedish Female looks considerably less hot than I would have liked to see.

Surprised Scottish isn’t there.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Average golden age actor looks a ton like Paul Newman.[/quote]

x2 Looks very Brando-Newmany, maybe even a little young Charlton Heston thrown in there for fun.

I thought the current male actor looked alot like tom cruise.

[quote]JCMPG wrote:
I thought the current male actor looked alot like tom cruise.[/quote]

I was thinking the actor who played the elf from Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
the average English woman does NOT look like that[/quote]
The median doesn’t look like that. The average smooths out all the features into something that is “not ugly” and therefore looks pretty good.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]JCMPG wrote:
I thought the current male actor looked alot like tom cruise.[/quote]

I was thinking the actor who played the elf from Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean.[/quote]

Orlando Bloom? At least it doesn’t look like the other elf, Hugo Weaving.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]JCMPG wrote:
I thought the current male actor looked alot like tom cruise.[/quote]

I was thinking the actor who played the elf from Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean.[/quote]

Orlando Bloom? At least it doesn’t look like the other elf, Hugo Weaving.[/quote]

Orlando Bloom. It looks like him.

The ‘average world’ look very philipino/indonesian/thai.

English women, those who look after themselves and are naturally good looking are not as common as I’d like to think.

The same goes for American women.

I am guessing for some of the faces there was not too many actual separate people used… maybe like combining a few different faces for a reference guide in average based appearance.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
I am guessing for some of the faces there was not too many actual separate people used… maybe like combining a few different faces for a reference guide in average based appearance. [/quote]
Yeah made it seem as though ugly people don’t exist

The average porno star looks really sweet and nice.

I KNEW IT!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
the average English woman does NOT look like that[/quote]
The median doesn’t look like that. The average smooths out all the features into something that is “not ugly” and therefore looks pretty good.[/quote]

This. I was thinking that the faces are way too attractive.

Then I was thinking about how all the asymmetries (inherent in most faces) would combine to form a face quite symmetric.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
the average English woman does NOT look like that[/quote]
The median doesn’t look like that. The average smooths out all the features into something that is “not ugly” and therefore looks pretty good.[/quote]
Seriously wondering how anyone could expect anything else to be produced

Average modern actor looks a bit like a younger Pierce Brosnan to me.